Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Please say some extra prayers

+9
MommaBear
skyllar
Lily*Blossom
BethG
24Penguins
Angel
sparkles
Lou Lou
Leeaman
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please say some extra prayers - Page 2 Empty Re: Please say some extra prayers

Post  dolly's momma Sun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm

So sorry. That is the bad part about pets. You have a responsibility to make the decisions, and determine whether you are prolonging their life because they still have quality of life left, or if you are keeping them alive for your own emotional needs.

She knows you made that final decision out of love for her, and she most likely already knew it was time -- I think cats and dogs just 'know' those things.

(((hug))) It will get better over time, but I know how bad it hurts right now too.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18377
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun May 02, 2010 10:08 pm

You know, I never ever thought I'd be the type of person to "replace" a pet quickly. But when Zoe died, it hurt so much for both of us, that I did start looking for a new special girl. My husband wanted to wait, but when I showed him a picture of 7mo old Morgan, looking sooo much like his old dog and yet sooo much like Zoe with huge ears, we just had to meet her and take her home. That was 10days after losing Zoe. Same with losing Shadow. Like Calypso, we nursed him through an illness and got a few more precious months from him. I never really was much of a cat person, but I found I really missed him a lot too. We met a cat at an adoption even but my husband just wasn't liking him. He found another cat there we liked much better and we ended up adopting him. That's our cat Tommy and we got him 21 days after losing Shadow.

So this doesn't work for everyone, but it ended up being the best thing for MrG and I. Really helped us deal with our grief. Losing a pet doesn't leave a hole in your heart; that pet will always be with you but at the same time it can open up your heart to love a new pet that needs a good loving forever home.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22668
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Mon May 03, 2010 5:30 am

Thanks lady's... It means a lot to me hearing from each and everyone of you.. It's pretty early right now. 5:30AM and I just find myself not being able to go back to sleep.. Hubby just left for work for the week and we just stood at the door and cried and now I can't seem to stop... Kramer (other cat) has hardly left her toys since Saturday. She never was big into her toys before, I think she must sense something... I laid down on the floor with her yesterday and told her how much her sister loves her and is going to miss her but that she had to go to heaven and that she is no longer suffering, and I swear she kind of knew what I was saying..
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17415
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 am

Oh Leeaman i just saw this! Oh no, i am so very sorry! Cry That makes me so sad to hear for you and your family Cry And poor Kramer. How hard that is for them when they lose a loved one too. It is hard on the other animals. A friend of mine had to buy and antidepressant for her dog after the other passed away. I am so sorry and am thinking of you! XXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20095
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am

Ginny wrote:Oh Leeaman i just saw this! Oh no, i am so very sorry! Cry That makes me so sad to hear for you and your family Cry And poor Kramer. How hard that is for them when they lose a loved one too. It is hard on the other animals. A friend of mine had to buy and antidepressant for her dog after the other passed away. I am so sorry and am thinking of you! XXXX

Thanks sweetie... I pray Kramer will be ok, we will get her through this any way we have to... We are having little snuggles right now on the couch... Or at least we were til she just got down...lol xxx
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17415
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2