Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :)

+2
dolly's momma
Angel
6 posters

Go down

H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) Empty H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :)

Post  Angel Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 am

I know at the moment there is a lot of controversy and panic surrounding the swine fluy and the new vaccine,please read this,it may ease your mind somewhat or help you decide if you want to have it given to your child or yourself.Let me know what you all think!hugs!

http://www.smartmedinfo.com/medical_news2.asp?id=276

Last edited by Angel on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) Empty Re: H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :)

Post  dolly's momma Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Thanks for the article Angel. This has been very much on my mind. About a month ago I saw an article that talked about how all these companies manufacturing vaccines and stuff were going to be out billions if there was no big epidemic this fall. And suddenly the media is trying to make it sound like people are dropping like flies with the swine flu.

I have been debating with myself on Lucy getting it or not. I am leaning towards not, but they do manage to put the what if? fear into you.

I used to work for a man who got that Guilliane Barr Syndrome the first time they had swine flu vaccines. He almost died. He was paralyzed all the way up to his eyes. He lost his wife, and had to spend months learning how to walk again and do daily tasks. And to be quite honest he was never normal even years later. Course I don't know if he was normal before he got it....

Anyways the fact that they have done no long range testing with the vaccine, and are unsure of even the dosage really makes me nervous about it.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :) Empty Re: H1N1 Virus (swine flu) Vaccinations...read the article linked in the first post please :)

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Apparently both Skyllar and Kian had the swine flu, and they didn't even realize it, and now they are perfectly fine.

They are using a lot of scare tactics, I swear, but that's just my opinion.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 pm

I honestly think I had it during the summer,remmeber I told you all I was very sick for about 48 hours then it gradually went away.Only thing that made me think it WASNT any kind of flu,was that I had NO body aches like they say,my skin was sore to touch and the first day I felt nauseous (a swine flu symptom) I put it down to being so snotty and swallowing so much mucous in my sleep (sprry TMI) but I had hubby take care of the kids both days,I disinfected everything I touched,door handles light swtiches until the third day when I was a LOT better,but I had a low grade fever the first 24 hours too,anyway,it took a few weeks to FULLY go away,I was snotty nosed and hoarse for a long while afterwards,it was quite intense but not the worst I have had,I had flu when I was about 10 and it was FAR worse,I coulcnt eat or sleep for days and when I finally walked again I was so weak n shakey took me days to get back to normal.Either way,I had it RIGHT in July ,an odd time for the regular flu and I did wonder if thats what i had.The neighbours say it wasnt coz if it was 'the whole neighbourghood' would have had it,I am not suo sure!Just be aware,forwarned is forearmed.My kids are NOT getting this vaccine and I am not buying into these panic mongering ,greedy fools! LOL ***getting down off soapbox***
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi my mum went to the UK a few weeks ago and caught the swine flu and she was REALLY quite ill for about 5-6 days, really high temps, body aches etc she pretty much couldnt move out of bed, they gave her tami flu and she recovered fine.

It has spread fast in Australia, as it has been our winter, however it is now going into summer so i am guessing it will slow down and we dont have a severe winter either, so i understand some countries worry about it ffecting them during winter. Alot of people do get it and hardly get symptoms like any flu i guess everyone gets it different, alot of athletes that have has it here have hardly even been sick.

i havent heard or read toomuch info on the vaccine to be honest, but personally i dont think i will get Kyrah vaccinated or myself being pregnant.
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19581
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm

We were just at the pediatricians office today and when I asked her about the Swine Flu vaccine and mentioned I wasn't sure I wanted Isaac to have it she said "Yeah, it is new and they haven't done a lot of testing on it but it will be out in October." So it only reinforced me to think it is not worth it. I have never ever gotten a flu shot and I used to work in a daycare. So no shot for me either.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 pm

All I can say is I know immunizations and vaccinations are a huge controversy. But my friends little girl had a reaction from her flu shot last season and at 2 years old, she has an incurable type of arthritis that she got from the vaccine. This type of arthritis side effect is rare, but it happened to her. She is on like 3 different types of steroids, and she may never have a normal life. There are side effects to putting that stuff in our bodies.

My aunt and uncle had a flu shot one time, and they said that winter, they had never been sicker in their lives than after that flu shot.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:42 am

yes,some elderly neighbours of ours a few years ago went to get the flu shot and same thing,they said they had never been so ill,so they're not getting it anymore
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:50 am

I have some more information. Watch this video where the doctor promoting the vaccine here in the U.S. actually states that 1/1000 people will die from the H1N1 vaccine She says it at about 2 minutes into the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-BOUqsT3E&feature=related

Now watch this video. The scientists who developed the vaccine won't even take it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SmFxyust0

I went to the United States census website and did some research.

This is how many people are in the U.S. as of today: 307,511,355.

This is how many people have died from the H1N1 strand in all of the North American Continent: 889

This is the probability that you will die from the H1N1 vaccine according the the doctor that is promoting it: 1/1000.

You do the math. There is a greater chance of dying from the vaccine than dying from the H1N1 virus
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 pm

I wasn't overly concerned about swine flu, but now an 11-year old middle school student in my city has died from it. She was in school last Friday. Was admitted to the hospital on Monday (I think, maybe Sunday), and died 1am Tuesday morning. Very sad. I read on the newspaper's website that she possibly had pneumonia so maybe that was a contributing factor, but I haven't read that anywhere else yet. The state health department confirmed today that her death was swine flu related.

Hubby says he wants the vaccination now, but the nose spray one since he's terrified of needles. Of course, he and I are very low on the priority list though of who gets it.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22686
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:56 pm

OMG, this is terrible....

I added underlines to that last sentence. I think it's important to note that H1N1 does not always seem to be a life-threatening illness is otherwise healthy people.

A 23-year-old pregnant woman died Sunday after officials say she was admitted to a local medical center complaining of flu-like symptoms.

The woman was taken to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center at about 8 a.m. Saturday, according to St. Joseph County deputy coroner Chuck Hurley. She died about midnight Sunday, he said.

The woman’s name is not being released pending notification of family members.

The baby was delivered via Cesarean section and survived, Hurley said.

He said an autopsy is currently under way to determine more about the woman’s death. Possible H1N1-related complications are being investigated. He added that the woman also had other chronic medical conditions that may have contributed.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Ok, I spoke too soon, got caught up in the panic I guess, and I apologize for it.

Another news report said that while the woman was complaining of flu-like symptoms, her death was actually related to a condition of her pregnancy (which was not named). Still, a sad story.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 pm

That is sad. You need to keep a little perspective and remember there are people who die from the flu every year, and most often there are otehr conditions complicating it.....
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down