Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Jayden's Sick!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Jayden's Sick!!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Jayden's Sick!!!

+3
Angel
24Penguins
mscherry42
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jayden's Sick!!! Empty Jayden's Sick!!!

Post  mscherry42 Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 pm

My poor baby's sick! :cry: She's been cranky for days now, and attributed it to teething, but now I'm not so sure. When I got her from the sitter last night she was warm. She was up at 2am this morning with a fever. When I checked her temp at 4am, it was 99.9. I had to leave work 2 hours early today because the babysitter couldn't get her fever to drop below 101. My poor baby is miserable. I'm going to schedule her for an appointment tomorrow. I gave her a cool bath. It wasn't even cold, but her body is so hot, that she screamed bloody murder because it felt like ice cubes. My mom suggested I not give her anymore milk, just water and pedialyte for a bit(I think old wives' tale, but I'm following it Confused ) She's sleeping now. She doesn't like the pedialyte. I only got like 2 oz down her before she went to sleep. I guess I'll wake her up in a few hours to take her temp and pump her with more fluids. I don't want her getting dehydrated on me during the night. So, I'm stuck. I don't know if she's sick, or if it's just a bad case of teething. I don't see or feel any lumps in her mouth. Why must our babies go through these things?!!!

Well,
I better go check on my baked chicken, and tell my other child to stop that God awful singing she's in there doing J/J.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19443
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Jayden's Sick!!! Empty Re: Jayden's Sick!!!

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:43 pm

awwww ms cherry!!! thats no good, poor baby!! i hated it when kaydie got a fever and was up and down feeling miserable (and i too had lots of people tell me to stop giving her milk while she has a fever and to just to pedialyte and stuff). it turned out she had a terrible ear infection, so im glad i brought her to the Dr. I hope your little jayden is feeling better soon, theres nothing that makes a mom feel more helpless than a sick child! i just felt so awful and wanted her to feel better!!!

*hugs*
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18808
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:52 pm

Thanks, Nika. I am just so worn out. I have dentist appt tomorrow, Jadah has one on Thursday with gymnastics that evening, now I have to make a doctor's appt for Jayden, all after working 3 12-hour days in a row with a sick baby by myself because DF just left for correctional officer academy. Oh, and I just started my next online class. Oh, and we're getting a brand new puppy in a couple weeks. I'm just piling it on!!!! What kind I say, I'm a sucker for punishment!

Ok, pity party over. I'm going dish out Jadah's dinner.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:57 pm

damn!!! i wont complain about being busy anymore, lol i dont do half what you do in a week!! you are one busy lady!!! now i feel even worse you have a sick kid, and on your own too!!! awww, move closer, ill babysit!!! hahaha
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:44 pm

Hey hun,I am sos sorry baby gurl is sick.It's awful isn't it.Your ma is right about no milk when sick (unless they're under 12 months) If it's a cold,milk thickens mucus,if she has a tummy bug it will irritate it.Clear fluid for 24 hours after the fever is what many of my various peds and documents say.I sure hope she feels better really soon.I am sending you hugs! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21337
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:28 am

awww i hope she gets better soon xo

what type of puppy are you getting?
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19596

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:00 am

Well,
I am now up at 1:52am. Jayden just fell back to sleep. Her temp was at 103.2, which got me to worrying. The only reason I wasn't flying out the door is because then I wouldn't want Jadah losing sleep, then having to go to school so sleepy. So, I gave her more Tylenol, coaxed some more Pedialyte into her, rubbed some ice on her(that didn't go over very well), then called my nursing after-hours line. I rechecked her temp, and it had gone down to 102.2 by the time the nurse called me back. She says that Jayden probably has a little cold. She told me that I don't have to give her pedialyte if I don't want to, or if Jayden prefers something else, she never mentioned no milk, though. I'll probably give my baby some juice since she seems to hate the pedialyte. She laid my fears to rest and now that's what I'm about to do, rest. But, did you know, they don't really become concerned anymore about temperatures until they go higher than 105, and also fever don't start causing brain damage(or something like that) until like 108!! I pray none of my family ever sees a fever that high. Well, off to try and sleep for a few hours then get up for Jadah. Thanks for all of your concern!!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:02 am

Oops! I almost forgot to answer your question, Sparkles?

We're getting a Puggle on 11/9. I have decided to call him "Smalls". We will have a Shawty(mini Dachshund) and a Smalls(Puggle), both boys.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:05 am

Aww no !!! I hope she feels better soon soon, I hate it when kids get sick :(
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17683
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 am

Thanks, Helen.
Well, Update for the morning. Her temp went back up to 103.7. I gave her some Tylenol and managed to get a little bit of pedialyte into her. Now's she's sleeping again. I'm going to have to cancel my dentist's appt this morning. I don't think it's fair for the other kids at the babysitter's to have Jayden there. I'm off to try and grab a 15 minute power nap before getting Jadah up for school. Have a great day everyone!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:58 am

Aww,I am sorry she's still not feeling well hun.I hope I don't come off as telling you what to do here,but I just noticed what you said about the cool bath.I was always told never to give a kid with a fever a cold or cool bath.Only luke warm (TEPID) to warm because it can actually cause the fever to go up,or in rare cases cause shock.

