Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Seriously, Am i crazy???? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Seriously, Am i crazy???? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Seriously, Am i crazy????

+3
Georgi
Lou Lou
Mum of jj
7 posters

Go down

Seriously, Am i crazy???? Empty Seriously, Am i crazy????

Post  Mum of jj Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Ok, over the last 2 or 3 weeks i have become sooooooo clucky its not funny and i am really seriously considering a 3rd child. Its not something DH and i have talked about but if it happened we would just deal with it and cope. Im a very fertile person, i only need to look at Dh and im pregnant, so we are very very careful when being intimate.
anyway im not sure if its me seriously wanting another baby or if its just a phase. I know with Jesse i went through stages of being clucky like this when he was 3 months, 5 months, 9 months and around 18 months. i know i went through it when kiers was a wee bit younger but never this strong, he is 10 months today. MY sil had a baby in jan, 3 of my friends have had babies over the last week and i have another 4 friends due in the next 8 weeks.
Please tell me im crazy for wanting another when jess is only 3 1/2 and kiers not even 1. tell me all the pros and cons please!!!! the other thing is, i have said im finished having kids, but part of me feels like i dont feel like im finished, and this has been there right from the day kieran was born, i always thought maybe when kieran is at school id like another but in reality that cant really happen as i need to go back to work and cant afford to take another 5 years. so thoughts and opinions please!!!! thanks so much
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17604
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Seriously, Am i crazy???? Empty Re: Seriously, Am i crazy????

Post  Lou Lou Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Wow! Well, I DO know that deep desire to have a baby - as I'm sure everyone on this site does. I know that it just happens - you can't control it! - and if you feel in your heart that your family is not complete yet then I think you need to talk to that hubby of yours about it!!!!!

Does he know you are feeling this way?!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:24 am

Yea he does to a point but i change my mind about about another baby almost weekly! lol, im trying to figure out if im feeling this way coz its a phase or if i REALLY want one. i just dont know. I held my niece the other day and was like ohhh sheeee so cute, then she started screaming and it sort of took me back and i thought, screw that again. so i think it may be just a phase. I think ill always have alittle bit of cluckiness as kieran isnt so wee anymore and you foget how small they are, just not sure if i want another or not, im confusing myself here.
i want to try and make my mind up so i know where im going contreception wise, i want to get the merina if i dont have anymore. well i might have a talk with dh tonight..........see where he is at on the baby number 3 front!!!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:06 am

How did the chat go Teressa???

I do think that seeing other babies is having a HUGE influence on the way you feel about having another baby. I know that for me I only have to hear that someone we know is pregnant and I get this little twinge of jealousy which is ridiculous I know but I am only being honest, it's different for us though as I know 100% that we aren't done having children, however speaking for you if the feelings keep popping up EVEN when there are no new babies or pregnancies around you I would personally say that they are genuine feelings and you need to firstly search deep down inside and consider whether having another baby would make your family complete. It'll be interesting if I still get these feelings after baby no2 as I have always imagined having 3 children but DH is stuck on 2.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21366
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 pm

I went thru a few stages when Audrey was around those months too, except it started a little later since my healing process took 7 months down below. Then by the time Audrey turned 1, I was happy to have just her. Well an oopsy later, I'm having another and would like this one to be my last, but DF won't listen (he wants a big family) and we honestly can't afford it. Anyways I'm worried about going thru those stages again after this baby is born, because if this baby turns out a boy, I think DF will get himself fixed and knowing that we can't have anymore (even though I think 2 is enough) and having those moments of having another...??? If this baby is a girl, then well....DF will want to try again. Oh my goodness, it's scary to even think about it, because maybe we are too young to be done....oh I don't know. This is coming from a girl who never thought of having a family until about 3 years ago....

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:06 am

Also I just wanted to add I honestly think that coming on the internet/forums has a influence on how we feel too, the 3 weeks I have spent away from the forums has actually helped me access my own feelings towards TTC#2 without being influenced by seeing the pregnant girls on here. I am certain now that part of me wanting to TTC#2 earlier than we had planned was because so many AWH and PP members were/are falling pregnant and I had this I wanna be on the band waggon too feelings getting all mixed up with how I really felt.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 am

I have decided it is just a phase that im going through, i forced myself around to a friends house yesterday and spent a couple of hours with her and her 2 week old bub, it made me realise that i DEFINATLY do not want to do it all over again especially with 2 children already. MAybe 10 years down the track when the boys are not so dependent on me, lol but not anytime soon. I have decided to go back on the BCP until i get the merina put in at end of the year. its a bit sad in a way that i wont experience the kicking inside or have that newborn smell again but as they say you have to close one chapter to let another begin, so that chapter of babies is slowly closing now and the chapter of toddlers and fun things is starting. so i will just ooohhh and ahhh over our PP babies!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:44 am

Awwww bless you darling! You never know in a couple of years you and your husband might feel completely different and feel that having another baby would be perfect but until then like you've said enjoy NOW!! Kiss
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  robyn Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:09 am

Thought I would bump this if you don't mind! I can't believe I'm even on this site. I'm going to annoy you all with my confused feelings, I'm annoying myself! Mia is turning one tomorrow. She's my one and only. I'm considering having another but I think I'm crazy. I had the pregnancy from hell and this year has been so hard for me - although I love her dearly she is such hard work! To be honest, I would be happy with just her but I want to give her a brother/sister. When I talk to only children they tell me I'd be cruel not to and they hate being an only child. There is 11 months between my sister and myself and even though we're completely different she is a huge part of my life and I look back on our childhood together with fond memories. Help!?

robyn

Number of posts : 17
Loyalty Rating : 16423
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:53 am

robyn wrote:Thought I would bump this if you don't mind! I can't believe I'm even on this site. I'm going to annoy you all with my confused feelings, I'm annoying myself! Mia is turning one tomorrow. She's my one and only. I'm considering having another but I think I'm crazy. I had the pregnancy from hell and this year has been so hard for me - although I love her dearly she is such hard work! To be honest, I would be happy with just her but I want to give her a brother/sister. When I talk to only children they tell me I'd be cruel not to and they hate being an only child. There is 11 months between my sister and myself and even though we're completely different she is a huge part of my life and I look back on our childhood together with fond memories. Help!?

Robyn, welcome to the site by the way! I know how you feel as I had a horrendous pregnancy and sometimes I feel I want to avoid that and just spoil my little girl but for the same reasons as yourself I feel that she would lose out by not having a sibling. I am scared too that I can't love another child as much as my daughter but I have been told that it does happen. We have decided to have another but that will be our limit and then if we want a 3rd, we plan to adopt or foster, especially if I end up with another c-section and or hyperemesis. I think coming on sites like this, as Georgi said does make us more broody but then it is inbuilt into us to feel that way too!
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  robyn Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks Emma, glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.
I think it's going to be like the first time around, you just dive in and do it and hope for the best!
Good luck on your ttc journey, may see you over there soon?!

robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Robyn you def. are not the only one! I am going through the same thing! Owen just turned one on Wed. and I don't know what to do!
We want to give Owen the moon and only having one child would certainly make that a reality but part of me can't help but think that part of the whole moon is a brother or a sister!

Pregnancy was hard on me and I'm still experiencing some side effects of it and I don't know if my body can handle another pregnancy AND a toddler!

Glad to see us here and trust me.... there's no way you can drive any of crazy! We are already crazy!!!!! Can't wait to read more of your post and hear about Mia!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  robyn Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:20 pm

I hear ya Lou Lou!
May I ask what side effects you are still experiencing?
I had pain in my back that spread to my hips and then my legs. I still have sore legs when I lie in bed at night.
I have tried every dr., every therapy and nothing has helped, except time I think.
My chinese dr. thinks it's a circulation problem and I think he's right...but he's stuff makes me want to vomit every time I take it and it costs an absolute fortune...
All I remember from when I was pregnant was saying 'never again, never again' - I'm scared I'll get pregnant, be in constant pain and wonder why I didn't listen to myself the first time around?! I know it would be worth it in the end, but I'm dreading it. Mia is such a handful too, I don't know how I would cope with her and a baby either...HELP!

robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:22 pm

I had back and sciatic nerve problems. It was not weight related - it's all baby related. I have found that I dread going to bed at night because I'm in almost constant pain. I always have some mild discomfort. My doctor has told me if I do have another baby I will have the sciatic nerve problems again.
I also had mild TMJ before Owen and now I have SEVERE TMJ. I've been told that at some point I will probably have to have surgery to correct the problem.
I also had gallbladder disease and had to have it removed in November and I'm still experiencing some problems related to that.

I think that's it! Smile/happy

Owen is not a difficult child but I do worry about my health!
Plus, my DH really does not want to have another baby. I'm not ready to have another one right now so I've kind of back burnered the whole topic right now. HOWEVER - I'm not gettin any younger! So I will have to decide at some point!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  robyn Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:14 am

Sorry to hear you've had such problems.
I'm also in the middle of gallbladder investigations!
Excuse my ignorance, what is TMJ?
My DH does want another and I figure I might as well get it over with, as horrible as that sounds!
Not that I can be bothered even having sex these days, lol!
I'm thinking of going back down the road of chinese medicine, it's the only thing that's ever worked for me...

robyn

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:38 pm

hey sorry to crash the post i just want to say on both start comment and end comment

I think every woman gets that broody feeling its in our nature even the most un maternal woman in the world get that feeling lol But in my personal opinion (no offense to the woman who do) having alot of kids so close together is unfair and very tiring i watched woman go through it eather each kid don't get the right amount of attention and start lashing our or trying get attention any way possible and its not there fult they dont wanna be a bad kid but lets face it kids need alot of attention especially when they are young, I think you should just put it as a phase for now and if you feel the same way in a few years or when your kids less dependent then go for it.

And last comment is dont let people who where only children make you feel like you have to have another child i was not a only child and i have friends who where lets face it ppl who where and where not all have complaints lol in my eyes as long as the child dose not grow up with out being around other kids day care , play dates so on there would be not problem with the good old "only child syndrome" I always said i wanted 2 kids close together 3 at a push IF i didn't get one of each then reality kicked in when i was pregnant dont get me wrong im happy that my little girl is almost here but i intended to have kids much later in my 20's early 30's because i wanted to finish college start my nursing. And be comfortable and now im not even going consider another child till she is AT LEST 5-6 i want more kids but i would like to be living comfortably with one kid before i bring another one in the mix Smile/happy
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 281
Loyalty Rating : 18091
Registration date : 2009-02-01

http://www.youravon.com/leannewhitney

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:18 am

I completley agree with you there chik, i did come to the conclusion that in the end it was just a phase i went through, Trust me a 3rd child is very unlikley for me!!! i remeber going through it with jesse around the same age, and if i remeber correctly the next time i will go through that phase is at the 18month old stage so in a few weeks time....yipee. lol,

Havnt really had the chance to get to talk to you on these boards much as i havnt been on very often, but ill be back up in running in a wee while so hopefully get to know you a bit better!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down