Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
It's little things like this that piss me off EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

It's little things like this that piss me off Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

It's little things like this that piss me off

+2
Lou Lou
Lily*Blossom
6 posters

Go down

It's little things like this that piss me off Empty It's little things like this that piss me off

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:04 am

Ok. So this morning my husband was saying how tall LM is because she was standing up trying to reach the door handle.

Then I said, "heck ya she's tall. 89th percentile for height, which means only 11 percent of girls her age are taller than her."

Then he says to me, "I KNOW what it means when you say she's in the 89th percentile. I used to work for a research and polling company. Stop talking down to me."

How the HELL was I talking DOWN to him? I was just telling him something politely and casually. It happened to be something he already knew.

He was freaking talking DOWN TO ME by saying that!!!!!

AND... I Told him it was ridiculous and that he needs to apologize and chill out, and he told me that I was blowing it out of proportion.

Way to kick of the week by freaking out over me accidently telling him something he already knew.

So be careful. If you tell your husband something he might already know... he might think you are "Talking Down" to him.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20898
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

It's little things like this that piss me off Empty Re: It's little things like this that piss me off

Post  Lou Lou Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 am

I've been told I'm very good at this too!

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH OUR HUSBANDS?!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20289

Back to top Go down

It's little things like this that piss me off Empty Re: It's little things like this that piss me off

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:22 am

I am so mad at him right now I can't even see straight.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:31 am

Ha ha ha! This sounds like a broken record in my house. I'm the master at it supposedly, and my 7 year old daughter is my protege`. I never see myself doing it. Even after being explained to, it's like WTF? Maybe it's their insecurities, or something. When or if you get the answer to it, pleas let me know, so I can avoid at least ONE argument in my house.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19446
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 am

Take a deeeeeeeeep breathe.I hear you being pissed off.I would be too.BUT this is something very stupid and small.PLease try and refocus on how great you were doing a couple of weeks ago.I know you feel you are owed an appology ,I agree that what he said was juvinile,unnecessary and hurtful BUT I think you know,with your hubby,you sometimes...well...OFTEN,you have to be the grown up and make nice.Not saying you should say sorry,not at all.But you have the ability and the power to move this onto nicer thigs for the time being.Like you said,when he's out of work,he is snippy and tense and it's the ideal breeding grounf for silly aruguments to turn into big fights.You are so much more mature and you have WAY more self control and selfawareness.Its up to you to keep things 'cool' I think until he gets a new and he has NO excuse to be snippy with you.I think once that is out of the way,you can talk and discuss some much needed adjustments in his attitude and speaking towards you.In the mean time,things are hard,you are up each others asses because he's always home,in your space,on the computer and it's VERY hard even for the most lovey doviest couples to not fight during these times.
I hope you are not offended by my suggestions or think that I am suggesting you be submissive or appologetic.I am not at all.I just know that IF you get into it with him,things will get a whole lot more intense because he can be very childish (like me/aries in general)and EXTREMELY stubborn and hard headed,it gets to a point with people of a certain character ( like me and your hubby) that we will resort to such childishness that we will SWEAR up and down that BLACK is WHITE JUST so that we can 'be right'...even resorting to saying things like 'well YOU started it,what about YOU,why don't YOU' all in an effort to deflect blame and turn things around.We get very deffensive and there is a certain way to handle us.YOU my sweet,know how to do it...I know it sucks and I know that you are having to 'be the one' but just for now,I think it will make life SO much easier to 'not' go there...Anyway,I hope I have not lectured you,plase feel free to tell me to shut the hell up. Smile/happy I just know a little bit about who he is (from what you tell me and from traits I recognise within myself) and I feel both sides here!

hugs love ya,keep your head up! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21340
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Thanx Angel, MSCherry Smile/happy

I am glad you guys posted. It did make me feel better. I am glad I am not alone in this! I think I just was in shock that he got snappy and said I was talking down to him. I think that because it's not in my personality to be knowingly malicious or hurtful and when I get accused of being so and even after explaining that I wasn't doing it to be rude or a know it all and he still said that he thought I was talking down to him, it really hurt because it couldn't be further from the truth!!! When I get accused of something that I wasn't doing at all and a person won't back away from that, it REALLY sets me off.

However... having said that, something keeps going through my head right now.

"Kindness begins with me."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:56 pm

I like that phrase. I might have to make that my new mantra, with how crazy my house and life is.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19446
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:04 pm

yep Tiff I can totally relate!!! Like with our kitchen reno, he thinks he can do EVERYTHING...well I mentionned I was a little iffy about the roofing. He told me if I didn't trust him to call a roofer myself. So needless to say, I told him if he feels he can do it to do it.... sigh...

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20107
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Oh Tiff I can relate so much to your post! That's my BF all over! lol! Alot of the time I have to really calm myself down because I know these things can easily escalate into a huge row! It's just in his nature and I try not to let it get to me. When I have PMS thats a whole new story though! lol!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18372
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:23 pm

He FINALLY apologized! It only took him all darn day. I sat down and he had a grab at my boobies and said sorry Smile/happy

It's his way. Of course he has to get the boob grab in as he apologizes. He said he'll do better from now on, as he did more things even after I posted that were rude and ridiculously shallow and lame.

Guys.

Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm glad he came to his senses and apologized!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20289

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down