Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :(

+2
Lou Lou
Ginny
6 posters

Go down

Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( Empty Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :(

Post  Ginny Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 pm

OK...so everyone knows I work. AND I have a babysitter come to my house...WELL, for about hte past week, when I get home Thane is at the door all excited to see me and freaking out waving and grinning, well when i come in, he sits in the floor or runs up to me and stops and turns the other way and Im saying "come give mommy big hugs!!" Cry well, he WON'T give me big hugs, he won't have anything to do with me Cry

FIVE F*CKING MINUTES LATER, its time for the babysitter to leave and she says "Give me big hugs!" and he hugs her neck really tight and give her love by putting his head up against the door when she leaves :'( I am getting so upset about this!!!!!!! WHY DOES HE LOVE HER MORE THAN ME!! WTF!??!?! HE"S MY BABY Cry Cry Cry It just makes me so sad.
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20104
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( Empty Re: Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :(

Post  Lou Lou Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Ginny. Owen does this to me too. At first it really hurt my feelings but then I read something that made me feel better.
Children this age begin to understand that mommy is someone different from everyone else in their lives. They feel super safe with us and don't feel the need to pay us any special attention because they know we love them in a special way.

I know it sounds like it should be just the opposite but apparently they feel so comfortable with us and our unconditional love for them they don't show us affection and sometimes save their temper tantrums just for us!!!!!

SO every time he does that just think in the back of your mind that he loves you MORE than the baby sitter!!!!!!
I guess it's sort of like little boys hitting the girls they have a crush on! Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262

Back to top Go down

Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :( Empty Re: Getting very angry about "giving big hugs" :(

Post  mscherry42 Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Wow Lou Lou,
I really like that. I never even thought about it like that before. Ginny, I really hope Lou Lou's words helped.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19419
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Thank you Lou Lou and MsCherry! Its like deep down I know that he loves me, but my GOSH why in the world does he act like that and give HER love! I mean i have enough mommy guilt working away from home, it just makes me that much more sad when I see how much he loves her Cry

Thank you though very much, it does make sense what you said XXXXXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20104

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 am

Lucy has become very fickle with her big hugs. I may or may not get one, depending on her mood. More often than not when my husband tries for one she gets a very mischevious grin on her face and shakes her head ''no'' and has even started giggling and hugging herself and swaying. That really bugs him lol. Before she gave them all the time, even patting you as she hugged. We sing the song from Yo Gabba Gabba... ''Open your arms up wide, wrap them around and squeeze tight, hugs are fun, hugs are fun!''

Oh, and she will be all excited to see Kirk when he comes home from work, until he gets up close and tries to hold her. Then she wants nothing to do with him, and will often start screaming and squirming.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18386
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:22 am

Ginny -- that is so understandable that you feel like this. Kian was doing something similar (he was too young to be able to give hugs). But since I worked and DH was home with him 100% of the time, he would rather go to DH than to me when I was home. That also made me very sad. Of course, I knew when he wanted to nurse he'd come to me, but still..... Tongue

I like what Lou Lou said. That makes sense - but I never thought of it that way. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:15 am

dolly's momma wrote:Oh, and she will be all excited to see Kirk when he comes home from work, until he gets up close and tries to hold her. Then she wants nothing to do with him, and will often start screaming and squirming.

kaydance almost always does this to charles. we will get home before him and kaydee will ask for him allll evening till he gets home, all i hear is "da-da", and one time she even ran to the window when she heard and airplane looking for him (he drives a big diesel truck and she can hear it coming up the driveway lol!) and she gets soooo excited and runs to the door and then he will get down and try and hug her and she says uh-uh and runs away and if he grabs her she will kick and scream lol!!! the only way he can get her to not scream is by tickling her and then she cant do anything but giggle lol!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down