Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
car seat??? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
car seat??? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
car seat??? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
car seat??? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
car seat??? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
car seat??? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
car seat??? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
car seat??? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
car seat??? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

car seat??? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

car seat???

+5
Angel
24Penguins
Gutter
Lou Lou
Ginny
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

car seat??? Empty car seat???

Post  Ginny Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Hey everybody!
Thane is almost 11 mos old. he is 30 inches tall and about 20 lbs. He is still in his rear facing seat, but his feet are starting to go over the end of it. I read on the side that its for babies to 22 lbs and 29 inches tall. Soo....

Now i am worried to keep putting him in the car seat if he is too tall! BUT, I thought we weren't supposed to put them in front facing ones til a year old!? granted he ALMOST is one, but...I don't know!

I found a car seat that's a 3 in one that i LOVE!!! Its the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 car seat. It's $140 though!! Do any of you know if you get a nice carseat like this one with a buy one get one half price or some deal like that??? Cuz i need one for my mom's car too and i cant affort $280 but then again, how much is your baby worth I guess...

Any advice appreciated!

xxx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20146
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

car seat??? Empty Re: car seat???

Post  Lou Lou Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:30 am

Hey Ginny - I *think* the rule is 1 yr or 20 pounds. My SIL had to put her little boy in the 3 n 1 rear facing at 6 months because he was so big!!!!
You may want to check with the fire department. They can tell you what you need.

As for a two for one deal..... I'm no help for you there. Does your mom have him a lot?
My SIL put her infant seat in her mom's car for a while since he didn't ride with her very often.....

Let us know if you find a good deal because we will all need one soon enough too!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20304

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:08 am

thanks lou lou!

mama only gets him on wednesdsays, but me being the crazed over protective mom I'm like well what if something happned when he was with her and I got him a cheap car seat or soemthing I would feel so guilty! I will definitely will let you know if i found out anything on a deal! lol

Thanks!!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:39 am

Hey Ginny!! I switched Audrey carseats a long time ago. We bought her a 3-in-1 for $230 and then we needed one for the other car, so I looked around for a great deal of only $100 for a 3-in-1. It doesn't matter the price because they all do the same job, so if you can get a great buy then go for it! The more expensive one was a lot nicer then the $100, but whatever will work, works for me Smile/happy We just switched her to front facing about a month or so ago. I can't believe all the room it's given us in the cars now that she's front facing!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20122
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:41 am

hey gutter! the 3 in 1 thatt i am talking about is front facing not rear facing. so do u think he is old enough for front facing?
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:01 am

i thought by it being 3 in 1 that implied that it was rear facing, front facing, and booster... it has 3 uses???

i dunno,we bought kaydance a 2in1 at walmart for $45. its just as safe as the expensive ones, it just doesnt have all the extra features like arm rests and cup holders lol! but its cute with pink flowers on it and it does the trick. its rear facing and then forward facing, we will just have to buy her a booster in a few years.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18826
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:23 am

Ginny wrote:hey gutter! the 3 in 1 thatt i am talking about is front facing not rear facing. so do u think he is old enough for front facing?

Like Nika said I think a 3-in-1 is rear facing aswell. Actually the only time you can switch to front facing before 1 year old is if they reach 23 lbs and have good upper body strength. That's what they told me at the carseat clinic.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:56 am

Ok...i see the confusion. the Graco Nautilus is a 3 in one in the sense that its forward facing for smaller infants, forward facing for a toddler, then its a booster seat.

I found a carseat at wal mart that i may get its a graco convertible like the ones ya'll are talking about. Thank you soooo much for your input cuz i'd have put him in the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss Kiss
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:13 am

glad you seem to have it all sorted out ginny!! thats great lol
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:14 am

Ginny,I am glad that you got your carseat sorted.I also find myself in a predicament now though.My baby girl is almost 18bs and not even 6 months old,She has VERY long leg and is almost too big for her nwborn carseat.Does this mean that I should get a bigger front facing one already for when she's exatly 20 lbs?I don't think she will be anywhere NEAR a year old when she's 20bs.SO does this mean,that even if she's 7 months old when she reaches20lbs,that I ave to put her in a front facig chair?It just seems a bit young.I didn't have this issue with Teo becasue he was so tiny from birth until about 18 months.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21355
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:17 am

hey angel, the infant rear facing seats are good to about 20 lbs, and then if they are over 20lbs before they are a year old you are supposed to get a convertable car seat, or a 2in1 or 3in1 so that the car seat can handle more than 20 lbs but they can still sit rear facing. in the US they are supposed to sit rear facing until they are 20lbs AND 1 year old. not just one or the other lol!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 pm

24Penguins wrote:hey angel, the infant rear facing seats are good to about 20 lbs, and then if they are over 20lbs before they are a year old you are supposed to get a convertable car seat, or a 2in1 or 3in1 so that the car seat can handle more than 20 lbs but they can still sit rear facing. in the US they are supposed to sit rear facing until they are 20lbs AND 1 year old. not just one or the other lol!