Here's an article I found about it...I hope I don't offend you by posting this I always just remember what they used to tell me about it when Teo was little...(in France)They said you should ake sure the water is 1 degree (celcius) cooler than his temp,I guess it's not as specific here...

http://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-give-my-baby-a-sponge-bath-or-a-drawn-bath-to-lower_12357.bc

hope you get some rest and she feels better soon! xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:03 am

awww cherry, poor babys still not feeling well. im sorry! i hope her fever breaks soon. are you going to call the Dr. back at any point, or just ride it out?
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:20 am

Angel,
You didn't offend me. But I made the water a little cooler than room temperature, but really "cool" in the sense of it. But since then then I've been wiping her down every hour with ice cold towels to bring her fevers down b/c they go up when she goes to sleep. The last temp was 100.8, so that's an improvement. I tried to give her some canned peaches, but she doesn't want to eat. She slurped the peach juice though. I put some otter pops in the freezer so I'll give her one when she gets up. Now she doesn't even want to be put down down to sleep. I'm typing sideways with one hand. Well, since I can't get up I guess I'll enjoy some canned paches!.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 am

lol, theres looking at the bright side of things!! thats good her fever is going down though! i hope she feels better soon!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:55 am

Glad her fever is going down hun xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17683
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:59 am

Aww,I am glad the fever has gone down hun.I am sorry she doesnt want to eat,very normal thought when they feel sick.As long as she drinks! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:35 am

Yeah,
But every time she falls back to sleep, which is very often since she's doped up on tylenol, her fever starts to climb again. I have a couple more minutes, then I'm calling the doctor. I saw her mess with her ear this morning as well. My mom told me something very interesting, and if I had any I would have tried it. She said that if a person has an earache, chop a garlic toe in half and put very close to the ear hole and count to at least 20, she says that it draws out or whatever it does, whatever causes the ear to ache. Neither of my girls have ever had one yet, but if they do, I will definitely try it. Hell, at the worst, my hand and their ear will stink of garlic for awhile! She's not some crazy person, y'all. She into organic healthy stuff. And like 95% of her suggestions work. She doesn't like taking medicines, and believes in using nature to help heal the body. For the most part, I try and take her suggestions, but I don't mind taking pain meds for that immediate relief, but sometimes it scares me how much excedrin has gone into my body because of my headaches, which is another topic for another day.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:39 am

wow! i wonder if that works!!! lol, kaydance has had 2 ear infections, well really she had one and it came back the day she stopped the antibiotics lol! poor girl. let us know what the Dr. says and that shes ok Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Poor Baby J!! I hope she gets to feeling better. It is such a helpless feeling when you can't pin point what is wrong. :(
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20895
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Awe, I hope she's feeling better!
Have you given her any popcisles?
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17047
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:24 pm

mscherry42 wrote:Yeah,
But every time she falls back to sleep, which is very often since she's doped up on tylenol, her fever starts to climb again. I have a couple more minutes, then I'm calling the doctor. I saw her mess with her ear this morning as well. My mom told me something very interesting, and if I had any I would have tried it. She said that if a person has an earache, chop a garlic toe in half and put very close to the ear hole and count to at least 20, she says that it draws out or whatever it does, whatever causes the ear to ache. Neither of my girls have ever had one yet, but if they do, I will definitely try it. Hell, at the worst, my hand and their ear will stink of garlic for awhile! She's not some crazy person, y'all. She into organic healthy stuff. And like 95% of her suggestions work. She doesn't like taking medicines, and believes in using nature to help heal the body. For the most part, I try and take her suggestions, but I don't mind taking pain meds for that immediate relief, but sometimes it scares me how much excedrin has gone into my body because of my headaches, which is another topic for another day.

My mum is the same way Cherry.Her fever will keep coming back because when u lay down your body temp rises anyway.Fever is not neccessarily a bad thing,except of course it causes discomfort but for the most part its the bodies way of fighting whatever is attacking it.

Heres a link I found about commen misconceptions about fever,.I might make a thread about it for everyone to read... Smile/happy http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_feverpho_hhg.htm
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:05 pm

I posted an update, but I don't know what happened to it.
Anyway, Jayden has double ear infection. Hell, maybe I should have knocked on wood when I said neither of them had had ear infections before!! The killer part is, when we got to the doctor, they took her temp and it was a measly 97.8. If they doc hadn't found that she had ear infections, they probably would have thought me crazy!!! She's slowly getting back to normal, though. This evening, she showed some spunk. She even ate a little bit of dinner, which was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully I can get some much needed rest tonight. Take care. Smile/happy
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 pm

awwww poor thing!!!! that sucks!!! ((Jayden)) glad the Dr figured it out though instead of just sending her home!! hehe, at least her temp went down, but thats annoying it had to happen right when you go to the Drs office LOL!!!

glad shes perking up some, and i hope yall get some much needed rest tonight!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Ty Nika and everybody else. Good night all!!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:39 pm

good night hun, hope you get some good sleep!!!!!!!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next