Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Sean's birth story  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Sean's birth story  EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Sean's birth story  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Sean's birth story  EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Sean's birth story  EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Sean's birth story  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Sean's birth story  EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Sean's birth story  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Sean's birth story  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Sean's birth story  Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sean's birth story

+5
Ginny
BethG
Gutter
White Lily
skyllar
9 posters

Go down

Sean's birth story  Empty Sean's birth story

Post  skyllar Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:34 pm

Sean Kyler
July 4, 2010 (40 weeks) at 5:09am
7lbs 15 oz

I had my 39 week appointment on Friday, July 2 (39 weeks 5 days). Everything looked great; the midwife asked if I wanted to be checked and I said “no”. They wanted me to come back in a week for a NST.

Contractions started Saturday morning July 3 around 10am. At that point they came about 5 minutes apart, but spaced out to every 5-10 minutes throughout the day. We called the midwife and the birthing center to let them know that I was in labor. So we went about our day watching Germany play in the World Cup and hanging out at home with Kian. The contractions were pretty strong, but endurable bouncing on my birthing ball. We had dinner and it looked like the contractions stayed at 5-10 minutes apart, so I thought that baby would probably not come that day. We called our friends who were to take Kian that nothing would probably happen and that they could go to bed. I decided I would try to get some sleep and see what happens. Contractions were still 5-8 minutes apart and bouncing on the ball or walking helped me get through them. It was romantic sitting in the bedroom with Richard playing the guitar for me. I couldn’t sleep, but Richard eventually got a couple of hours.

At 2am the contractions had gotten much stronger, but still 5-7 minutes or so apart. I decided to wake Richard as I could really need some support at that point. By 3:00am the contractions were coming less than 5 minutes apart (2-3 minutes most of the time) so we called our friend to come over to stay with Kian. He was there within 5 minutes, we got ready and out the door. Contractions were extremely painful at that point.

At 3:45am we arrived at the birthing center and the nurse decided to check me immediately and I was already 9 cm dilated. She had me bounce on the birthing ball while Richard parked the car and she called the midwife and filled the birthing tub with water. As soon as the tub was ready, Richard and I got in it and the warm water felt amazing and so relaxing. The midwife arrived soon after, checked me and the baby and broke my water. Shortly after that, I went through the transition phase and was ready to push. I pushed for a bit in the water, but my legs started cramping up so they decided to have me come out of the tub to be able to stretch out my legs. I somehow got out of the tub and pushed standing (squatting) next to the bed – which worked really well. After 30 minutes total of pushing, Sean Kyler’s head was out, but he had the cord wrapped around his head twice. So the midwife cut the cord off around his neck and I pushed him all the way out. He was born at 5:09am (less than an hour and a half after we arrived) on July 4, 2010 weighing 7lbs 15oz and measuring 18.5 inches long. At 7:30am Richard went home to pick up Kian to meet his little brother. We stayed 24 hours after the birth and got home from the birthing center on Monday, July 5.

I really enjoyed this birthing experience and was so glad that I had found this midwife’s group and that birthing center. There was absolutely no intervention (besides occasional BP checking and baby’s heart rate checking with a Doppler), it was a calming environment and everybody was so incredibly friendly and caring. I really enjoyed being free during labor to walk, be in the tub and stand to push– it worked really well for me (I pushed for a little more than 2 hours with Kian).
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21094
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Sean's birth story  Empty Re: Sean's birth story

Post  White Lily Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Wow! You can tell just from reading your post how much you enjoyed the whole experience! It sounds lovely!!!!! Huge congrats to you Smile/happy

P.S. I love the new avatar pic!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18369
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Amazing birth story Nicki!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20104
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful, positive experience! Love the avatar pic too.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22701
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:17 pm

i love your avatar pic also!!!! what a WONDERFUL story!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, you are so calm and this went so smooth for you!!!! great news Wink so happy to hear that everything is wonderful Smile/happy xxxxxx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20128
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Wow, that sounds like it couldn't have been any more perfect. Its always amazing to hear stories like that since it seems they don't happen too often. Scary moment with the cord but all was taken care of and well.

Congratulations
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17850
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Skyllar it was so nice and calming to read this birth story. It sounds like everything went really well, and I'm so proud of you!!!! I'll bet you are enjoying your new little one. He is so cute!!!! xxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20895
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:02 pm

awesome story hun, you ae an amazing women, well done
cant wait to hear more of how its going xoxoxoxo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19596
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks, ladies!! Smile/happy

Yes, this birth was truly an amazing experience and it was really what I was hoping for. Smile/happy

Kian is really an amazing big brother. All day long he talks about "baby Sean". He helps changing him (well, he thinks he can do it alone, lol), gives hugs and kisses, talks to him, and tells everybody about baby Sean. So cute. Of course, he has his moments where he will throw a tantrum to get attention cause I only have two hands, lol. But, we are doing great! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21094
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Aww,I just saw this!congrats sweety.I am SO glad you had the wonderful birthing experience you wanted!It makes a difference doesnt it!I am so pleased for you! big hugs,...lovely to hear that Kian is being a good bb too! x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21337
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content