I agree with Nika. Holi, you'll need to buy one especially for rear facing OR get the 3-in-1 to save yourself money in the long run. Audrey was in her infant carseat until she was around 6 months old and because she was a tall baby, we bought her the convertible carseat and was rear until she was a little over a year.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:49 pm

I had the same problem with LM. She was too heavy for her infant carrier car seat about 3 months ago. We got her this at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5515916&findingMethod=rr

It's a great seat for 120 dollars, and because it's a 3 in 1, I think it actually saves money in the long run.

Also... I was told that even if babies reach a certain weight before they are 1 year old, that you should still keep them rear facing, because their muscles just aren't strong enough yet. Better safe than sorry.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20913

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:52 pm

I think I'm the one that created some confusion about weight and age!!
Thanks for clearing that up Nika!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Princess, is it hard to change the carseat from one car to the other. also what kind of car do you have and does it fit comfortably? I was looking at this one this morning!! do you think its hard to get LM in and out?
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:04 pm

We only have one car and it's a new Scion xp, so lots of room. However, we had a really tiny car before and the car seat fit just fine.

As for taking it in and out, I have done so a few times, and once you get the hang of how to put it in, it's easy. We have a latch system in our car and putting it in rear facing with the latch system was tricky at first, but as soon as we got it down, it is easy to get in and out.

I imagine if you are putting it rear facing with just a seat belt, it's even easier to get in and out Smile/happy

It's a great car seat, easy to strap her in and out, doesn't have a confusing puzzle piece for a latch. I hate those carseats that you have to sit and line up all perfectly with four different pieces before you can snap them together. This one is really cool, you just snap it together across the chest, then snap it into the device between the legs, and you're done.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20913

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:13 pm

Lou Lou wrote:I think I'm the one that created some confusion about weight and age!!
Thanks for clearing that up Nika!!!

Dangit lou lou.So it WAS YOU!LOL ah thanks for all the info ladies,I will have to get her another one within a onth or so,the straps are starting to get too small n the height of the strap holes behind her are supposed to be above their shoulders nor behind them,so I know its almost time...sigh...thanks again!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21355
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryony Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:37 am

Ginny - I recently enquired about this also. Apparently it doesn't matter if your baby's legs are hanging over their carseat. The important thing is that their head does not come over the top of the seat. It is safer for babies to stay in their rear-facing seats until their head starts to come over the top of the seat. Regardless of how cramped they look in the seat, the longer they stay rear-facing the safer they will be, as they will be prevented from being thrown forward upon impact, if you are in a crash.

Rowan is still in her rear-facing seat, and she will continue to be for some time yet. I think it said 22lbs limit or 15 months of age. Rowan only weighed 17.5lb at 10 months so I think she will probably be at least 15 months before I need to get a forward-facing seat.
Bryony
Bryony
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 81
Loyalty Rating : 17114
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:41 am

that's interesting to know, Bry. Owen is a little guy so I think he will be able to use
his rear facing seat for quite some time too!
My sister's little boy outgrew his when he was 7 months old!!!! He is a HUGE kid! I
can't imagine having a big baby like some of you do! Owen is just finally starting to look a little chubby!!! I love it!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Yes, very interesting thread indeed!! I learned tons, thanks ladies!!! Smile/happy Kian will probably be in his rear-facing seat for quite some time, too as he weighed about 16 pounds at 8 months.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21112
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:41 pm

well i am glasd im not the only one with a munchkin!! lol thane is still under 20 lbs!!!!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:37 pm

lol, kaydance weighed in at a whopping 19lbs 3oz a week ago, so she was 11 months and 2.5 weeks LOL! shes still little lol
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:08 pm

haha!! That's funny Nika! Thane was 19.8 lbs last week! So he is BARELY bigger than her. Of course I am getting the bad wrap cuz i am still nursing so of course im to blame for him being on the smaller side...oh well!

I haven't yet put him in his NEW car seat cuz I can't find the time...maybe next week. I am off til January 5th - I will miss him so bad when i go back!!!

It looks like you all need to change the Daily Drama Thread on the other site btw...sooooo many bfp's over there!!! Wink Tell everyone hi for me cuz I don't go on there anymore Smile/happy Thanks!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:32 pm

lol i know! everyones gotten their BFP but me! LOL! i hope this is our month though Wink hehe, i will def. say hi for you though!!

and you can tell everyone to lay off, lol kaydance has been on forumla since she was 7 days old, and shes smaller than thane!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Smile/happy Thanks Nika!! I guess everyone just wants a reason to b*tch at us!! I still want to get thane one of those shirts that says "Don't give my mommy advice, I think she's doing just fine!" Smile/happy

I hope you get your BFP! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry to get off of the subject so bad, but for any of you who know me...you are not surprised! LOL Wink
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down