Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

+16
Leeaman
mscherry42
Ginny
Lou Lou
Gutter
BethG
lindzee
Lily*Blossom
MommaBear
chrisb
Georgi
pringle
sparkles
skyllar
galaxy
Angel
20 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  skyllar Mon May 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks, Angel and Georgi!! We are really excited to have found this group of midwives and this birthing center. Smile/happy

I was supposed to have had my 34 week appointment today, but when I got there, my midwife was at a delivery and so it got rescheduled. No bid deal - since my appointments are so uneventful and fast anyways, lol.

So I am wondering if I will ever need maternity pants this pregnancy? I am 34 weeks and I am still wearing most of pre-pregnancy my pants and skirts (most of my clothes are low rise and fit comfortably under my belly). This is so nice cause it gives me a lot of choice of what to wear. Smile/happy

It is starting to get really hot here and it makes me feel more tired and lazy, lol. I can't wait until the pools and the splash pad at our playground open this weekend, lol.

Wow, not much longer now and I am SO NOT PREPARED for this baby, lol. First, DH and I don not have a name yet (we each have a long list of possibilities, but we haven't even looked at them etc. I read through a whole name book A-Z and have a list of 25 possibilities, DH is currently at 'D' *rolls eyes*. I have washed and sorted all the baby clothes and put them in the dresser. That's it .... What we still need to do: put bassinet together, buy diapers, pack hospital bag, install car seat, get baby items in from garage and clean them. And, I haven't bought a SINGLE thing for this baby - and nobody (family and friends) has bought anything for this little one either - that almost makes me sad, it seems like the first baby seemed so much more special for everybody, then the second. Cry

How is everybody else doing? Would love to have an update. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21067
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  White Lily Tue May 25, 2010 3:26 pm

I have to say I am very envious that you are still in pre-pregnancy clothes!!!! I am in maternity wear already, something I didn;t expect this early on but I had to give in as I was far too uncomfortable. It's odd, I don't even look that big, but my clothes do not fit no matter how hard I try to squeeze into them! So far I have put on 5lbs and I have no idea if that is good or bad? My boobs are huge though, they have got to account for a couple of those pounds! lol!

Nothing to report here though, I am finding things pretty uneventfull which I am gratefull for. Had a pre-natal appointment last week that went well, he is quite happy for me to carry on seeing the midwife instead of keep going to the hospital and we will see where we go from the 20 week scan with regards to extra monitoring. He did say he wants to see me ay 28 weeks and possible have a scan then too but reception didn;t book me in for that so I will ask about it when I go back at 20 weeks. My gender scan will be 6th July, I can't believe how fast it's going and in just over a month I will hopefully know if I am having a boy or a girl Smile/happy
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18342
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri May 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Mel -- No need to be envious, I was in maternity clothes with Kian, too and they were nice and comfy (once I found cute ones, lol). With this baby, I am just carrying high and have not put on any weight but on the belly, and that's why my clothes - usually low rise - still fit. You look fantastic in your belly shot! Smile/happy

AFM, I had my rescheduled 34 week appointment today at almost 35 weeks. The appointment was at 9:50 am and we were in the parking lot at 10:10 am. I LOVE this group of midwives!!! Smile/happy Everything looks great: BP was fantastic, weight was great (finally I managed to put on a pound a week), and my fundal height was 34cm - so right on target. Baby's heart rate was in the 160s (higher than it usually was, but nice and strong). Baby is still head down, YAY! Baby is soooo active - it is crazy - I can't believe there is any room for him to move, but he stretches and kicks - it hurts. Especially when he pushes with his hands / feet in my ribs his head down onto my bladder and beyond - ouchie! LOL.

I can't believe there are only 5 weeks left until my due date. shock Time seems to be flying!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:57 am

Sky- you are so close, Lucky. I'm starting to get very ucomfortable these days. I know what you mean about the movement, Mie is moving like crazy and hurting pretty bad too.

I went yesterday to my 31 week appointment. I have dropped already and the doctor told me that this baby is huge. So far my bp has been running super low 75-80/55. So at least its not high yet. I haven't had another soogram but the doctor said he is guessing that IF I I lasted full term this would be a 10 lb baby. Which would explain why my belly is so big already. There is no way I will last to that. I can feel my body already giving out. So lets hope I can keep her in for at least another month. I am still in shock I cold even produce a 10lb baby.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17823
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Chris -- that's great that your BP is low this time around. Really hoping for you that the baby is not too big! Smile/happy

I had my 36 week appointment on Monday. Everything looks fine: I gained 2 pounds, BP was fine and fundal height was measuring at exactly 36 weeks. Baby's heart rate was great (don't remember the numbers) and seems to be still head down. We did the group B strep test and that was it. My doc (first time I met him, I usually see the midwives, but wanted to meet everybody in the practice) said, "well, now it's just a waiting game". They don't check you internally for progress - so I have no idea where I am standing.

We went to the birthing center to hand in all the paperwork, etc. so we are all set to come in whenever it is time.

Still not quite ready: want to finish the syllabi for all my classes in the fall, finish editing my dissertation for publication as a book, organize my closet, pack the hospital bag and clean up around here. But we are getting closer on name possibilities and the bassinet and baby clothes are ready.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Sky- I'm impressed you are so ready, at least with the baby stuff. You are a month ahead of me so I guess I still have time, but I haven't even begun to get anything out yet. Will the doctors not check you at all until you go into labor or do they just wait longer?
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:35 pm

OK Chrisb- 10 lb baby is CRAZY!!!! I hope she isn't a 10 pounder for your body's sake, because it seems like things are really taking it's toll on you. Hope your bp stabilizes soon! Low blood pressure stinks. Totally been there.

Skyllar- Holy crap you are almost done! This is the home stretch honey! I can't wait for you to have your little guy, you are SO BRAVE to go natural!

White Lily- How are you feeling? Your belly is so cute!!

WELL I haven't posted here in forever. But here's the skinny. Two weeks ago I had a check up, and the baby was measuring close to 28 weeks with the tape measure, even though I was only in my 24th week. The doctor said either I have a lot of fluid, or the baby is in a weird position, or he's just huge, or it could be gestational diabetes Cry I'm eating really healthy, so I hope that's not it. I do have the occasional snack, but I mostly have fruit when I want something sweet.

So he scheduled me for an ultrasound on June 22. They want to see if they can find out why the baby is measuring bigger. I hope it's nothing to worry about. A lot of ladies at my church said they measured like a month bigger with all their pregnancies and all was well, but the did have big babies! UGH. So in 8 days I will get to see our little guy on an ultrasound again Smile/happy I always get nervous. I am going to make them check to make sure it's still a boy! LOL. Oh and I will also get my rhoghan (sp?) shot for my negative blood type, and I will have my glucose test, and my blood drawn to check my iron levels. I'm pretty sure they are low.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20868
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks, Chris. I really don't feel that ready....for baby yeah, but for my work after baby is here not so much, lol.
I am not sure about the midwives not checking at all, but I think, they don't usually check you at all, until maybe you are overdue.

Tiff -- It is so great to hear from you!!!! Yay for another u/s soon - it's always nice to see the baby.... I really hope that it is just the position of the baby, etc. influencing the measurements and nothing else. Definitely keep us posted. I also was anemic and took extra iron for most of this pregnancy.

Wow, as of yesterday I am full-term and baby can technically come any time. It's getting exciting!!! I have been feeling very crampy this evening, maybe something is moving forward?? I have a midwives appointment tomorrow, but don't expect anything special at that appointment besides weight, BP and urine.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Tiff- I saw your post on FB, did the sonogram lady tell you how much the baby was weighing? I know you said you were measuring a few weeks ahead. How much was LM when she was born?

I had a sonogram last friday because of contractions, I'm measuring a few weeks ahead too, and the baby is 5 lbs at 32 weeks. With an estimate of 9.5 lbs at 40 weeks. So the doctors guess by feeling the baby was really close. Everything looked good with all my fluids and cervix, so these ainful contractions just suck.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi everyone!!!

Chris my doctor does all the ultrasounds, he said the baby is weighing 2 lbs 10 ounces at 27 weeks 2 days along. His head is also big, Lord help me. He said not to worry, that we will take it appointment by appointment, and he will monitor my fluid levels closely. He is also breech, and I made my doctor double check the gender again. Yep definite testicles!! Smile/happy

I had my glucose test today, ew so nasty but I survived Smile/happy

Chris I can't believe they are estimating a 9.5 lb baby for you, that is flipping crazy, you must be so worn out.

Skyllar, White Lily, Ash how are you all doing?
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Wow, Chris, I can;t believe they are estimating such a big baby!! Crazy!!! Glad that everything looked great at your appointment.

Tiff -- Glad your appointment went well as well. Sounds like everything is going smoothly. Glad you survived the glucose test - I always HATED that stuff, yuck! Glad that baby boy is still a baby boy. Smile/happy

I had my 38 week 2 day appointment on Tuesday. Uneventful as always: weight, BP, urine - everything fine. Baby's heart rate was 145 and fundal height was measuring right at 38 weeks. That was it. Now we just wait - my midwife did say that baby's head is really low (felt from outside, they don't do internal exams). I sure am ready for him to come as I really want to give birth at the birthing center and they don't do inductions etc. Also, university starts August 24, so if he decides to come late, my time before working full-time again gets shorter and shorter....

DH and I DTD today and I had some spicy food to help things along (he feels really low...). I always walk a lot and still do my maternity workout twice a week - so we will see..........and full moon tomorrow....... Confused
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:34 am

Sky- so exciting it could be any day now, its so nice that you have such a great birthing center to go to. I think its a good sign that the baby is so low. Do you feel alot of pressure now?

Tiff- The glucose stuff tasted so much worse this time to me. Do they do anything for high fluid levels?

I had my regular appointment yesterday. Kinda scary, I had the other doctor this time. She remeasured and looked at my sono from last friday. Told me once again that this baby was "huge, huge" and I needed to understand that. They said that they are going to reschedule my csection for earlier next time I go in. Somewhere between 35- 37 weeks I guess. She told me they would be happy if I made it another 2 weeks, but I may not. Which is scary since I'm only 33 weeks right now. I feel pretty good though so I think I will be fine for a bit longer. She said that they arent doing anymore sonograms at this point because I won't make it til the one scheduled at 37 weeks anyway and it doesnt matter since I'm having a csection. She also said that with the babys size I now had a big zero % chance of having this baby naturally. Plus there has been some popping sounds coming from my belly when the baby moves a certain way and a joint may be popping in and out so she said the csection will be better for that because it is much more gentle. So I guess its time for me to finally get the baby clothes out this weekend and pack hospital stuff at some point.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Chrisb- Thinking of you. Are you still hanging in there? I hope all is well.

I can't wait to hear Skyllars birth story! Hope you are enjoying your little one.

Mel, how are you? Are you so excited about your son?

To answer Chris's question about if they do anything about high fluid levels, the answer is not much. All they can do is just keep on with the ultrasounds to measure everything and make sure all is well. He will also have to check me for dilation earlier because I have a huge risk of my water breaking since there is so much fluid. I've been doing pretty good with the Braxton Hicks, the baby moved slightly, and took some pressure off my bladder a little and also my pelvic bones. He is still breech though, because I can feel his kicks down below. Sometimes it feels like he's going to kick right through my cervix, other times it feels like he's kicking me in the bum hole. I know too much info, but it's the truth! Smile/happy

Feeling a need to get organized now (nesting). Having my baby shower the last saturday in July. Very excited about it Wink Hopefully I at least get the stuff I need for a newborn baby boy. I've asked that people only give jammies or onesies (vests) from 0-3 months, because they just simply to not wear all the little outfits. All they do is sleep, eat, poop, cry, and spit up on themselves.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm

ChrisB,
I'm the same way, so small and yet have huge babies. Audrey was 9 lbs 9.5 oz at 40+3 and Jasper was 8 lbs 14 oz at 2 weeks early, so imagine after 40 weeks? Hope all works out in the end hun!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20077
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:32 am

Wow it seems like it has been a really long time since I updated in this thread!

