Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
I have finally moved... EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
I have finally moved... EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
I have finally moved... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
I have finally moved... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
I have finally moved... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
I have finally moved... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
I have finally moved... EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
I have finally moved... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
I have finally moved... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

I have finally moved... Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

I have finally moved...

+4
Gutter
BethG
24Penguins
Angel
8 posters

Go down

I have finally moved... Empty I have finally moved...

Post  Angel Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:27 pm

It was as awful as it could be I guess.We ended up having to ask the neihgbours to take a load of stuff coz the uhaul van was poorly packed.I ended up stayin an extra night on blowup beds with the kids to clean the house and finish the packing.I had a friend to help,but all day the baby was screaming and whining for me.I could barely walk past her without her having a screaming fit.I was so busy on the go all day,then when we finally got the last thing out.(about 7pm) I left for a 4 hour drive to cornelius .Arrived at 1am exausted,only to find hubby in a foul mood because he had not slept and was waiting up for us.We slept on the matress and box spring (which is fine with me) and I have to say,I didn't like the room the way it is.It feels all wrong.I kept waking up to check on Teo because he was coughing and wheezing a little (probably nerves from the trip/change) but everyone was ok.Went to sleep between 2-3am,woke up around 7:00 with alarm,then again at 8am,I have unpakced 2 boxes and done a load of washing,been to our local wallmart and done a 'basic' shop.It was hellacious.Now I am exausted,as are the kids,complete with runny noses and red eyes(little cold) so they're not in the 'shopping/moving/mummys very busy' mood,where they can occupy themselves at all.Anyway,it's all good we're here.IHad to hire a company to clean the carpets at the old house and pay a friend to do the last bit of cleaing coz I just didnt have time.Still we're here.I expect we will be back and forth every few weeks to visit MIL and GMIL.I don;t mind doing this beut they'd better come n see us.It would be easier for .them to travel here than us there,and we specifically wanted a guest room on the ground floor for gma IL so she doesnt hurt her back/fall on the stairs...sigh...she sais 'she;ll see' Anyway,my dad and brother are coming on may 7th.I am so excited to see them Smile/happy

Best part,we have our own internet now lol Woohoo! Tongue be on as much as I can in between sorting things out and unpacking etc...xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21358
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I have finally moved... Empty Re: I have finally moved...

Post  24Penguins Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:36 pm

great to hear angel!! sorry it went so badly, but the most important thing is ITS OVER!!! hahaha we can both celebrate, i am officially moved as well! YAY!!!

now we just need to get together Wink hehehe
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18829
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:40 pm

Angel, wonderful news that you're in the new house! So tell us about it! Hopefully no more ugly wallpaper, huh? LOL!

And Nika, I was thinking about your move too and am now surprised to hear it happened! Guess I missed that news if you shared it. Tell your story too.

Do you that moving ranks as one of the MOST STRESSFUL EVENTS in a person's life?
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22722
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:47 pm

hahaha you want to hear my story??

i procrastinated packing so badly that me and charles packed the whole house (as best we could) on thursday and friday last week. we moved everything but the washer and dryer and a bunch of piddly crap on saturday with the help of one friend, went back on sunday to get the washer and dry and some more piddly crap... charles took monday off work and went back and bagged up all the crap that we didnt want or was trash... now i have to go back to the old house tonight and sweep and mop all the floors (they are all hardwood) and then im finally done with the old house, YAY! but on the other hand, the new house was soooo not ready to move into but we couldnt put the move off any longer so we moved anyways, and i have no working kitchen sink, or stove, or oven, or dishwasher, so all i have in the kitchen right now is a countertop and a microwave, which makes it hard to feed a 15 month old kid. but we are making do. other than that they werent finished ripping out the carpets, so we are dancing around the house between nice finished hardwood, and carpet padding on some, and staples on some... the staples are all supposed to be out by today though which will be nice. they were all throughout the hallway which made it hard on kaydee cause she can walk now so she wants to walk, but i had to carry her from room to room so she wouldnt hurt herself on all the staples and shes getting pissed with me lol!

other than that, life seems to be settling down somewhat. i have to go after work today and get a faucet for the kitchen and then at least my sink will work (the old faucet started leaking so bad that we had to cut the water off to the sink...) and then we just need to get the plugs wired in for the range and the dishwasher and at least the kitchen will be done! YAY! then i just have to unpack everything!!

oh and i think the septic tank needs to be pumped out, and we have a leak in the basement sometimes, so thats not fun either! argh! LOL! but we are still WAY happier in the new house Smile/happy all the snags should be ironed out in no time!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:38 pm

YAY Holi, glad you have finally arrived hun!!! I hear you about inlaws, we live 2.5 hours away from my MIL and she NEVER visits. She's only come 2-3 times for an hour at a time, meanwhile we used to go there maybe every other weekend to visit. Now we just go maybe 2 times a year. I have found an old friend (we hadn't spoken since we were kids) and she lives in the same city, so we'll probably be driving the 2.5 hours to visit them and stop at MIL for like an hour (maybe during dinner time), lol!!

Anyways glad your back Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20125
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Glad you're both moved hehe.

I've got this ALL to come in August hehe. Well, not as bad as we won't have furniture etc. Just our own stuff, and we'll build up 'our' stuff as we go along. Can't wait hehe. I bought tea towels today, I just couldn't wait to buy things hehe lol Smile/happy
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 18016

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 am

That's awesome the move is over, you can finally get settled and start this new chapter of your life YAY!! Can't believe you had the same issue with Tia Li as I had with Theo on the day of the move. Theo's first tooth decided to start popping up the day we moved which meant he was extra clingy, tearful and OMG... shock how many nappies did I have to change! sick

Take your time unpacking everything and as you go start sorting through thing's, in our new house we finally have a place for everything and I am certain that is because I took my time in unpacking stuff.

Really miss you at the moment honey so as soon as you are sorted drop me a PM and we can make a MSN date that suits us both Smile/happy

Nika - I didn't realise you were also moving house....well they say thing's happen in 3's!!! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21411

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:06 am

Wow Nikka,I didnt know you were moving either.I thought you were waiting another 6 months?How awful for you to hve a half finished house and construction while trying to unpack,raise a baby and be pregnant.I feel for you,still at least they are fixing it,does this hosue beling to your mum too?or is it someone else?

Beth...YES!Not only is there no UGLY wallpaperut there is NO wallpaper,it's bliss to me lol. The walls are all painted/creamy browny earhty shades that I love and sadly...the carpets are once again...off white in most rooms LOL.

I am surrounded by boxes,but takng my time.I am coinciding this with starting Teo on a new diet (to help his ADHD) I had statred a bit before the move and saw a HUGE improvement but we slipped with being so rushed and moving and all the junk food.So back on it now.more about that later.

The house is GREAT,really beautiful.We are going to have to still go back and get some stuff in 2 weeks and then rent a storage room for a few of our bits but other than that.It lovely.Met our neighbours too and they seem realy nice Smile/happy This neihgbourhood has a community pool and 2 big kiddy parks so Teo will be in heaven as soon as it warms up Smile/happy

Georgi,I miss you too honey.I am on MSN on and off throughout the day,PM me your phone number if you want and tell me when's an ok time to call and I will Smile/happy xx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21358

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am

Glad you are both moved, Nika and Holi!!!! Welcome back! I hope you get both settled fast and enjoy your new place! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21115
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:38 am

haha angel yeah we moved the same weekend as you, what are the odds?!?!

ugh i will be so happy when the house is finished lol! all the staples are up out of the floor now, so its just nice hardwood now (the carpets were so gross, and we found out there was hardwood underneath them all, so we had them ripped up instead of trying to get them shampooed and it actually saved us money in the long run!!) and today ive got my uncle in law the plumber fixing the kitchen sink and i hope later this week the range will be set up so then we will be done with all the construction stuff and i can just unpack and set up!! haha, very exciting!

oh oh oh, angel get this! we spent over a week tearing down and peeling off old ugly disgusting wallpaper! LMAO!!!!!! whoever invented wallpaper needs to be killed!!! OMG ITS EVIL!!! and so hard to get down!!!! it took forever, but we got it all down and painted all the walls lovely colors i picked so it looks nice now!!

glad to hear your move is all done and you are working on getting settled now though angel! thats a wonderful feeling isnt it, just to be done with the old house?? hehehe.

oh and no we are not renting from my mother anymore, never again will i rent from her. shes not a landlord, shes a slumlord!!! terrible person to rent from and i feel bad for all her other tenants! shes actually told me that if her tenants call her with a problem shes going to tell them to bad cause she has no money, and thats including if like the heat goes out or something!! OMG!! how terrible is that. i remember once our electrical box outside broke and we could have lost our power at any minute but since it was it was on the house it wasnt the power companies problem and she told us to deal with it, she couldnt afford to fix it....

*rant over*
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:43 am

Wow, Nika, I am glad you got out of your Mom's house. That does sound very slum-lordy. Before we moved here last August we lived downtown of a large city and totally rented from slumlords, too. So glad we got out!

That sounds great all the work you have done already on the house. It's great to be able to paint the rooms in the colors you love. You gotta post some pics when you guys are more settled.

Just don't overdo it, take good care of yourself and baby#2! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21115
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 am

aww, thanks nikki, your so sweet lol haha, yeah im happy to be out of my moms house, def!!

and i will be taking pics once i get things a little more settled!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 am

Angel, I am so happy the move is over! I am sorry that it was so difficult. I hope that things are sorted soon, and that Teo and Tia-Li get feeling better very soon. Just aim for unpacking like 2 boxes a day if you have to... it will be done soon.

24penguins- I am glad your move is over as well. It sounds like every thing went smoothly, hope you are enjoying your new place.

xxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20916
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:32 am

Angel wrote:
Georgi,I miss you too honey.I am on MSN on and off throughout the day,PM me your phone number if you want and tell me when's an ok time to call and I will Smile/happy xx

My phone number is the same sweetie! Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21411

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down