Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Jasper's Birth Story EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Jasper's Birth Story EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Jasper's Birth Story Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Jasper's Birth Story

+7
mscherry42
MommaBear
galaxy
BethG
dolly's momma
Ginny
Gutter
11 posters

Go down

Jasper's Birth Story Empty Jasper's Birth Story

Post  Gutter Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:09 pm

So DF really thought I would have him on Tuesday, soooo funny really.

I felt like crap Monday night, then after my bath I was just feeling asthough something was going to happen. I was restless most of the night but was able to sleep and thought what I was feeling was contractions but couldn't figure out the beginning and the end so I couldn't time them. They were mild like cramping or whatever. By 5am (exactly at 38 weeks) I woke up to a contraction and timed them to every 8-10 minutes apart.At 6am I called DF and my mom just to let them know what was going on. I then took a bath, had a bit of a bloody show and as I got in the bath Audrey woke up. I got Audrey dressed and we went downstairs for some breakfast. I didn't want to go to the hospital right yet because I wasn't sure if this was the real thing. I just got things ready slowly and called Audrey's babysitter to give her heads up and then called the hospital to find out if it was worth me going in for contractions that far apart, but because I live 45 minutes away (+ highway construction going on) the lady I spoke with thought it may be a good idea to come in and see what's going on.

We dropped Audrey off at her babysitters at about 8:40am. As we got into town I had DF park about a 5 minute walk away from the hospital because $4 an hour for parking is just ridiculous, so we walked over to the hospital having just 1 contraction along the way. We then made it to the maternity ward and they were all waiting for me, haha! At 9:45am, I went into the check up room and they checked my vitals and charted my contractions, of course them being 8-10 minutes apart and the pain was tolerable. I had a resident doctor check my progress and I was 3 cm and 50% effaced. I really think they were going to send me home if I didnt' live so far away, but because I was a long drive away they were getting my labour and delivery room ready.

At 11:10am they were finally admitting me. Contractions were still manageable. At 12pm my OB checked me and I was 5cm's and he was getting ready to go in to do a C-section so he was debating breaking my waters. At this moment I am starving for lunch but they wouldn't let me have any lunch. They were shocked that I made it to 5 cm without a whimper of pain, I was actually thinking this labour was going to be great.

At 12:45pm my OB came in and broke my waters, all I can say is ICK and felt like I had a nice warm bath, haha! Still was 5cm and 85/90% effaced.

At 1:50pm I was in my L&D room for about 30 minutes already. I got a boost of Oxytocin to help bring my contractions closer together. Still 5cm's and 100% effaced. My OB then left to go back to the office.

After my OB broke my waters and I think with transition I was really spaced, I was only focused on one thing.

The nurse kept asking me how I was doing, I was doing great, my OB mentionned I could have gas if needed but my contractions were going pretty good, I think about 6 minutes apart and then suddenly about 4 minutes apart and I tried the gas but it was only making me really out of it but the pain was getting really intense REALLY fast. I finally asked for the epidural and she found out that it would take 5-10 minutes. Then my nurse checked me and I was at 8cm with a strong urge to push. I was nearly screaming for the epidural but was trying to stay focused even though my insides felt like they were going to explode, had a few screaming episodes which I'm a little upset about, but I couldn't help it. At 2:15pm the anesthesiologist finally came in and I was sooo greatful he did the epidural while laying on my side because it was excrutiating. Most of this part of the labour I was phasing in and out of because of the gas and contractions being finally 2 minutes apart. It took forever for the epidural to finally kick in, well that's what it felt like.

Once my OB showed up, he checked me and I was still at 8cm's, but got to 10 cm's in no time. By about 3:25pm I started pushing and once his head was semi out, they asked me if I wanted to touch and I did, DF said the look on my face was of disgust, haha!! I remember it quite well really, hehe!!

Jasper Jacob Randal was born on August 25th, 2009 @ 3:40pm weighing 8 lbs 14.3 oz and 20 inches tall (really we think he was about 21 inches tall because the nurse didn't straighten his legs). I think the labour and delivery was around 10 hours 40 minutes.

When we left the hospital he weighed 8 lbs 6 3/4 oz. At his 1 week appointment he weighed 9 lbs 3 oz and 22 inches tall.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Jasper's Birth Story Empty Re: Jasper's Birth Story

Post  Ginny Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:31 pm

OH CONGRATULATIONS GUTTER! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS! lol So, everything sounds like it went GREAT!!!!!! I am so happy to hear you did wonderful Smile/happy So, no trouble like with Audrey??? I am so happy for you all! He is gorgeous!! Is he like Audrey or totally different? I can't wait to hear about him Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20113
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:40 pm

He's almost the same as Audrey, very content minus the fractured collar bone Audrey had Cry He feeds every 2-3 hours and he feeds for like maybe 5 minutes at a time and he's just happy and is gaining alright. I'm actually breastfeeding seriously right now, no pump in sight and thank goodness he's not tongue tied like Audrey was. Audrey only gets jealous when I'm feeding him/ holding him.

Oh and I tore (about 16 stitches or something like that) nowhere near as bad as I had with Audrey. My OB does want to see my in 3 weeks though to make sure i'm for sure healing. I can actually walk too Smile/happy This delivery made the ending of being pregnant sooo much better then what I had with Audrey (7 months of healing Cry )

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Oh i am so happy to hear it Gutter!!!!!!! He sounds wonderful (as i knew he would be) and I am really happy that everything is going wonderful! Congrats on the easy breastfeeding with him too - thank goodness no pump in sight right lol Congratulations again sweetie!!! Kiss
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20113

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Congratulations Gutter! How exciting! I am so glad you and he are doing so well. Forget about those screaming things that were bothering you -- it's ancient history, and you have that precious little sweetie pie -- after enduring all that so well up to that point a girl is entitled to do some screaming.

Can't wait to see Jasper's pictures.

Smile/happy
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Congrats Gutter! I hope you're healing well. Can't wait to see more pics!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22686
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:45 am

Congrats Gutter, I'm glad to hear you are recovering well and that Jasper has taken to breastfeeding so easily! xxx
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19701
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 am

Congratulations Gutter and welcome to the world little Jasper. It sounds like Audrey is adjusting well. Did you do anything to prepare her?
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:28 am

Aw Gutter. I'm so glad things went smoother this time around. Your little man sounds like he's growing quite nicely, two inches in a week, impressive!! Sixteen stitches sound like so much, but in reality, it's like an inch, right lol . Well, take care, and can't wait to see more pics of little Jasper.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 am

Congratulations again, Gutter, it sounds like everything went really, really well and I am thrilled for you! You're totally allowed some screaming I think considering all the work you're doing!!! So great that you're already recovering well and that the BF-ing is going so well too. Yay!!!! Congratulations again and welcome little Jasper!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 260
Loyalty Rating : 17953
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Awww congratulations, Gutter. It sounds like everything went very well. That's great -- I always love reading birth stories. And Jasper is such a cutie!! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Gutter it sounds like everything went swimmingly and just as you wanted it to. I'm so glad that the recovery is better this time as far as the tearing goes, and I really am just so excited that Jasper is here.

Don't feel bad about screaming during labor, it is excruciating and you did so well!!

How wonderful that breast feeding is going so well this time around, it gives me hope that perhaps with my next baby that breast feeding will be successful!!

xxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Thank you all sooo much sweeties!!! I am doing sooo well, I am amazed at how my last pregnancy has went soooo well, I am sooo done with babies, hehe!!! I have been told that if I go for 3 kids I might as well even it off to 4 and there is just NO WAY I can imagine having 4 kids in my little house, haha!!

Breastfeeding is quite challenging, the worries you have about not knowing whether your child is eating enough, but I'm still going strong, no bottles or pacifiers yet.

Jasper is doing really well, sleeps well, but does have a 1 hour screaming fit in a 2 hour span 1 time a day, which is time consuming and rather frustrating since I try everything. I still haven't given in on the pacifier yet even though DF is tempted lol!!

Cherry, we didn't really prepare Audrey for it because she was still quite young. She did know that there was a baby in mommy's belly, but how much did she really understand. She would lift up my shirt and kiss my belly or lift her shirt up, so I think she understood. Now you ask her about the baby and she points to Jasper NOT my belly, hehe!!! She gives him kisses and hugs, she is very sweet!! She does have her moments when I'm nursing him, but she's actually getting much better Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Only just caught up with Jaspers birth story. Great read Gutter, I think you coped remarkably well and sounded like for most of the time you kept cool (as in chilled out) Congratulations again Gutter! x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content