Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went??

+3
White Lily
24Penguins
Georgi
7 posters

Go down

Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? Empty Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went??

Post  Georgi Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Just wondering??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21390
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went?? Empty Re: Anyone heard how Mel's HSG went??

Post  24Penguins Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:34 pm

yes, she updated on AWH. i dont know if i should paste it here though, like that might be wrong, i think ill let her do it lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18808
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:40 pm

hehehe!!! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:09 pm

lol! I will copy and paste what I posted in AWH! I didn't really think to post on here because I couldn't really remember if I had spoke about having it done much on here! Here's how it went anyway....

Hi ladies, I just got back from my HSG so I am here to report back.

First off I was very concerned about the procedure being painfull, thankfully it wasn't at all! I have a low pain threshold and I confess that I am a huge wuss but it wasn't bad at all. I experienced VERY mild AF type cramping as they inserted the cathater but it was so mild it is hardly worth mentioning! Not even as bad as my normal AF cramps and lasted about 10 seconds.

There was a Dr, the sonographer and a nurse present and they were all fantastic. They kept my mind off what was going on by talking to me all the way through about pointless stuff like the wii fit, the ipod touch and pets!

Anyway the results were inconclusive. The dye went straight through my right tube, no problems at all, but when it came to the left tube they didn't see it come out. They tried putting water through after the dye to see if that would push it out but still saw nothing at all. Now they did stress to me that doesn't mean it is definately blocked, they struggled to see my left ovary as they said it was hiding behind my bowel so it could be that my bowel was getting in the way of seeing the dye. The nurse said it was a very good sign that I didn't experience any pain during the procedure as that could suggest a blockage but they can't put me forward for IUI untill they no for sure whats happening with the left tube.

So they have put my name down for a lap. I should get the date through within 2 weeks and she thinks I am looking at the end of Feb for the actual procedure. If I don't hear anything within 2 weeks I have to ring the fertility clinic and they will chase it up for me.

As long as the lap goes okay and my tubes are BOTH okay I have to wait one full cycle to heal and then will be able to start IUI! I didn't realise it would be that quick. One thing we have to sort out though is BF getting time off. If he is working away and there is no way of him getting back on the right days then I won't be able to start IUI. We only get 3 months free on the NHS and if one of those cycles has to be cancelled due to BF working away it is still knocked off my 3 goes!!!!

I think thats about it? My mind is a little jumbled at the moment and I am still trying to process this information. Although the nurse thinks there is a good chance my left tube is okay I actually think there is a pretty good chance it's blocked. I mean surely this combined with bad timing some months due to BF being away and BF's slightly lower than normal motility could explain why after nearly 2.5 years I havn't got pregnant?
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18369

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Ooooo ok, so really overall that was a very positive experience for you!! Didn't realise either that they would consider a IUI so quickly that's great! and now you have an understanding of why it is taking longer than you ever imagined to conceive....dam that tube!! Worse case if it is blocked, you CAN conceive with just 1 tube, my sister did!! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Wow! Mel!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us all. Like Georgi said, it does sound like a pretty positive experience and I'm so glad you were with a team of professionals that helped make you more at ease!

I hope that they can get you in quickly so that you can begin IUI. Did you mention to them the timing, etc? I just wonder if they might help speed up your lap date so that you can time your BD?!!!! Might be worth mentioning to them!!!

I'll be praying for you - continue to keep us posted! We all really want to know!!!!

LouLou

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20286
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Mel -- thanks so much for sharing. Overall, your appointment sounded positive. YAY!!!! I hope you get to try IUI soon!!! goodluck
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21094
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks ladies! Yes I do think it went pretty well. It was nice to finally have a possible reason for why it hasn't happened yet! I cant describe how frustrating it is to go for test after test and be told that everything is fine and there is no reason why I am not pregnant. At least if that tube is blocked that will help me understand why! The downside is that they will only do IUI if BOTH tubes are okay. I think it's because you only get 3 tries on the NHS so they want to make sure you don't waste one of those tries!

Thank you to all that have taken an interest though, it means alot to read your replies!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:42 am

wow,first of all well done and thanks for sharing.

Secondly,it only takes one egg from one tube to make a baby so you've got that much going for you even IF the other one is blocked! Smile/happy I am glad they didn't find anything so far.Perhaps there is nothing to find :S

When did hubby last have a SA? Just curious to know what the results were,but I am so glad they found nothing 'wrong' per se! You will get your BFP hunny,hang in there!xxxxxxxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21337

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:36 am

Thanks Angel, yes thats how I am looking at it too! I still have a good tube so thats good news!

BF's SA was done back in July I think. The motility was slightly low (43% and they prefer it to be over 50%) but the count and morph were both very good. Because of this my GP said they might it expect it to maybe take a little longer than normal for me to get pregnant but no where near this long! If his count and/or morph were low then the motility would be really bad but she said due to his count and morph both being really good it didn't matter much about the motility being slightly lower. Since then he has been taking Vitamin C, Vitamin E and zinc to try to improve things! I am suprised that they have never asked him to do another one as I thought this was pretty standard but nevermind!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Mel I am so happy that you got this done.... and IUI will happen soon as well. Hope you heal up soon.... I just know we are gonna see a BFP on your end very soon!!!
xxxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20895
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down