Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
I am watching the... EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
I am watching the... EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
I am watching the... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
I am watching the... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
I am watching the... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
I am watching the... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
I am watching the... EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
I am watching the... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
I am watching the... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

I am watching the... Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

I am watching the...

+5
Lily*Blossom
mscherry42
dolly's momma
24Penguins
Angel
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am watching the... Empty I am watching the...

Post  Angel Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:11 pm

mice run around mt living room little F******s!It drives mr so nuts BUT I wont kill them.I have some humaine trapswe caught one the first night!I drove it a half mile down the road and dropped it off :lol:

HOWEVER his little mice buddies must either have cell phones and been informing each other OR they were watching the other one get caught coz they wont go IN the traps..on them sure but not in them,Its been 5 days and no more caught mice.They're actually quite cute but I have babies in the house n I'm sure they pee everywhere,I constantly see this little flash out the corner of my eye...why wont they just get in the damnd trap!I am TRYING to be nice but my patiece is wearing thin... :angry: Pray please just go away mice!

rant over...btw I am not leaving food out or anything obvious!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I am watching the... Empty Re: I am watching the...

Post  24Penguins Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:21 pm

awww angel!!! lol it seems like EVERYONE is having problems with mice uxcept us *knocks on wood* LOL! i feel for ya though! i really hope you figure out a nice humane way to get rid of them (but if you take drastic measures you know none of us will come out with the pitchforks, i mean ya got little kids, you gotta keep the home sanitary!!!)
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:47 am

What are you putting in the trap? Try peanut butter.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:19 am

Funny you mention peanut butter. We have some mice, how many, IDK, in our garage, and I've been after DF to get them out of there because Jadah is too scared(funny sometimes, but sometimes frustrating as hell) to get her bike from the garage. They're pooping in there, and having a jolly time eating paper or whatever. So, I bought some traps at Walmart. I couldn't find the classic wooden ones that I remember as a child. These were plastic, "easy" setup ones. But the instructions said to use peanut butter. DF and I were talking about it last night and wondering why peanut butter. We came up with a few possible reasons, most being stupid funny ones, but seriously, I am curious why peanut butter, and not cheese? And for the record, I don't mind killing them, or not, I just don't want to have to see them, EVER!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:05 am

dolly's momma wrote:What are you putting in the trap? Try peanut butter.

well,the first round of traps where we actually caught a mouse I used snickers bars cut into small peices.The mouse we caught was eating it when we caught him.but after 4 days with no mice,we decided to swith to a cracker with some peanut butter on it....no joy :( I did that 2 days ago..little b******S!LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:49 pm

You are so much nicer than me. I'd just flush them down the loo alive. I hate rodents, I have no patience for them AT ALL.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:27 am

I am petriified of mice and rats. Urgh, just thinking about them makes me feel sick. I couldn't even stay in my house if there was just once mouse in there, I would be hysterical! A couple of months ago my dog brought a mouse in from the garden and I was so parnoid that we would get them in the house.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18354

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 am

Aww I'm sorry lily,I know how you feel actually.Although I am not scared of them anymore.I used to be when I was little....funny story;

We lived in a very big house in the UK when I was aged 7-12 This house was a thatched house (for those of you who don't know what that is,it's a house with a straw roof not unusual in the UK).consequently,lots of spiders/mice and general pests shock This was also not helped by the fact that I was a VERY messy/disgusting child,the kind that would leave apple cores in cupboard along with sandwich crusts and cups under my bed...This,of course was an invitation for mice.I used to get in bed at night and here them rooting and scraping around in my closet near my bed.It used to terrify.One day I got up and flung open the closet doors,the mouse shot out and run past me.Of course to me,(in my 10 yr old mind) it was attacking me.I screamed and ran to my mums room.She was quite unsympathetic and told me to sleep in the spare room knowing FULL well the 'other' half of the house was 'haunted' Just something nasty I could feel there.never the less.I was SO petrified of the mouse that I spent sleepless nights in the 'haunted' room by myslef before I cracked and returned to the mouse room...

ah ,sigh I had such a hard childhood.lol
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:02 am

lol angel, i laughed when i read your story (believe me i know how things that are SO scary when you are little can be kinda funny to think about when your older!) i must say though that if i had to grow up in a house of spiders i would absolutely freak out shock no thank you! lol.

well, i hope you get all the mousie problems straightened out soon enough before they drive you crazy!
:angry:
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:55 am

Whoa..you flush them ALIVE lily!? Don't they ummmm, get stuck? *shiver*

Hope you get rid of them soon, its that time of year again. Dirty little buggers.
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17032
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

We still haven't caught any of the little varmits. I make DF go in there and check every night to see if we've caught anything. I get chills just thinking about seeing one of them with its neck broken dead in the trap...ewww!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:52 am

No no no Kellybean!!!! I could never flush them alive! lol! That was someone else shock
If they were in my house I would probably move out untill BF had sorted them out and I wouldn't WANT to know how he got rid of them, just as long as they were gone!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:49 pm

We put peanut butter on the wooden traps. Peanut butter, instead of cheese, b/c peanut butter sticks better. We've known mice to come race off w/the cheese and somehow not get caught. So w/peanut butter, they have to sit on the trap long enough to eat it off, they cant just take off with it. That way we catch them for good!

