Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Morning sickness.... EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Morning sickness.... EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Morning sickness.... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Morning sickness.... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Morning sickness.... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Morning sickness.... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Morning sickness.... EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Morning sickness.... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Morning sickness.... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Morning sickness.... Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Morning sickness....

3 posters

Go down

Morning sickness.... Empty Morning sickness....

Post  White Lily Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 am

So it seems I am experiencing the joys of morning sickness sick For the first few days I was in denial but this is the 5th day now so I'm pretty sure it is! lol!

It started on Sunday, just feeling a little queasy every now and then, a little weak, especially when hungry. It has happened every day since then! I am now seeing a pattern, usually it starts about 9am and if I eat it goes away (unfortunately I have never been a breakfast person) but then about an hour later it's back again and so the cycle continues, meaning I am having to eat every hour!!!!! I also think it has maybe got a little worse day by day, today definately seems worse than yesturday and ALOT worse than Sunday when it first started.

Now on the one hand I am HAPPY! I WANTED a sign that I was pregnant and this is kind of how I imagined it would be! lol! At the moment it is quite bearable (apart from I am going to end up the size of a house if I have to eat continually for the next few weeks) but I was just wondering what your experiences are / were with morning sickness?

So far I have not had any food aversions but my sense of smell is getting stronger and I really don't like the smell of greasy foods. Is it likely, seen as this is only 5 days into morning sickness, that this will get worse? Did yours gradually get worse, hit a peak time and then gradually get better? For those that had food aversions, did they start as soon as morning sickness started or did they happen after some time? Just wondering what I have in store....
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18339
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Morning sickness.... Empty Re: Morning sickness....

Post  Georgi Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:49 pm

YAY!!! It's funny but as much as MS sucks it is very reassuring!!! I had 2 different experiences with both pregnancies MS kicked in around 5/6 wks but with Theo it was mild compared to the MS I experienced with Klara. With my first pregnancy I was NEVER actually sick and I found eating ginger biscuits and drinking sparkling water really helped, it would tail off by about 11am every morning, there were times I ran to the toilet thinking I'd be sick and I had awful episodes of dry heaving which happened here and there until around 14 weeks...the slightest 'bad' smell would cause me to heave! Ashamed

With Klara I had awful sickness that lasted pretty much allday everyday until 23 weeks, I threw up many times Cry and only found that eating sweets eased the sickness, ice lollies were good but the effects were short lived. I bought sickness bands in this pregnancy and although they didn't take the nausea away completely they most definately helped!

The trick is eat little but often don't allow yourself to become hungry. You may find that the further along you get you start getting food aversions....I couldn't stand MEAT in both pregnancies, the worst meat was pork that would actually cause me to throw my guts up!!!

I am HAPPY you've got MS but I hope you don't suffer with it too bad, the likelyhood is it will ease off by 14 weeks so you don't have to suffer long and you'll be surprised at just how much you will/can eat but you won't put weight on, in these early weeks your body is working 24/7 to build your baby that takes a lot of cals!!!!! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21360
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks for the advice Georgi. I can't win really, on the days when the nausea is bad I feel misreable and exhausted, on the days when it isn't bad I worry that something is wrong! lol! I feel sorry for BF, he does all of our cooking and I just can't seem to eat proper meals anymore Cry It makes me feel terrible when he goes to the trouble of cooking a lovely meal for me (especially when it's normally one of my favourites) and I just can't eat it! I am definately off meat now too. I feel like I am constantly eating through the day which normally works to keep the nausea bearable, but on the bad days it never lasts long. I know it's all worth it in the end, and I feel awfull moaning about it, but I guess I never realised how exhausting it is to feel sick all day!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am

It's ok, your allowed to moan. It's hard for our partners to understand and I did exactly the same with Rich, he'd cook or order a take away and I just couldn't stomach it, a couple of mouthfulls and I was done, it's just one of those things that can't be helped. It doesn't last forever though (phew!) your 7 weeks already half way to feeling much, much better!! Have you thought about trying the sickness bands??? I know you wouldn't want to wear them to work otherwise people 'may' guess what's up BUT you could wear them at home!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21360
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:52 am

Yeah I think I may get some of the seabands for the bad days, it's strange because some days I hardly I have any at all (and then I worry like mad) and other days I feel so crappy Cry I could easily get away with wearing them for work at the moment, there is only one other person in the office and she knows due to the time off I had to have for IVF. I wear long sleeves at the moment anyway so don't think anyone would be able to see them.

Yesturday I felt fine all day and worried myself silly!!!! I ate a whole packet of winegums last night and that made me feel sick as a dog! lol! Thats what I get for wanting nausea!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:14 pm

First off CONGRATS !!!!

Poor you on the MS but i agree with Georgi its very reassuring .. I can't really ofer advice as i never suffered with it in either pregnancy but eating little and often is key xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17653
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down