Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
When did your baby drop the morning nap? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

When did your baby drop the morning nap? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

When did your baby drop the morning nap?

5 posters

Go down

When did your baby drop the morning nap? Empty When did your baby drop the morning nap?

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 am

Lately LM has been fighting at least one of her naps SO BAD. She also has been fighting going to sleep for the night. On saturday, I decided to keep her up until after she has lunch... 12:30 p.m. The first day that I kept her up, she could barely stay awake until 12:30. She only slept one hour and 10 minutes, the little stink!!! I thought maybe she would sleep longer if I took away her morning nap. Then I moved her bedtime earlier... she went to bed at 6:30 p.m instead of 7:30 p.m. She slept ALL NIGHT. No wakings until 5 a.m when she had a bottle, and went back to sleep until her usual wake up time of 7:15 a.m.

On sunday... she went down for the morning nap. She took it just fine. BUT... she slept worse at night when she had the morning and afternoon nap... even though if you total the two naps together... she sleeps about 2.5 hours.

Yesterday I did the same thing as saturday, I kept her up until 12:30 p.m... no morning nap. She took a 2 hour nap, which she NEVER does. She slept from 12:30 to 2:30... I was over joyed. She was asleep for the night at 6:30 p.m, I didn't hear a peep from her until 4:45 a.m!!!!! She took a bottle, then went right back down until 7 a.m.

The book I like to refer to... Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, says that this is a really difficult age. Between 13 and 16 months... babies try to drop the morning nap, but you go through a stage where two naps are impossible... but 1 nap is not enough. It recommends that you deal with this by declaring some days 2 nap days, and other days 1 nap days, and move the bed time earlier on the days that only one consolidated mid day nap occurs.

I just don't know what to do. Should I just force this new schedule on her... just the one nap? Or should I offer her the morning nap and let her just have a quiet time in her room if she doesn't fall asleep? She still acts tired like she needs to sleep in the morning... but some days she does and some days she doesn't.

Anyhoo... I was just wondering what all you mommies think, and was wondering how and when you made the transition from 2 naps to 1.

xxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20904
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

When did your baby drop the morning nap? Empty Re: When did your baby drop the morning nap?

Post  Gutter Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:08 pm

It's so hard to say Tiff, I only get Audrey 2 full days a week and I think she's been on 1 nap since she turned about a year old. Her 1 nap ranges from 10am to 12pm and they are normally 1-2 hours long.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20113
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

When did your baby drop the morning nap? Empty Re: When did your baby drop the morning nap?

Post  mscherry42 Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Jayden still takes an average of 2 naps a day. I say that because every so often she skip one or the other of the naps. The last few nights though have been hell. I can't find anything wrong with her, but she's been crazily cranky all day and worse at bedtime. Last night I broke down and gave her some tylenol cause none of us could take it anymore. I rubbed her chest, back, and feet with baby vicks and put her in the bed and let her cry herself to sleep. I've always sort of let the girls make their own sleep patterns once they got past the infant stage, except 9pm is the latest they stay up, unless some genius in the house let Jayden sleep past 6:30pm.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19452
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 pm

I think we are at the beginning of a nap change too!
I still think Owen needs 2 two hour naps a day because he gets so cranky but the last three mornings he has woken up anywhere from an hour to 2 hours earlier than normal.
I'm not sure where to go with it either!!!!!!
I can't decide if he's waking because he's hungry (maybe a growth spurt?) or if it's because he doesn't need as much sleep!

Keep us informed on what you do because one way or another we are all heading the same direction!
Sorry I'm no help to you!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20295

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Kian is more and more dropping one nap - but it is sometimes his morning sometimes his afternoon one. We stopped fighting him and he sometimes has to naps and sometimes just one. We play it by ear.

When he drops one of his naps, I'll just make sure he goes to bed a little earlier than usual. Otherwise I haven't really changed his routine.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21103
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanx everyone for your responses.

Yesterday I only gave LM one nap, it started at 12:30, and lasted until 2 pm. However... it was a miss on the night time sleep. She woke up at 1 a.m. but then slept until 7 a.m.

Today she had her usual two naps. She is sleeping just fine now, although I don't know what to expect in the middle of the night. I love the nights where I wake up and it is nearly 5 a.m. and I haven't heard a peep from her until then.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20904

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down