I hate mice. They are disgusting and I could care less if they die. We even used this special poison stuff made to get rid of mice. They eat it and it dehydrates them so they leave the house to find water and die before they make it anywhere of course. Poor fellas. I kind of wish they could live long enough to tell their little buddies not to come in my house, but ohhhh well. We'll just keep killing them. lol. Smile/happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 pm

I've found 2 dead mice in my house this year and all thanks for my kitty Pepa, who just loves to give mommy some presents Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 pm

lol, my mom used to have a cat who would find mice outside, kill them, and bring them in and lay them on her pillow!!! ewww! lol. needless to say the cat didnt go out at night anymore, not a nice wake up call!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:23 am

I don't think I could ever have a cat for that very reason!!! All that bringing mice and birds in as presents. Makes me shudder to think about it!!!!!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am

haha, thats why our cat is indoors only (among other reasons). shes never been outside, so she doesnt get to bring us "gifts" lol!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:36 pm

RYlee MAck wrote:We put peanut butter on the wooden traps. Peanut butter, instead of cheese, b/c peanut butter sticks better. We've known mice to come race off w/the cheese and somehow not get caught. So w/peanut butter, they have to sit on the trap long enough to eat it off, they cant just take off with it. That way we catch them for good!

I hate mice. They are disgusting and I could care less if they die. We even used this special poison stuff made to get rid of mice. They eat it and it dehydrates them so they leave the house to find water and die before they make it anywhere of course. Poor fellas. I kind of wish they could live long enough to tell their little buddies not to come in my house, but ohhhh well. We'll just keep killing them. lol. Smile/happy

I think the mice in my house are like special agents.we caught the one stupid one and the rest are not having ANY of it/The peanut butter has been there for 3 days now no luck!I have a plan though lol...

I have got some peanuts,I am going to start leaving a couple here n there NOT in the traps...get them hooked and then when they come back one day for their fix...they'll get caught.I am using humanr traps as well,I cant do the snap ones,the just sound awful when the mouse twitches n flaps around,sometimes it just injures them,it breaks my heart to watch.\aD FOR poisen,i think its cruel as well BUT the biggest thing is,the go off somewhere in your closets/under places you cant reach and thn die...nasty smell composition.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 pm

lol angel, you got stuck with the smart mice!!! haha, that sucks though!

you really think you can get them hooked on peanuts though?
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:10 pm

Wow Angel, have you found dead mice after giving them poison? THAT would be disgusting!! We've never had that happen...the one time we used poison, the mice were just gone, they must have left the house like the package said! :lol: Made me very happy Smile/happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:16 pm

No,I havnt' personally but at my grandads house that would happen :tmi: It was so nasty the smell.Or sometime we couldnt find the source but you knew what it was!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:20 pm

ewwww!!!! lol i cant imagine being able to smell them and not being able to find them! thats awful! :pale:
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Ewww...yeah I can imagine that would be pretty nasty!! Maybe we will stick w/the traps. I've never had that happen but wouldn't want to chance it!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:57 pm

well,think about it,if the mouse eat poisen say,in a closet (where you have seen mouse droppings) the poisen is not instant,it takes a while.I guess the mice not feeling good,go off either back to there hide out (maybe in your house or in a nearby building/shed ) on the property,and thats where it will die.I don't think that they think of dying somewhere convienient.LOL maybe it doesnt happen much but in my grandads case it was rats (they had chickens) and they would go off and did in the potting shed or under the chicken coop.sometimes you could see the dead ones if you looked ,other times you could only smell them.THere is NO mistaking the smell of rotting corpes! LOL

It's the most awful smell...

Hey on the subject of smells,has anyone ever smealt a skunks spray?I know it's weird and off topic but I am curious ...you know what,I am gonna start a thread (we donthave them in europe (or at least where I lived) LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:01 pm

eww angel, that sucks!!! but makes sense. its not like the mice are just going to say "oh crap, we are dying, lets make a run for the hills!!" haha, more likely they are going to be like, i feel like crap, i think ill go lay down in this warm comfy hole!!! hahaha.

ive never known anyone to get sprayed by a skunk before, ive heard its extremely hard to get rid of though. ill have to ask DF, hes lived here in an area where its more likely to happen so he might know!!! hehe.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum