Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Pre teen too early! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Pre teen too early! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Pre teen too early! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Pre teen too early! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Pre teen too early! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Pre teen too early! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Pre teen too early! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Pre teen too early! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Pre teen too early! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Pre teen too early! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pre teen too early!

5 posters

Go down

Pre teen too early! Empty Pre teen too early!

Post  crazymomwife Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:01 pm

I think I have talked about this before, but my oldest who will be eleven in May, is driving me crazy. He seriously thinks he knows everything. But that has been the way he always is. Nothing new there, really just his personality. But add puperty to that, and I am not sure one of us is going survive!! I really want him to be respectful. That is all. To me, to his brothers, to his sister. He is a wonderful kid in school, never in trouble, all his friends mom's tell me over and over again, how polite and sweet he is to have around! So then I go, it must just be me!!!! I want to pull my hair out.
No really, I just want to handle this right. I want to start our next phase of his life together on the right feet, with out allowing him to be rude and disrespectful. I know this is an important time! Any suggestions!??!!
Crystal
crazymomwife
crazymomwife

Number of posts : 25
Loyalty Rating : 17012
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.kcnykreim.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Pre teen too early! Empty Re: Pre teen too early!

Post  Lou Lou Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:05 pm

I wish I had something insightful to say! My baby is just 6 months old and I am already wondering how the heck we are supposed to a raise polite, young man!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20298
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Hey Crystal,have you tried just leveling with him?Maybe sit hi down and tal to him as an adult (that he is becomin) and tell him you want to treat him with repect and give him repsonsbilty BUT at the same time,he needsto show you that he can be respectful and polite,perhaps you could set upa rewardscheme (like suernay) I dont think he will be told old for this yet,obviously make it something cool,like he could show you how he is respectful,gets good grades,makes an effort to help around the house on top of taking care of HIS own stuff and then perhaps at the end of the month he will get (whatever pleases him right now) such as a trip to his fave place,a video game/a book/ I dont know whatever he LOVES.similarly,if he does something REALLY unpleasent( and make it lear that this is the case) tell him he will loos a privilage for XXX dys/hours (video game/TV time, hanging with his friends,a toy...whichever.

One thing I have foudn to be VERY true,praise verbal and physical rewards for what you DO want him to do/say and the taking away of one phisycal thin (not so much verbal punishment coz he is old enough to work out what he did wrong) for the things you DOnt want. My idea could very well be stupid but I deffaintely did more when I was givenmore credit and praised and given goals to reach if my behaviour ws good,might need to be small weekly reward if a month is too long to wait.Anyway,just an idea.I know frm watching my friends with teens that it's hard!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21349
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm

I am sorry you are having a hard time Crystal. I know you are a great mommy. I was a horrible teenager, and I remember those days well. I was acting out terribly because of a dysfunctional home, but it sounds to me like your son is just being a normal tween Smile/happy

I second what Angel said, just sit him down and talk to him like an adult, ya know? Just let him know what you need from him, find out what he might need from you, even if his needs are irrational or whatever. It just sounds like he's testing the waters. I think as long as you and your hubby stay united and decide how you are going to handle things and be consistent and also give rewards for great behavior, then things should get better. Try to praise him often, and don't compare him to his siblings good behavior, because it only makes them more upset and feel competitive towards siblings. This was always my parent's mistake, and it made my sister and I have issues with each other. Not saying that you are doing that, but just in case. Instead.... challenge him, make him in competition with himself.

Keep us informed, we are here for you!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20907
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Hey, does he know my 11 year old? Cause she knows everything too, and is infinitely smarter than her parents (or so she thinks). Yep, she is a fountain of respect and politeness to everyone but us. I get tired of the same old lecture on disrespect over and over - she turns right around and does it again. Sorry, no relief in sight here.......
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18422
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down