Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew

+2
Angel
Lily*Blossom
6 posters

Go down

20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew Empty 20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:52 pm

LM will not eat anything she has to chew! She just spits everything out unless it is organic baby soups or yogurt. She will eat grated mozzarella cheese. I am so confused. This is the child who eats anything and everything up until now! She keeps throwing a fit when she goes in her high chair and asking for her ball or pointing to the t.v. (which she can't see from her high chair in the kitchen, but she means she wants to watch her favorite video).

I am so confused. She was eating so well, any table foods I put in front of her, and now she would just rather be doing something else. The child needs to eat for crying out loud. I've been feeding her yogurt after her dinner to top her up since she spits out most of what I am feeding her. I have even been giving her her own spoon, encouraging her to self feed, etc.

She does not have a sore throat, I had her checked already. Her ears are great. The only thing I know of right now is that she is cutting some teeth, but that has never affected her meal times in the past.

Is it just that she is getting a mind of her own and wants to get down and explore, so spitting out her food is a sign of rebellion or something?

I have been trying to feed her little portions through out the day to get something down the child. She eats breakfast just fine. She sort of eats lunch. For morning snack she gets fruit and some sort of dry cereal. For afternoon snack she gets yogurt and crackers.

We are too poor for her to waste food!

Thoughts???
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew Empty Re: 20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew

Post  Angel Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 pm

a child from birth has one innate programe...survival,2 pediatricians have given me the only valuable advice I've ever really gotten from them when Teo went through this phase,they wont let themselves starve,so just feed them what they will eat (prefferably the healthy stuff) and they will be fine.Sounds like she's eating at least 2 meals a day with snacks,maybe she just doesnt WANT anymoree.She won't waste away and I think the not wanting to be a in ahighchair is common now atthis age,we gave up on Tia-li being in one except when we eat as a fmaily,she is in her pack play to eat,that way she can stand/move (which I know isnt great but it works right now) so I have her trapped otherwise she wanders off between bites.Anyway,I am sure she will be fine and not waste away. Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew Empty Re: 20 month old has decided that she won't eat anything she has to chew

Post  Gutter Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:39 am

Tiff, as LM gets older she will eat less actually. Audrey was an excellent eater too, ate everything, but now is quite picky with her meats. She's also went thru phases of barely eating at all. I just keep giving her what we eat and if she doesn't eat much I'll give her a cup of milk. I find she eats less while teething, so it's possible her teeth are too sore to chew her food. Just keep feeding her regular food and if she doesn't eat it, just give her a yogurt or whatever else she'll eat. She'll soon get hungry enough to eat. If it lasts too long and you are really concerned you may want to have her looked at.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your suggestions. You made me feel a lot better. I guess kids slow down with their growth around this time, so they don't burn and eat as much. I will just give her what she will eat, and keep offering her the things we eat in the hopes that she will grow out of this phase. It makes me so darned mad when she spits out her food! But I just keep being patient until she is done eating. I don't want her to get a complex and hate meal times, so I try to chill as much as I can.

I guess we'll be buying a lot more yogurt and organic soups!!! Smile/happy Her top canines are coming in, they probably hurt a lot. Been giving her natural teething tablets to help her through it, and ice cubes in her mesh feeder.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 pm

We are in a similar phase. Owen eats a handful of foods these days. Prior to this phase he loved all foods - especially vegetables and now I can't get him to eat them at all. He eats yogurt, toast/jelly, cheese, and fruit. It's frustrating and I feel like a bad mom but I know it's a phase.

HOWEVER - keep in mind, Owen would only eat liquids when he had an ear infection. The first day or two he had no symptoms other than not wanting to eat. It's probably just a phase but I thought I should throw that out there!

Good luck!!!!

This 18 months and up age is a hard one, isn't it!?!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:18 pm

I talked to my mom about not being sure Lucy was getting enough of the right stuff. (My mom raised 7 of us!) . Anyways she said we all went thru that, and that is what they make infant vitamin drops for. I bought some at Babies-R-Us saturday, but when we got home I discovered someone had opened them and taken the dropper out, so I haven't used them yet.

Lucy loves cheese, apples, frozen waffles (cut into strips), scrambled eggs, any type of noodle, but spaghetti the best, pizza (cut into little bites and she forks them), chicken nuggets (I was surprised she loves them, she ate 5 the other day! french fries, peas, mashed potatos. And of course my husband has taught her about candy and cookies.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:40 pm

oooh Owen loves waffles!!!! I do too - they are easy and portable (minus the syrup!)

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 pm

I really think it is her top canine teeth that are trying to cut through. She has been whiny and fussy, and touching her gums and saying "Ow." today. She just doesn't want to chew. So I got her some stage 2 food, and she wolfed it down. I think we may have to do this until those teeth come through. The poor baby girl! She wouldn't even eat bananas today, and she LOVES bananas!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 am

awww,yeah I meant to mention that of course with teeth coming through,that it must be hell to chew.Maybe just stick to soft stuff ,like the organic soups n yogurts until she is better? HUgs xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Tiff, it might really be her teeth bothering her and she might get back to eating regular food. When Kian was sick with possible H1N1 in the summer, he ate nothing, he only drank breastmilk and ate a little bit of yogurt and soup. Hopefully this passes as soon as her teeth are through.

We are still lucky here, Kian still eats pretty much anything we eat. Fruits and veggies he loves anyways, but he really eats anything. I can't remember him really turning anything down. Hopefully that stays like that a little longer. We are really hoping he puts on a little more weight. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Speaking of not eating, Audrey wouldn't eat her favourite dinner tonight and that's all she got, she wouldn't even drink her milk.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down