Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

+23
pringle
White Lily
Mixxer
lindzee
mscherry42
galaxy
BethG
sapphire
LeanneWhitney
Angel
Mum of jj
Lou Lou
Ginny
24Penguins
Helen
Toffee
Lily*Blossom
skyllar
Myste
Gutter
ANMSMITH
sparkles
Georgi
27 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 Empty Re: PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

Post  chrisb Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Well here I am. I am going to copy and paste what i wrote in the other thread without thinking. so if part of this looks familiar that is why.

Well i found out i was pregnant which was a big surprise. I went for a sono yesterday and instead of 7 weeks 1 day I was only measuring 6 weeks 1 day. I don't know now how its meaured by your last period, like if they expect you to ovulate on certain days so they assume thats when you got pregnant. Well we were trying not to get pregnant and were extra careful because I was on medicines last month because I was sick. So we didn't have sex the week I was suppose to ovulate. Plus when we did have sex we were super careful and used withdraw, sorry TMI . Then we went out of town and Emy was in the room with us so no sex then. So there was literally 3 days I could have gotten pregnant on even then it was slim chances. So I don't know whether to worry about the measuring behind or if I just didn't get pregnant within the expected time frame. Maybe I should have put this on the other thread..... copy and paste.

So this pregnancy is already so different. I've been super tired, sick feeling, and that crazy hungry feeling since 5 weeks. Last time the nauseous started at 8 weeks and the hungry and cravings in my second trimester. Yes I'm already craving things, so crazy.

I am concerned about this pregnancy for so many reasons and have yet to even really accept it for fear of something going wrong. I guess i feel like since it wasn't planned and I didn't prepare my body plus I got pregnant right after recovering from the swine flu, 2 rounds of antibiotics, even had my annual pap smear when i was probably a day pregnant or so. Plus the measuring off, even though they said everything looked great, I still am still kind of shocked since we were tring not too. But here I am, and i know I'm glad but i just don't want to get excited quite yet.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17823
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 30 Empty Re: PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

Post  Gutter Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Congrats Chris!!

It's ok to have a pap during pregnancy Smile/happy I also hope everything is alright with your baby too. I had the flu 2 times when I was pregnant with Jasper and he's fine. Just look forward and not what could be wrong. Some people do worst things before finding out the are pregnant and they have healthy babies too.

Now you make me nervous.....we had sex once withdrawal method.....DF goes for his vas in January and it can't come fast enough!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20077
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Congrats Chris, fantastic news!!! I am sure eveything will be fine, when is your next scan, feeling sick is a good signxoxo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19569
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Congrats, Chris. That's fantastic news! I am also pregnant again. 12 weeks tomorrow. Wishing you happy and healthy 9 months!!! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21067
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks so much girls, it's good to be back. Angel, thank you for your good thoughts that this little girl gets here by Christmas!! I was happy to stay pregnant until my EDD (Dec. 16) and even a few days later, but I really really want to be home with a healthy baby for Christmas and I'm afraid we're running out of time for that to happen!!!!

thanks Princess. I am very much looking forward to you joining us here and hoping your pregnancy will be much better/easier this time around! It's not even so much that I'm feeling big & uncomfortable, but the pregnancy hormones have caused pretty bad insomnia since a couple days after my BFP, and it's been a lot worse since September. I don't feel any worse now than I have for over 3 months, except now I can finally rest during the day instead of doing full time work. It's just been hard for a long time, but that being said, I don't want to complain because I would do this a million times over if this is what it takes for my little girl!!!

Chris, congratulations on this surprise! Like it's been said, having all these symptoms, especially being sick, is a really good sign and a pap smear is no worries. I had the swine flu in early November and was on antivirals for it, and as worried as I was, this was a far better option than risking the serious complications. Chances are very very good that this baby is perfectly healthy, though of course I understand why you're concerned.

I've been having lots of pain right in my lower tummy, but they aren't contractions because it's constant, not coming & going. Every now & then, usually during the night, I'll get a couple painful cramps/contractions, but they're still just low in my belly, not all over. I am starting to worry about having to be induced!!!!

Also, I was wondering about a text buddy for when something does happen? It will likely be my DH who does the updates on FB and by text, but I'd like to be able to keep you laides informed. Anyone going to have a phone nearby and be able to post here, or would like to become DH's friend on FB for updates???
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 260
Loyalty Rating : 17941
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks everyone, we will see. Sparkles- my next appointment is the 28th but I don't know if that will be a sono too. I haven't had my blood tests yet and all that. Since I am measuring behind they might though. Otherwise I imagine it will be the 12weeks one.

Sky- yea, we are kind of close and fantasic you are almost out of the horrible first timester. I swear it goes so slow. I hope my nausea doesn't get worse as I go.

Sapphire- i hope you pop soon. I never made it to full term last time but I hear thats when you feel extra uncomfortable.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:55 am

I just wanted to say to Christy ,congratualtions!!!! Smile/happy and I know how very health conscious you are and that you eat well and take good care of yourself and in those early stages of pregnancy (the first few weeks) the embryo is SO well cushioned,protected and taken cafre of inside the lining of the mothers womb before it even really (emerges).I am sure you have done everything just fine! Smile/happy it might not hurt to have some probiotics (even after taking antibiotics anyway) so that you don't get thrush,there's an increased risk during pregnancy anyway which is a pain in the but and if you look you can find a way to have some everyday for a while to re establish your balance and it's ok to use them during pregnancy as well (obviously just brand check first) I wish you a HH9 months and congrats again.! hugs xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21310
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

I have just posted the same update elsewhere so apologies to anyone who may see this twice, and apologies for how long of an update this is ... am needing a bit of a vent!!!!

Early Sunday morning while still in bed trying to fall asleep (around 5-6am or so), I felt a small gush down there, not totally unlike the occaisonal small gush of CM I get whilst pregnant (lovely, I know - sorry if TMI!). But it never happens while lying down, and it happened at least a couple times. I was half asleep so a bit out of it, but after a bit I reached down to feel my pajamas and they were wet from front to back down there, which is far more than any spurt of CM. I managed to fall back asleep after awhile for another hour or so, and then when I woke up for good I told DH and we decided to go to the hospital to be checked as we've been told you must go if you suspect your waters may have broken. I was definitely excited that this could be it. I had a lot of dull, constant pain down low but no contractions. We went in, had an NST done and they examined me and took a sample to see if it was amniotic fluid, and it wasn't. I don't know what happened to make so much wetness on my pj's (ewww!) and was frustrated I wasn't going to have the baby. But I was much more frustrated when the doctor told me my cervix was still totally closed - this baby dropped WEEKS ago, and I've been having pains on & off for a good 2 weeks, and I thought for sure there would be at least a little softening.

Today was another OB appt, and we booked everything for induction. She tried to do a sweep but couldn't reach far enough to do it. Apparently my cervix is really high, but she could touch it and told me it's not even softened at all. I was ready to burst into tears right there (but managed to save that for the moment DH & I got into the car!). I have an ultrasound either tomorrow or Wednesday, another non-stress test at the hospital on the 24th, then on the 26th at 10am I go to the hospital to have a cevridal (?) thing inserted, the one that's synthetic prostaglandins intended to soften the cervix. They may let me go home with that in or they may keep me overnight. Then on the 27th I get induced with pitocin.

I was prepared to be overdue and prepared for any number of things to go not quite according to plan with labour, but I am starting to feel REALLY discouraged. Especially because I've had all these pains & a dropped baby and not even a softened cervix, let alone any dialation. There's just no indication my body is even starting to do what it's supposed to. I struggled feeling like my body was broken for years while ttc, and I'm starting to feel that way again. I so wanted to be able to start labour at home, try all these relaxation techniques and maybe go for an epidural later on, but if I'm being induced none of that will really happen (I know I'll want/need the epidural much sooner with pitocin).

Sorry again for the novel!!! Feeling really discouraged especially as I don't even know how likely it is for labour to start naturally when my cervix hasn't started to soften.

Last edited by sapphire on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:57 pm

awww sweety,I am sorry got all excited only to be told 'not even close' just to let you know,things can turn around in 24 hours.Your cervix can become ripe and start to efface and shorten.I understand the false labour thing but it must be SO much worse being on eggshells this time of yeat especially and late as well Cry poor you! Alll I can say is 'hugs' you'll be there soon,we love you and can't wait to meet baby girl! In the mean time I know that inserting 2 capsuals (gel) of EPO softened my cervix and I had the baby within 48 hours,its known for that.It might make you cramp a little.big hugs sweety pie.Almost over and your suffering wont be in vain,what a lovely xmas present you will have,best of all xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Sapphire, I had the same thing happen to me and went to the hospital and it wasn't my water, that was a Thursday and Jasper was born the following Tuesday ( contractions 8-10 min apart). So it can progress fast that's for sure. As for your water breaking, you'll continually gush if it's your water and even if you try and hold it in, you'll still leak. As for the cervidil, my sister had her baby almost a month ago and had that inserted but they thouight she was 40 weeks (after baby was born was only 37 weeks) and so therefore the cervidil thing leaded to false contractions ALL day long at her house, she was in too much pain so she went back to the hospital wasn't dilated, but quite effaced, they monitered her and then the babies heartrate was an issue and she went in for an emergency csection. Because of that it worries me, but if you are 2 weeks past your due date things should be fine. That's too bad your body isn't ready, I know my doc wouldn't do anything until I was 38 weeks, he was worried about inducing me too early and leading to a csection. I sent you a message on FB with my # to text me, I'm thinking of you!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:33 pm

You know, I was terribly disappointed that Owen was born under unusual circumstances. My water never "broke" but I began leaking amniotic fluid and they had to induce me 3 weeks early. After laboring for 14 hours I ended up needing an emergency C-section and they had to put me to sleep so I wasn't even "there" when Owen was born.......

HOWEVER..... He was born. Healthy, Pink, Tiny, Warm, Loving, Mine. He arrived safely and was placed in my arms as soon as I woke up. (They said I had been calling for him in my drug induced sleep!)

So, I KNOW you are discouraged. But I PROMISE you your baby girl will make her debut and in the end it wont matter how she arrived but that she did indeed arrive!!!!!

Hang in there! You are rounding the corner to the finish line!

Love you!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20259
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:21 am

Sapphire, they did the same thing for me with the cervadil. I laid all night with it inserted and it worked. My cervix was completely softened by morning, and because of it I was 2 cm dilated on my own, without pitossin. I was having contractions on my own starting in the middle of the night, no pitossin at all. They only gave me a level one of pitossin, there are 20 levels, so the least amount possible was all that was needed, and everything was amazing. I actually loved my induction, just remember you still call the shots, it is your body, and you can tell them you want the lowest level of pitossin. I even told the doctor no episiotomy while I was delivering, and he listened. I only tore a teeny tiny, only required a small running stitch, it was awesome, and very bearable.

If I could do it all again, I will do the same thing. I loved being in control of when my baby was born, and really it was a great experience for me. I know it's hard when things to turn out the way you plan, but just know like Lou Lou said her baby was born perfect, and that is what matters.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20868

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Thank you so much, ladies, you are amazing! I was definitely having a little meltdown the other day, and still sometimes I get all anxious and upset but am trying to wrap my head around this new scenario and realize that it will still be okay.

Angel, you're exactly right, that is why I was so frustrated. And with Christmas coming so soon, in a way it does make it tougher but at the same time the distraction is good. I haven't done much this year for the holidays, as we were expecting to be home with a newborn and busy with her (plus my parents live in the same city and are doing all the big stuff this year!), but the last couple days DH and I have started planning a few little things we can do just the two of us for the part of Christmas we'll have on our own. That's been good.

Gutter, thanks for your message and while I am glad to hear your sister and her baby are okay, I hope my experience is different than hers with the cervidil! I sent you a text yesterday to make sure I had the right number, thank you for being my text buddy for updates! I'll make sure DH has your number too as most likely it will be him sending updates.

Lou Lou, your post was totally what I needed to be reminded of. You're right that as long as this baby is healthy, that's by far the most important thing. Of course there's lots of other things I have some strong preferences about, but none of them matter nearly as much. thank you for that reminder.

Princess, I didn't remember you had cervidil as well as pitocin! And I am SO glad to hear you had such a positive experience with it all. That really really makes me feel better. I just was so afraid that it would be all medically controlled and I wouldn't get to experience my body doing this amazing work of birth, and that it would be a worse experience because of it. I am definitely hoping that the cervidil causes me to go into labour on my own, or at least get very close! Maybe it's a good thing I get to start with that instead of straight to the pitocin. And I'll definitely take your advice about asking for the lowest level to start as well.

No new updates other than I got in for my ultrasound yesterday, and everything looks great. Baby is doing really well, and my fluid levels are good. They're now estimating her to weigh 8 lb even, which is a bit less than they guessed she'd be back in October. I'm happy with that weight and of course relieved she's doing so well. Next is a non-stress test sometime tomorrow at the hospital, then the cervidil on Dec. 26 at 10am! (oh right, and Christmas somewhere in there too!)

thank you SO much for your support xoxoxo
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanks for the update sapphire...I dont know if I asked you if you have a text buddy for the birth if you want to ?if you don't let me know and I'll volunteer.I can message you my number. Smile/happy

I am thinking of you and your little xmas present Smile/happy x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:28 pm

For me the cervadil was just a string with the hormones that they put up inside me. No biggie, I just had to lay down all night and try not to get up and pee if I could help it. The next morning the doctor broke my water and all was great.

Sapphire- They should automatically start you on the lowest level of pitocin and then increase slowly if they feel the need. They did bump me to a level 2, and when they did that my contractions were lasting way to long, and that was the only time my baby's heartbeat ever dropped at all. So they just kept me on level one, and that was perfect for baby and myself. I did have an epidural, so I can't say what the experience will be like without one if you are planning a natural delivery, but when I was at the level 1 of the pitocin, the contractions were manageable.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:02 am

good luck Sapphire xoxox
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19569
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:00 am

OMG girls what a mission it is 2 post on here using a mobile. Hoping it works this time! Hope u r all well not getting internet re connected 4 at least another 2 wks :-( jst wanted 2 say Sapphire i'm thinking of u- impossible 2 read all the recent posts sorry. Don't know if Holi updated u all but i've been having mild irregular contractions since Xmas day they were sometimes painfull on Xmas day & I was sick but since then nothing really major. I'll keep holi updated & I can access FB a lot easier than here also Pringle is kindly offered 2 keep every1 updated. All the best 2 u, I really miss u all! X x x x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21363

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Ainsley Hope was born today at 2:21pm weighing 7 lbs 7 oz, 24 hours after labour started. She said yesterdays cervidil induction definately got things started.

Congrats sweetie, I can't wait to hear all about it and see pics of that beautiful baby girl!!! Love ya! xox

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Yay!!! What a beautiful name, I love it. Ainsley Hope. I love it. Congratulations dear Sapphire, to you and your husband. You waited so long for this miracle baby!!

xxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Awwwww, so sweet! I just knew she didn't have an 8lb baby in there! Hope all is well, sapphire, and hope to hear your birth story soon.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22674
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:28 am

I posted my congrats in the new forum Smile/happy But I'll say again congrats Sapphire.

Goergi,exciting stuff hun!I always thought your little princcess would come early!I am waiting with Baited breath to see if anything else developed over the next few days.I am so excited.Does Theo know anything about it at all? I don't suppose he understands that mummy has another baby in her tummy? He will Smile/happy

IS everything ready? I bet you are all nesty now? I know it's hard for you to post from a mobile and really apprciate you did.Lovely to see your name on here again.Can't wait till you get proper internet!love you ! xxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Exciting news on here. Yeaaa Sapphire.

Georgi- I hope you can post more before the baby comes. Sounds like things could be getting started.

I had an OB appointment today. Just the pap and 5 viles of blood. Had an interesting talk with the doctor. She said my third trimester I would be in there 2 days a week to get my BP checked( with Emy my BP went from being low entire pregnancy to emergency high at 36 weeks), and they will be doing an ultrasound once a week to check my placenta(my placenta was horribly calcified, looked like a placenta that came out after a baby was 3 weeks late, I was 3 weeks early). She suggested an early scheduled csection due to my size and history but told me that there was a good chance I may end up with an emergency one early anyways especially if the baby was bigger than Emy. Basically anything could happen and she didn't want me getting set on one thing. So I go back Jan 26th for the next ultrasound. Has anyone had to take medicine for nausea while pregnant? She told me if I start throwingup at all I need to be on medicine since I've already lost weight. Last pregnancy was more planned so I was able to gain weight before getting pregnant. So I'm down to 81 lbs, not very healthy.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Chris you are sooo tiny wow!! I thiught I was really small at 95 lbs before getting preggo with audrey. It's good to have a history to work with eh?? Because of my history we had a pretty good idea of what needed to be done. Also every pregnancy is different so I hope it goes better for you this time!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Chrisb- I didn't realize you were so tiny. I knew you said you weren't very tall, but you are very light as well my dear. Just remember every pregnancy is different, and I will be hoping and praying for your pregnancy to be healthy Smile/happy

I AM OFFICIALLY IN THE TWO WEEK WAIT! I will test on January 13th if I haven't started by then. Yay! I'm not freaking out like I was last time, I am much more relaxed. Now I just need to find a really good doctor in the area. I will really miss the doctor I had in California.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Yay Tiff!!! I'm soooo excited for you!!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next