Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Sippy Cups EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Sippy Cups EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Sippy Cups EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Sippy Cups EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Sippy Cups EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Sippy Cups EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Sippy Cups EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Sippy Cups EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Sippy Cups EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Sippy Cups Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sippy Cups

+5
skyllar
Lou Lou
Lily*Blossom
mscherry42
MommaBear
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sippy Cups Empty Sippy Cups

Post  MommaBear Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Ok so does anyone have any good tips on how to get them interested in sippy cups. Isaac has no use for them other than as a toy to play with. Sometimes I can get him to drink from a regular cup if he sees one of us do it but other than that he will go without over having to actually use a cup. Ideas?
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18043
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Sippy Cups Empty Re: Sippy Cups

Post  mscherry42 Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 pm

With my both my girls, I did it "cold turkey". When they get hungry enough, they will take milk from anything. Jadah didn't mind the transition, but Jayden hated it. Just don't keep going back and forth if you don't think he'll do well that way. Good luck!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:18 am

I'm still struggling with LM. She still hasn't figured out how to even suck on the sippy cup and I have tried every single kind, even the transition ones with the soft top. I have to take out the plug thing and just let the water drip into her mouth, other wise she'll just sit there and chew on the end of it.

Just keep offering Isaac the sippy cup. He is still really little at this point. I'm sure one of these days he'll just start using it. I am hoping LM does the same! She won't even drink juice or anything from the sippy cup unless I make her. She still won't even hold her own bottle and feed herself, she has just never been interested in fluids.

Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:03 am

Well then, I think Isaac is taking notes from LM. He does the very same thing and I just bought one of the soft tipped spouts this morning. He just shook it up and made a milkshake. I think you are right and they will take it when they are ready.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 am

Owen will drink out of one if I hold it in the right position otherwise he just stares at it. I think he knows that he can drink from it but he doesn't understand HOW to drink from it. He will not hold a bottle either. I just keep offering it and I'm sure eventually he will get it.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Kian can drink fro his sippy if he wants to. I usually holds it fine and takes sips out of it, but lets the contents just dribble out of his mouth. I usually only put water in it and I guess he is not too keen on drinking plain water. So he always has his sippy cup near and he will take sips during the day, but I am reluctant to give him anything but water in it at this time.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon May 18, 2009 8:51 pm

I started given Owen a Nuk sippy cup about a month ago and it changed everything for us! He loves it and he will also drink out of his other cups now too!

What kind of sippy cups are you guys using now?

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Mon May 18, 2009 9:16 pm

THane has Nuk, and about 3 or 4 Nuby ones, he makes a mess with everything he has. Cry doesn't matter how spill proof they are nothing is THANE PROOF Tongue
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Mon May 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Our magic cup has been the Nuby. He hates plain water and since he is still nursing doesn't really need it but I do pump and put milk in his Nuby cup. I think he likes it because it is soft spouted and when he is teething he will chew on it a little. I tried a different cup since he was doing so well but he is only interested in the Nuby with the soft spout.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon May 18, 2009 10:58 pm

OH! I meant to say NUBY!!!!! lol!
We love them but they do leak! I think it reminds him a little bit of a bottle. He drinks about one full cup of day of mostly water with just a hint of apple or pear juice int it.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Mon May 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Our hasn't leaked yet...he does get a little over zealous though and gets more than he can drink.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon May 18, 2009 11:20 pm

does it suction funny? I always have to untwist the lid and then tighten it again!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 am

Oh, boy, Kian still doesn't like to take his sippy cup. He is still nursed and when he has water I will give it to him out of a regular cup. I would like him to have a sippy that he can use by himself. We haven't tried the Nuby ones yet? Which Nuby ones do you guys have and would recommend?
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 am

I don't know what kind it is..... cheap?! lol! It has a clear rubber spout.
I got it at walmart for less than $2 I think. It has been the best one so far. He will not use a cup that has handles!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue May 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks so much, Lou Lou. Well, I think I have to go to Walmart anyways today, and I will give the Nuby one a try. Especially with summer coming around, I would like Kian to be able to drink some more liquids. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue May 19, 2009 12:54 pm

