Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Can't get her to accept much juice or water EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Can't get her to accept much juice or water Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Can't get her to accept much juice or water

+2
skyllar
Lily*Blossom
6 posters

Go down

Can't get her to accept much juice or water Empty Can't get her to accept much juice or water

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Hello. So LM doesn't like to drink watered down juice or water from a sippy cup. She just hates the thing! When I put the sippy cup towards her mouth she straight away closes her lips and pushes it away. I have even tried just giving her juice or water straight from a cup with no lid and she still fights me. She won't drink water or juice from her bottle either. I still offer her the liquids besides her formula but she mostly spits it out!

Ideas?????
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Can't get her to accept much juice or water Empty Re: Can't get her to accept much juice or water

Post  skyllar Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Tiff, sorry I won't be of any help and don't have any ideas. But, Kian is doing the same thing. He does not want to drink water or juice/water or juice from a sippy or bottle (and I don't really want to give him a bottle with anything other than milk). He can drink from a sippy and usually takes sips, but then spits out or lets the water drip out. I would like him to be able to use a cup/sippy, but he thinks of it more as a toy right now: dropping it, throwing it, or drinking and letting the beverage drip out of his mouth. So I am hoping you will get some good ideas / suggestions from somebody else....
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Can't get her to accept much juice or water Empty Re: Can't get her to accept much juice or water

Post  24Penguins Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:20 pm

i dont really have a whole lot of advice for either of you i will just tell you my experience.

kaydance did the same thing. in fact, i was getting worried about weaning from the bottles when she turned one since at 11 months she was still refusing the sippy cup and not wanting much to drink other than formula. really i just kept at it even though she had no interest and right before/just about on her first birthday she discovered she could drink from a sippy cup!! she still wasnt very good at it though and preferred her bottles, so i was still worried. well one day she just picked the cup up, and drank. and drank. and drank! i was so shocked. three days later i took away her last bottle and offered her everything she drank, milk, juice, water, and occassionally tea, in a cup. she didnt complain. i do realize i may have just gotten off super easy, but just wanted to reassure both of you that kaydance refused her sippy cup and anything other than forumla for the LONGEST time and then one day just kinda accepted it. i guess just keep trying and maybe they just arent ready yet. some babies can drink from a cup at 5 months, and some like my kaydee just dont get it! LOL!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Hey i prob started offering Kyrah water in a sippy cup around 4-5months and she wasnt interested either, she then stared to take little sips but thats about it. I then started to put a table spoon of juice in her water to see if she would drink it and she did and now she loves water will drink 2-3 cups full even out of a normal drink bottle, pop top anything and i dont put juice in there at all anymore. However it is summer here and very hot!!!! so i guess that prob helps, sometimes she will choose water over her milk ( rare)
But i guess this doesnt help you Tiff as you said you have tried juice and LM wont drink that either

I really dont know hun, how many milk bottles is she having per day?? cause at leat she is getting fluid still and as 24 P said K didnt really like hers till recently either.
I use to just ket Kyrah play with her cup etc when younger so she could explore it first.
Will she try to drink your drinks???? can you giver hers sips of yours if its healthy choic?? i dunno sorry i am no help, but i am sure she wil start to like it soon. good luck and do share if you find any tips etc xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19572
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  lazergun Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:26 am

Have you tried heating it a little? Alex wouldnt take water or juice at the start unless it was warm, shes still the same some times. When you think about it they are getting their formula its warm but water and juice is usually cold and thats unusual to them. Alex can start her drink warm and then come back to it later and its cold but that dont bother her but if I think back she didnt used to be like that, I would have HAD to make a fresh drink up for her if it went cold.
lazergun
lazergun

Number of posts : 4
Loyalty Rating : 16719
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

I haven't tried heating the juice or water a little. It is always room temp but maybe she just likes things a bit warm. She still won't take a room temperature bottle, she wants it borderline hot.

So I shall try heating it a bit, thank you Lazergun.

It does help me to know that I'm not alone in struggling to get her to drink water or watered down juice. I was getting worried!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  lazergun Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Hope it helps chuck, Ill try thinking of other things that I had to do with Alex to get her drink.

I do remember that water was a big no no at the very start but to shift her wind I would have given her warm water with some sugar in it, like suggested by Gina Ford in her book (cant remember the name lol) so I tried it out to get her to drink as she absolutly loved it when she had wind then I gradually reduced the amount of sugar until she was only drinking water on its own.
lazergun
lazergun

Number of posts : 4
Loyalty Rating : 16719
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Audrey wouldn't take a sippy cup for the longest time, but she did enjoy her water in her bottle, so I can't say much for that. I think Audrey has been full time on a sippy cup only AFTER she turned 1 year old, because I started work on 2 weeks before she turned 1 and she was still using the bottle. She didn't much care for her sippy cups. So when I finally said enough was enough, I had a soft spout sippy cup and she took to that one well....then later on I bought different kinds and those have been working great!!

Anyways she's still young...but don't push her, but keep trying if you know what I mean! I only gave Audrey watered down juice, now I'm much more cool about her drinking normal juice, hehe, even though daddy loves to give her really watered down juice!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down