Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

+12
skyllar
Toffee
MommaBear
Lou Lou
sparkles
Georgi
petal4
Helen
Lily*Blossom
24Penguins
Leeaman
Angel
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 am

Ok,so as some of you know,we suspect that my son has ADHD or some other condition based on his behaviour.(I will get him properly diagnosed at some point) The point is,something is wrong!VERY wrong.I have joint raised many of my friends kids from ages 2 -17 since I was a teenager.I have read MANY and continue to read many books on development and I have a home course of child psychology because it interests me.

now Just to clear something up,my son is VERY sensitve and VERY dramatic,weather he has hurt himself or he is sick it the END of the world.He HAS been like this since WAY before I was pregnant or mention was ever made of a sibling.It does seem tho to have got slightly worse which is understable .I KNOW.

Last night was one of the worst of my life;you may think when I am finished that I am over exagerating but I need to vent anyway.Thanks for reading.

Last night,as usual,I put Teo to bed ,he had a story and then some milk and got in bed.His nose had been a little sniffy and blocked the night before and during the day but not bad.He usually goes to bed with no problems.last night,he kept getting out and complaining that his nose was blocked.he does this EVERYTIME he has a cold.He goes to bed and starts SCREAMING and SHOUTING in a REALLY ANGRY voie "GET OUT GET OUT GET OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUT!" Talking to his blocked nose I guess.He kicks his legs and acts like someone posessed.We have tried calming him,soothing him,then the patience runs out after about the 10th time,it's not the kind of shouting and screaming one can ignore.If ou shut his door he gets up and opens it.He had had medication for decongesting and some benadryl to help him sleep.He kept sniffing and crying.It's as if it's beyond his comprehension what is going on.I have explained MANY times.it's ok,its just a cold,your nose will be stuffy for a few days.He DOES NOT get this,he keeps DEMANDING that I get it out of his nose.If it wasn't so awful it would be funny.

This went on from 8pm (when he fell asleep for a fw hours) ALL night.I tried to go to bed around midnight,I put the baby in the bed with me and fell asleep.what felt like senconds after,he BURST into my bedroom and screamed at me to help him get his nose unstuffed (he can blow it himself but doesnt seem to understand that's how to help it a little)

I told him very patiently that I cant help him.He went back into his room,kept on screaming and kicking.hubby was downstairs working.I asked him to step in so I could get some sleep.He took over,everytime Teo got out of bed and came to the stairs yelling about his nose.Hubby woulf lead him back to his bed and tell him that he was ok and to lay down and sleep.He tried to be nice and exlpain that the medicine would work soon and help him sleep.

Here is a small video of him at the beggingn.This is NOT how bad it got,multiply this by about 5 and thats how bad it got,everyone shouting and screaming.I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Th_S3600107 BTW I just watched this again,this doesnt come anywhere CLOSE to what he was doing,I just wanted to show people what he was doing but I didnt film the really bad ones.So please dont base any opinion on thi video!

1hr45 mins later,(I had drifted off for an hour or so) I awoke to the sound of my husband SCREAMING at my son (whihc is scary,he's got a very loud,deep voice) .I fell back asleep only to have this happen every 5 muinutes or so,my hubby thundering up the stairs to tell Teo to STOP openin the door,or stop crying.Eventually I went in and SCREAMED at him myself,I said 'JUST GO TO SLEEP'.I was delirious with exausition and just wanted peace.Again 5 mins later,he was screaming and yelling about his nose.I LOSt it,I went in there and told him people were trying to sleep.He yelled even louder so I flipped him over and spanked the hell out of his butt.I left him cryng and went back to bed.

he did not stop,he carried this on,hubby kept coming up and yelling then coming into our room saying we are NOT having our lives run for us by a 4 almost 5 yr old.I have to agree.Everytime he gets sick this happens,although this time was particularly bad.about 3am,I heard hubby cming up again and I was so angry I felt my whole body heat up,adrenaline rush through my body endlessly and my heart pounding.I tried to lay there and breathe deeply and calm myself down,I couldn'tI grew more and more anxious.Then (I thik Teo fell asleep for a while) I kept thinking every noise was hubby coming upstairs to yell at Teo(It wasnt) I just couldnt take it anymore.my haert was pounding.I guess from the stress?I felt nauseous and shaky.I went downstairs to ask hubby (even though he hadn't been up in a while) to please not yell anymore.I was white as a sheet and so weak with anxiety that I could barely speak.It was so strange,I just had to beg him to not go up and yell anymore.He thought it was weird but agreed.

I went back to bed and finally calmed myself,then about 5 and 6 he woke screaming and I dealt with it because hubby was asleep.So finally at 7am bright eyes and bushy tailed,Teo comes into my room and informs me that 'it's morning' I told him to get his butt back in his room and play quietly.I handled this poorly but I have NEVER had anyone drive me SO crazy.He has NO understanding of ANYTHING,he WILL not listen to ANTHING he is told and he talks/yells back...

IT'S A F********G COLD FOR F****S SAKE! Why is it the end of the world.I have NEVER EVER heard of a child getting So upset about a damned cold.I don't know what to do,hubby doesnt.I am at my witts end.I SUCK at this parenting thing.i have NO patience and if ANYONE tells me he is normal I will scream (no offence it's just how I feel after ALL my obseravtions and experience)

Last edited by Angel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:53 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : add link)
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21325
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I CANT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Leeaman Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:48 am

Hun, I am so sorry you are dealing with this right now.. I would get him checked out for sure, if not for your own sanity... It does sound a little off, I have never heard myself of a child feeling this way over a cold.. It can be very frustrating.. And if it is something that is wrong with him, it is not his fault either but he could needs some help on dealing with it, weather it be meds or what I am not sure. We use to have a family that lived beside us that their son had ADHD, and he was a very sweet boy at times but had his melt down moments where nothing they said or did would help snap him out of it, it is a very sad thing to have to watch, I can only imagine how much worse it would be to have to watch happen to your own child..

My thoughts are with you babe, and when you feel you need a breather you need to just take the time to yourself weather you have to go outside to the car and listen to a little calming music or what have you, sometimes it is needed.... I hope you can get the answers you need soon babe..

HUGS!!
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17436
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:57 am

oh angel, im so sorry yall are going through this! and no im not going to just say that this is normal and to get over it! i feel bad for both of you because from the video (i know you said it got much worse, just hear me out) it doesnt seem like its his fault! i dont know how hard this must be for you. when do you think you all might have insurance where you can get him looked at? i think that might help all of you out alot, with his development and for you and hubbys sanity. i dont really know what else to suggest, im so sorry babe!!

the only thing i would like to add, is at least he still said i love you too in the end of the video, so it shows i think he must feel just as bad about all of this as you do. i think he just doesnt know what to do, and isnt just doing this for the sake of misbehaving. at least you know he still has so much love for you and knows you are trying to help him!

im so sorry you are going through this!

*huge hugs*
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18796

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:01 am

RYlee MAck wrote:Hi, Angel. Sorry to hear about your rough night :cry:

I can see how you could get frustrated easily, especially with a baby to care for - you need your sleep!!! I would def. ask your hubby not to yell anymore, it looked like from what you wrote, that it caused alot of anxiety for you. Is Teo mostly like this at night when it's bedtime? I wonder if that might have something to do with it...maybe he just doesn't want to go to bed?

I wish I knew,I have never had trouble with him going to bed in general.He wasnt comlaining so much about going to bed as his noseI have had him checked the first few times it happened and they said there was nothing.He has also had chest xrays etc..He was also screaming about his throat,its part of having a cold.I just dont think he can cope.He gets angry like this over things in the day as well,but its not as long lived like this allnighter was.He just has no coping skills...I think
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi sweetie. I have been researching online for some sort of answer for you. All I can come up with is that he probably has more than one thing happening for him, a dual diagnosis. I am not going to tell you that what you are going through is normal. I think that whether or not there is one thing you can pin point with Teo, there is definitely something going on there.

I will keep looking. I am so sorry you are going through this. I think when you find out what is happening, it may help you understand what Teo needs, and how to approach it.

Sending a HUGE hug your way.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20883
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks so much Tiff,btw you look sooooooooo beautiful in your avatar pic! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:07 pm

thanks Angel, you are so sweet.

I found a great site with loads of info for you. Hope you find something that helps.
http://psychcentral.com/childhood/

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 pm

thanks so much for lookin,I will have a look now!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:09 pm

I edited the web address to take you straight to the bit about child hood disorders.

xxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:50 pm

I have looked at all of the disorders and the only one he seems to match up with is ADHD,I have already done the little testing thingy for it on sevral sites.I have found a support group whihc I will check out later on.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Aw, sorry that you didn't come away with anything new :(

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of this soon.

I will get online to chat with you later today.

Luv,
Tiff
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Aww Angel, I can't offer any more advice as everyone has given brilliant advice !!!

I really hope its sorted soon and you have a much better night tonight xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17671
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  petal4 Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey Holi,

I'm so sorry to hear you are still having worries with Teo, I watched the video and something came to mind.......I've also based this on past information that you have given, but I wonder if he has sensory issues. I don't know an awful lot about them, only that people with them feel more discomfort in certain situations than what another person might.
For example, your normal speaking voice may be really quite loud to him........and the louder you shout, the more discomfort it causes. When he falls and hits his head, he may find it a lot more painful than someone else. The fact that he runs a lot and jumps, could be his way of dealing with the frustration and overwhelming senses. I wonder if sometimes his own thought processes frighten him. You know how when we are thinking, we hear our own voices in our head.......well perhaps Teo's are extra loud or he hears more than one thought process at a time.
Having a blocked nose is horrible enough for anyone but for someone with sensory issues it could be unbearable. It would explain a lot.........on the other hand I could be completely wrong, just throwing my ideas out there.

I have my own worries with Ethan. We are still having problems with his eating. He won't touch certain foods because he doesn't like the texture, banana's are a BIG no no. Also, he won't touch grass or sand, he gets into a real state. We also wonder if he has some sort of sensory issues. Ethan is also quite hyperactive and he's going to be real hard work when he begins walking properly. He can already move quicker than me with just crawling. Ethan gets really freaked out when I switch the vacuum on or the liquidizer, he hates loud sounds. The thing is, he will play with the vacuum when I've finished using it so he's not frightened of it, just the sound it makes. Although its quite normal for a young child to be frightened of vaccuums.

Anyway, I hope what I've said makes some sense :lol: I'm not too good at explaining things.

Hayley x
petal4
petal4

Number of posts : 36
Loyalty Rating : 17139

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:50 pm

wow, ya know hayley that actually makes a ton of sense! cant wait to see what angel thinks about it!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:51 pm

That makes loads of sense !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 pm

petal4 wrote:Hey Holi,

I'm so sorry to hear you are still having worries with Teo, I watched the video and something came to mind.......I've also based this on past information that you have given, but I wonder if he has sensory issues. I don't know an awful lot about them, only that people with them feel more discomfort in certain situations than what another person might.
For example, your normal speaking voice may be really quite loud to him........and the louder you shout, the more discomfort it causes. When he falls and hits his head, he may find it a lot more painful than someone else. The fact that he runs a lot and jumps, could be his way of dealing with the frustration and overwhelming senses. I wonder if sometimes his own thought processes frighten him. You know how when we are thinking, we hear our own voices in our head.......well perhaps Teo's are extra loud or he hears more than one thought process at a time.
Having a blocked nose is horrible enough for anyone but for someone with sensory issues it could be unbearable. It would explain a lot.........on the other hand I could be completely wrong, just throwing my ideas out there.

I have my own worries with Ethan. We are still having problems with his eating. He won't touch certain foods because he doesn't like the texture, banana's are a BIG no no. Also, he won't touch grass or sand, he gets into a real state. We also wonder if he has some sort of sensory issues. Ethan is also quite hyperactive and he's going to be real hard work when he begins walking properly. He can already move quicker than me with just crawling. Ethan gets really freaked out when I switch the vacuum on or the liquidizer, he hates loud sounds. The thing is, he will play with the vacuum when I've finished using it so he's not frightened of it, just the sound it makes. Although its quite normal for a young child to be frightened of vaccuums.

Anyway, I hope what I've said makes some sense :lol: I'm not too good at explaining things.

Hayley x

Well,thanks for this,Its funny someone else just PM'd me about it or possibaly aspergers?I looked it up,The thing is,he doesn't seem to mind textures or foods or anything.However when I yell he puts his hands over his ears.When i vaccume he often runs around laughing hysterically and jumping around.And he ALways seems to exagerate when in pain,like even a tiny bump.we always put it down to him being REALLY dramatic.Its just hard for me to tell if it's him misbehaving/and or exagerating or if it's not his fault.I am not sure.Maybe I will film him while I vaccume and let you all see what he does.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Goodness what a hell of a night no wonder why you wanted to talk! I have to say that Hayleys answer is really informative and throws a new slant on Teo's behaviour it's certainly worth researching the condition she mentioned. As much as I would love to solve this for you, I have no advice or magic solution mores the pity but I can be there for you and listen and just be a friend! Love you babe x x Kiss
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21378

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Aww georgi you are so sweet Smile/happy
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:46 pm

she is isnt she,I am almost in tears reading.Sorry guys.I am all sappy,probably just tired.Thank you ALL so much for you suggestions,advice and support.It makes me feel a little more secure. Grouphug xxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:48 pm

Aww hun, it must be really hard for you, I am really sorry you had such a rough night :(

We are all here for you whenever you need us xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:19 pm

i am very sorry you are going through a rough time angel, i also dont have much to say as everyone has however if you do need info or support on autism, aspergeous, etc i have done AOT of courses on them for work and would be more than willing to help, i even have a check list of syptmoms somewhere, so just let me know, i have also worked with alot of children with all srts of disorders ( not saying Teo has one) xoxo
HUGS
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19584

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:28 pm

thx sparkles,it means a lot.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:17 am

How was your night last night hun ???

Hope it was better xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:06 am

yeah, i hope she gives us an update. maybe shes still sleeping!! haha, i know, wishful thinking Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:25 am

Aww thanks for asking.It was GREAT!I only woke up a few times.Teo woke up a couple of time but didn't loose his mind like the night before!Phew!I needed it.Baby and I got up at 9am! nice !
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum