Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?"

+2
sparkles
White Lily
6 posters

Go down

Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" Empty Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?"

Post  White Lily Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:44 am

Well as some of you know, last year I was diagnosed as having a unicornuate uterus and was told that when I got pregnant I would be considered high risk. The main reasons are because my uterus didn't develop as normal on the left side it means it is smaller than it should be, puts me at higher risk of incompetant cervix, smaller baby and other things too. It's unlikely I will make it to my due date and there is also a very high chance I will need a c-section because as the baby runs out of room it is likey to be breach. My main worry is obviously premature labour.

Even though I knew all this last year, and it was a slap in the face at the time, I managed to put it too the back of my mind and decided not to worry about that untill I got pregnant. Now I find myself pregnant and getting increasingly worried! lol!

I guess I just wondered if anyone else here had the "high risk" label slapped on them during a pregnancy? If so, did you get extra monitoring to make sure everything was going well? I am especially curious to hear from ladies in the UK as I know things are done different here to other pasrts of the world but any input would be appreciated.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18339
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" Empty Re: Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?"

Post  sparkles Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:50 am

hey hun , i was high risk at the beginning of this pregnancy and put on bed rest ( or lighter duties) due to all my miscarriage and the loss of a twin and the big bleed i had inside. However once i reached the 14 week smark and i had another scan, everything looked normal for me, so i was no longer high risk. At the beginning i had to have scans every 2 weeks or so.
Im sure everything will be fine, best they know its high rsk so you wil prob have more frequent visits and witht he docotr more than the mid wives ( thats what happens here anyway xo)
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19566

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?" Empty Re: Anyone else had a "high risk pregnancy?"

Post  Georgi Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 pm

I had factors that were seen as 'high risk' (pre-existing heart condition, breech baby and C-Section scar) but neither of my pregnancies were actually classed as high risk so I had just the same amount of appointments as anyone else although saying that I did have consultant appointments additionally to my midwife appointments in both pregnancies BUT I didn't have extra scans which I would predict IS something you will have due to the shape of your uterus and the risk of incompetent cervix.

You will receive extra monitoring for sure so I hope this puts your mind at rest but if at anytime you feel you need some 'extra' reassurance just ask your midwife that's what she is there for. You will get a dating scan at 12 weeks, the anomaly scan at 20 weeks and my guess is maybe as many as 3 additional scans but as long as your midwife and you are happy with how thing's progress they might not send you for growth scans!? you'll get a scan to check the length of your cervix though further along in the pregnancy. Just focus on the now and as week passes the fact that your baby is that much more stronger, you will be in the 2nd trimester before you know it!!!! x x x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21360
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Thats what I am trying to do, focus on the "now" and take each day as it comes. Every day I visulaise my baby getting stronger and developing. Just every now and then abit of panic sets in shock I also know it's a very good thing that we already know about my condition. Unfortunately it's normally when a woman miscarries or goes into premature labour that this is picked up, at least with my trouble conceiving it meant it was picked up before I got pregnant.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 pm

mel, have you found a forum or found other posts from women with the same unicornate uterus? I don't want you to worry more, of course, but maybe talking with other women who have the same condition would be beneficial for you.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22671
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:03 pm

No I can't find one. On FF Forums I found a buddy group for uterus anomolies but they were mostly septum (like MW had) or bicornuate. I did join a yahoo group thing which was specifically for unicornuate uterus but I just couldn't get on with it. I may try that again actually now that I am pregnant, maybe I will feel different about it. Thats if I can remember my log in details. I found that very different to a forum though, it's no-where near as personal.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi sweetie. I am not a high risk pregnancy for the same reason as you, but I am considered high risk because of my history of miscarriage, and also I found out I have a problem with my placenta where I keep having blood vessels burst and I spot at least once a week. I am not supposed to do too much, I take it easy as much as I can. I find the bleeding shows up after I strain from a BM, or after I throw up really hard. I think it just burst the blood vessels and causes another subchorionic bleed all over again. I am at higher risk for blood clots because of this, and a higher risk of still born/miscarriage throughout my pregnancy. I have to deliver at the top hospital in my city just so they can be prepared for anything that could happen.

It's tough, but just know that you will get more specialized care, and they will watch you closely. I'm sure all will be okay, and we are here to support you sweet heart.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20865
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 pm

I was considered high risk with my first and high risk more so with this pregnancy but for reasons different with yours. Now that they are more aware of exactly the complications this time around the monitorig has been much different. So far I have had a scan once a month to check my uterus, cervix and placenta. They told me in my third trimester I will be coming in once or twice a week. With a sono every week too. They are scheuling me for a csection 3 weeks early but they said that there is a good chance I will not make it to that.
So with my situation too there are many things that could or will go wrong, and many unknowns even the second time around. The doctors will take the right precautions and hopefully you are able to have a doctor that is practiced with your partcular condition because that will make a huge difference. My best advice for you is to try not to picture all the different outcomes and possible things that can go wrong(i know really hard). Everytime I start to think about the things that could go wrong I distract mysel with something rediculous like imagining my dream house or something I can work my mind doing, I know it sounds weird but it's how I can completely distract my mind from wondering back to the worrying. Because in the end its really hard on you worring for 9 months.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17820
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20865
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:02 am

Thank you for all of your input! I had an appointment this morning, just with my GP and I mentioned it to him. He said the risk of miscarriage during the 1st and 2nd trimesters are only slightly higher than in a normal pregnancy, this eased my mind ALOT! The main risk will be during the 3rd tri and thats where I will have to be very carefull and will have alot of monitoring. He also explained again that it's likely baby will be breach due to the shape of my uterus so I will probably have to have a c-section. All in all it did help to put my mind at rest and I feel I will be looked after.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am

I just read though that link Lily Blossom, thanks for posting that!!! There are some very positive stories on there (and one that alarmed me that said she looked wonky when pregnant shock ) lol!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down