Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling?

5 posters

Go down

Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? Empty Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling?

Post  Ginny Tue May 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi everyone.
I have been really down off and on for the past several months. I am almost paralyzed at times with worry. Worried about Thane so bad that I don't know what to do. The latest is the newest swine flu death. Thane turned 16 months yesterday, the same as the baby that died yesterday. There have been so many sad stories of babies between the ages of 6 and 18 months in my home town in the last several months, and every time I hear of another I am just weak and sick for the poor mothers who will never see their babies again.

I am getting very down about this and I find myself worrying to death over Thane over small things. IS this just part of being a mother or do i have something wrong with me. I am terrified of something happening to him ( of course that's not new, i've been terrified for him since i found out i was pg in 2007! )

So, do any of you feel like me or do you seriously think I need help Cry

Thanks for listening.
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20149
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? Empty Re: Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling?

Post  mscherry42 Tue May 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Ginny,
You're perfectly normal to feel worry. From what all I've read about it, you will see signs and symptoms, and if you see them, then take him to get checked. My friend took her daughter to the doctor cause she was scared her daughter had it(fever and flu symptoms), but her labwork came back negative. It doesn't matter if you check him 50 different times of sick episodes, at least you've eliminated swine flu possibility. If my girls start seem like they have the flu, off to the ER we will go, no hesitations. You're okay, girlie.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19464
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling? Empty Re: Normal part of Motherhood or do I need counseling?

Post  Ginny Tue May 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Thank you Ms Cherry! I never in a million years could have imagined how much i would love him. I guess you can't love someone that much without worrying!! Thank you XXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue May 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Ginny
I have found myself doing the same things. I have to really watch myself or I will let the fear of what might happen consume me! I never knew that type of fear even existed! I think you are probably very normal but I do believe if you find the fear affecting things that you do or don't do you may want to talk to someone about it.
I think it's so easy for seemingly normal things to get out of control sometimes!

As far as swine flu goes - I'm scared to death about it - or any other type of flu for that matter! It's scary to think about our children dying from something so common!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20307

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue May 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Ginny, I can completely relate to your fears. I was just talking to my husband about how we might react if something happened to LM, and he got so upset that he teared up, and then I teared up. She is so precious to us, and now that she is here, it is heart breaking to think of something happening to her.

I look at her, and my heart swells up so much with love for her, that it almost hurts. She is the most beautiful, wonderful thing to me, and I would do anything for her.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20916

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Tue May 19, 2009 10:50 pm

awe, you both just made me cry!!! I am glad (I think) to know that these feelings aren't completely crazy!! I never knew that having a baby would change my life like this! Thank you ladies. And yes, I very much know what you mean Tiff. XXXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed May 20, 2009 6:06 am

Awwwww Ginny I am so sorry honey I only just saw this!! I can totally relate to you and everyone else regarding the worry that something 'might' happen, I take no chances. Theo woke up and had red spots all over him just the other day and I freaked and arranged an emergency appointment with the Dr who reassured me that it was just a viral infection but I always fear the worst when it comes to him and that may come across as negative but Rich's nephew died of meningitis when he was just 6 months old so understandably the panic sinks in. I never imagined either just how much I would love him, it's an amazingly strong bond that sometimes overwhelms me!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21411
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down