Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Most/Least Favorite Household Chore?

+8
Lily*Blossom
sparkles
Helen
White Lily
Georgi
mscherry42
galaxy
BethG
12 posters

Go down

Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? Empty Most/Least Favorite Household Chore?

Post  BethG Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:03 pm

What's your "favorite" household chore? What's the one you hate the most?

I like doing laundry. I do pretty much all of it on Saturday and finish up on Sunday. I don't really have time to wash, dry, AND fold it during the week. I like making everything clean again and knowing that we have fresh, clean clothes for the entire week. I dump all the clean clothes on the bed and fold it there.

I don't like cleaning the bathroom, which has been in a never-ending state of remodel anyway. Not much to keep clean, lol! But when it's finally done, I will clean it thoroughly and weekly to keep it spic and spac and spotless. When we're done EVERYTHING will be new except for the bathtub, but that's going to be reglazed.

I also don't like mopping the kitchen floor and seldom do it. Again, my kitchen is total crap and so is the floor. Mopping it isn't going to make it look better! I DO sweep it with a broom weekly though. I will wipe up muddy pawprints though.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22677
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? Empty Re: Most/Least Favorite Household Chore?

Post  galaxy Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Mmm, I hate cleaning the oven, hate the products, they make me feel sick. Love cleaning floors, doing laundry, especially in spring when the clothes are drying outside in the breeze and I can hear the washing machine going, and have all the windows open in the house, it's just lovely.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Most/Least Favorite Household Chore? Empty Re: Most/Least Favorite Household Chore?

Post  mscherry42 Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:27 pm

I hate all chores!! But I putting away laundry and doing dishes the most.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19419
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:24 am

When I am in the 'mood' for cleaning then I actually don't mind sticking some music on and polishing/dusting!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21366
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:37 am

I am not a fan of household chores! lol!!!

The ones I don't really mind are hoovering, I try and do it daily but sometimes it's every other day. If I leave it longer than that it feels like dog hairs are trying to take over the house! lol! I don't mind loading the dishwaher (although for some reason I hate unloading it!) and I don't really mind doing laundery and ironing but only when I am in the mood!

I hate washing pots by hand! We finally got a dishwasher earlier this year and I thought it was the best machine EVER invented!!!! I hate dusting and mopping. Actually mopping in itself really isn't too bad and I love how the floors look straight after, then the demon dogs come running in with mud all over their paws and I feel like screaming!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18345
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:58 am

I don't think I have a favourite or a least lol, I just do it all and enjoy it because I love a tidy house at the end of it !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17659

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:04 am

I hate cleaning windows and the shower lol

My fav would be prob the kitchen or floors cause it feels tidy when at least they are done lol
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19572

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:19 am

I find that I do my best cleaning when I A)am talking on the phone with a friend, or B)have a friend over. It's like I take my mind off the fact that it's dull and boring. And when I look back on it, I've always been this way. Whenever my cousin would come over, I'd have chores to do, and it would seem like I'd fly through doing them, all because she kept my mind off actually "doing" them. So, now I call up my friend, and we talk my way through cleaning the kitchen, living room, and other chores that don't really require both hands.

But, I hate doing chores. I would rather work than do housework(man, do I sound like a man?!!)
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about cleaning windows!!!! I HATE cleaning windows! sick
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:23 am

Dude, I hate laundry. I don't mind the throwing into the washing machine and dryer part, I just hate the sorting and folding part. I used to work as an in home respite care provider for three mentally and physically handicapped brothers, and there was SO much laundry. Some days all I did once I got them off to school was fold laundry, and I hated it. Hours and Hours of sorting, folding, and putting away, it sucked so bad. I have hated laundry ever since, and have a terrible habit of leaving clean clothes in the laundry baskets, I know it's so awful, but sometimes I just don't have the will power to fold and put away!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 am

I agree with most of you with the 'putting away laundry" I don't mind putting in the washer/dryer.I LOVE the smell of clean laundry but when it comes to putting it away...yikes...I could stay in the 'clean pile' forever!lOL

I HATE cleaning/touchig the sink,if ANY food gets even a bit cold/old I cant bear to touch it.It's weird because my son has a cup of milk at night in his bathroom,by morning it's ALWAYS solidified (if there's any left) and when you empty it into the sink it just falls in one big clump,It ALWAYS makes me gag I am not sure why,but Spoiled milk makes me heave!LOL

As for the rest of housework.I don't so much MIND once I get going,it's more the get going part...

Oh by the way,I LOVE ironing! LOL You all think I am weird font you ?I LOVE doing sheets and towels and things that dont really need it bbecause you can get them really flat!LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21313
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 am

Angel, I iron too! I can't say I "like" it but I don't mind it. I iron because too many of my dress (work) clothes look terrible it they are wrinkled. I iron because that was the way my mom brought me up.

What's this "window washing" you all speak of? Can't recall ever doing it! Ok, a few times on the insides but not the outsides. Ugh. I'm terrible. Again, I have terrible nasty old windows that desperately need replacing (one down, 7 to go.....) and cleaning is not going to improve them any.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:00 am

You iron towels? Crazy lady!!!! I do all of my ironing on a Sunday night but only clothes! I would never iron sheets or towels! lol!!!!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am

Ironing towels lol !!! thats so cute !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:03 am

My friend used to iron her knickers and bras! Never understood why! lol!!!!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:05 am

No way would I iron knickers lol !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

underwear? no, but I used to iron these little silk nighties I used to have....oh wait, maybe I'd iron the silk panties too (can't remember). Silk wrinkles horribly.

My mom used to make me iron pillowcases and my dad's hankerchiefs. No sheets though. Or towels. Oh wait, I think maybe my mom used to iron sheets. Hmmmm. Can't quite remember. But sheets used to be more cotton you know, not the cotton/poly blends we have now. I can see why you'd iron cotton sheets.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:15 pm

I don't iron. I hate it. DF irons our clothes IF there is just something that can't be shook out, or have the wrinkles fall out naturally. He irons very well. My patience is not good enough to keep at a wrinkle until it comes out. So, I just bring whatever I need ironed, to him. Smile/happy Ironing in my house ME: 2% DF:90% walk around wrinkled: 8% hehehe
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Angel wrote:I agree with most of you with the 'putting away laundry" I don't mind putting in the washer/dryer.I LOVE the smell of clean laundry but when it comes to putting it away...yikes...I could stay in the 'clean pile' forever!lOL

ha! i so could have written this word for word!!! im awful about it, i mean we live out of "clean hampers" hahaha. ive actually told DF when i get home to make me put the freakin laundry away for once!! we have 3 clean loads from yesterday, and im so sick of the clean clothes getting thrown around or mixed up with dirty clothes and then just having to wash them all again!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 pm

I loath washing silverware and utensils.
I hate cleaning the basement amongst all the spidys.
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17023
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:16 pm

hehehe i hate the folding and putting away of clothes too!!! its something i always leave to last or when im watching a movie i fold or something
and "this window washing" lol i hate it so much i hardly do it either just where the kids put their hands all the time etc ( friends kids i mean)

and :lol: :lol: :lol: about ironing underwear and towels lol and hankies ( so sweet)
we only iron when we need the item, like before we put it on, works better for us that way.
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19572

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:57 pm

I *hate* unloading the dishwasher and folding clothes. Dunno why, always have.

Can't think of any I really *like* doing, except cooking but I don't consider that a chore. Hmm. I don't mind sweeping too much I guess.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17238

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down