It took a few months of introducing before Audrey was full time on a sippy cup. She was about 13/14 months when that time came and she switched over well. We have the cheap Nuby ones, 2 Avent ($16 for 2) and another kind.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue May 19, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm glad to hear it took a few months - makes me feel like I'm doing things the right way! I am sad to even think about taking his bottle away! : )

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Oh and by the way, i did find the soft nipple sippy easier for switching over at the start, then she started breaking the ends by chewing on them, so I had to find sippy cups with hard sipping part and by that time she was fully switched over Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue May 19, 2009 10:52 pm

I tried and tried to get LM to take a sippy cup. I tried all different kinds. On the way home from our California trip in early April, she just decided that she knew how to drink from a straw. So now she drinks from those re-usable cups with the snap on lids and hard plastic straws. She loves those things. I haven't taken her bottle yet though. I don't really see a need, because she has never been a kid that walks around with her bottle in her mouth. She won't even hold her own bottle to feed herself! So I don't feel bad letting her drink from her bottle when she is having milk. In her straw cup, I give her a water/juice combo or ice water, and she loves it.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 am

haha! You know what is funny Tiff? When I read about her still having her bottle, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with that at all Smile/happy What it is to me is what she is used to, just like Thane still nursing, that's what he is used to and even though he drinks from cups, straws, and sippys he STILL won't give up "Boo" lol

But, yeah, keep giving all your babies the bottle for as long as they want it, it doesn't hurt a thing and as long as they are getting their milk and the benefits from it who cares what they drink it out of Wink

I have noticed with Thane's sippys that just RECENTLY he's been able to drink out of the hard topped sippy cups...and he STILL manages to spill out of them Confused he is like his daddy and doesn't give up til he succeeds lol He used those Nuby soft ones FOREVER. I REALLY liked them as a first sippy for him Wink
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed May 20, 2009 11:11 am

Jayden will take it in whatever I give it to her in. She doesn't care. She cared when I switching her from nursing to bottle, then from bottle to sippy cup, but not for long. Her greediness outweighed her resistance to try new things. Ha Ha. lol But I was taught that the transitioning is always easier when they're young enough not to be "set in their ways" on their preferences. It worked for both girls, knock on wood. Don't want to boast just in case future baby #3 resists my efforts.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Wed May 20, 2009 12:00 pm

mscherry42 wrote: But I was taught that the transitioning is always easier when they're young enough not to be "set in their ways" on their preferences.

I have to agree with Cherry on this one. I took away Audrey's pacifier at 9 months (will take it away at 6 months if baby #2 gets one) and Audrey was off bottles at about 13/14 months and now I don't have to worry about any of those things now except for potty training...sigh...

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed May 20, 2009 12:08 pm

kaydee never really put up a fight. she was a bottle baby and i took them about a week and a half after her first birthday and she started using a sippy very well. we never had a problem. she uses the gerber insulated ones. they are pretty cheap, easy to fine and very durable (and so far spill proof hehe). she never had a paccy so i didnt have to take it away...

these days she drinks from her sippy (everything, milk, juice, water, tea) and is showing interest in our "big" cup and will take a sip or two out of it, but we arent quite there yet! LOL! they make a huge mess since shes still not sure how to do it, and if i dont hold it for her, she will tip it to far and dump it all over herself.

oh and she also loves straws! it took her longer to figure out straws then it did the sippy, but shes a pro now Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Wed May 20, 2009 12:45 pm

24Penguins wrote: she uses the gerber insulated ones. they are pretty cheap, easy to fine and very durable (and so far spill proof hehe).

That's the other kind Audrey has, she got it in her Christmas stocking at Grandma's and Grandpa's.

24Penguins wrote:oh and she also loves straws! it took her longer to figure out straws then it did the sippy, but shes a pro now

Audrey will drink from a straw when we are out at a restaurant or something. That reminds me, I should pick up some juice boxes...certainly saves me from washing a sippy cup if I don't have too..

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat May 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Well, I got Kian one of those Nuby sippy cups and today for the first time he really drank something out of it. I added a hint of apple juice to his water and once he tried it, he drank some out of the cup. Yay!! I am glad since it was so hot here today. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down