Chris I hope you are still hanging in there, can't believe how big your baby is!!! Crazy!!!! Have they booked your C-section yet?

Tiff your pregnancy seems to be flying by! It just seems to be going so quickly! Do they not even know what can cause the high fluid levels?

As for me! Yes I am having a son Smile/happy Seems so odd knowing the sex! lol! Baby was naughty at the scan, wouldn't co-operate at all. To start off with he was moving around all the time, just wouldn't stay still (the pictures I have from the scan are rubbish Cry ) Then he decided to go into hiding, went as far down as he could in the most awkward looking position which made it impossible for the tech to finish. I have to go back 20th July so she can do the heart, face and neck. Bad baby!!!! We tried everything too to get him to move, she had me move onto my side, then she made me go for a walk but my son is obviously very stubborn! (Abit like his dad come to think of it!) They did tell me his is still measuring big but not alarmingly so (still worries me though with my small uterus).

I have been feeling the odd movement but not alot, last Sunday was crazy, he must have been hyper or something because I could feel him on and off all day long! Since then it's been back to once or twice a day though. I do have an anterior placenta so she explained I wont be feeling too much yet but give it a few weeks and I should be feeling alot more Smile/happy
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Mel- Kyrah was a naughty baby at our 20 week scan too lol, she kept moving anrd WOULD NOT show us he sex even, i was there for an hour anrd a half doing squats, drinking cordial lol, went back in two weeks an she had he legs wide open and was perfect hehe.
Hudson was a squirmer at first but then took photos willingly and kept showing us his boy bits on his own accord lol
have you bought much for him yet??
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19569

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 am

I have started buying bits and pieces, very exciting!!!! He wasn't shy on showing us his boy parts, I could see them even before it was pointed out! lol! It was just EVERYTHING else!!!! He would not stay still at all!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:54 pm

I am still here, ladies. Just have been quite busy at the moment, lol. But right now, DH and Kian are swimming and Sean is sleeping so I have a moment to check in.

Mel
-- I haven't had time to congratulate you on your baby boy. How exciting!!! And yay for feeling movements!!

Tiff -- How exciting! Your baby shower is soon!! And yay for starting to nest. Always a good sign. Smile/happy

Chris -- wow, not much longer now. How exciting!!!

I am doing great. Sean will be 2 weeks on Sunday. Time is flying by. I don't get much sleep - Sean keeps me up all night. He nurses like a champ and is at 9 pounds currently (he was born at 7 lbs 15 oz and left the birthing center at 7 lbs 4 oz) so he is gaining nicely. He was back at his birth weight after 5 days. Physically I am feeling fine, I am 4 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight already, but I am nursing two kids at the moment.

I am looking forward to keep following your pregnancies. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 am

mel, so what are you doing for a nursery? I seem to remember you had some awful clown/circus wallpaper border in your office/computer room -- is that going to be the baby's room? Or do you have a 3rd bedroom? haven't heard you mention it and I'm kinda curious!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22674
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Wow you have a good memory Beth! LMAO!!!! Yes that room will be the baby's room, BF has decorated it (thank god! lol) in a neutral colour and we havn't yet decided what else we are doing in there. I figure that seen as the baby will be in with us for a while we have time to come up with something. But no my baby boy will not be sleeping in that horrible pink room with clown wallpaper lol
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:29 pm

I need to see a pic of this pink clown wallpaper! lol
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21310
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

mel, hope you don't mind, but I found the pic from the Picture Perfect game thread. It's more hideous than I remember! shock LMAO! You can post the "After" pic now!

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 17 Dsc00410
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22674
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:14 pm

LMAO!!!! OMG! It's even more hideous than I remembered it too! lol! And to think I lived with that for 8 years!!!! Haha!!!! In our defence every other room in the house was decorated long ago but for some reason that was just left! lol! Urghh! Gross!!!!!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 pm

LMAO!it's beautiful! Tongue So that's going to be baby's room? We need some after pics?
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21310
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:29 am

Hey girls sorry I have been MIA but I wanted to check in on everyone and see who is over here and how you all are doing.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17986
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next