Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids?

+5
Giggles
brown eyed girl
Helen
24Penguins
Lily*Blossom
9 posters

Go down

How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? Empty How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids?

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:51 pm

LM drinks no more than 20 ounces in a 24 hour period, now that she is on solids. She usually drinks 20, and on the days she drinks less than 20 oz, I give her a liquid baby vitamin in her cereal.

So how much formula did your baby drink after starting solids 3 times a day?

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20922
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? Empty Re: How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids?

Post  24Penguins Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:57 pm

kaydance still only eats 2 meals a day, sometimes 3, and a snack, but she will still drink 4 or 5 eight oz bottles most days. sometimes she will only drink 6 oz each time, but she still seems like she wants her primary nutrients to come from her formula lol. shes a bottle drinker alright!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18835
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? Empty Re: How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids?

Post  Helen Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:07 am

Ryan once he was having 3 meals a day had 4 bottles of 7 oz a day Smile/happy
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17710
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  brown eyed girl Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:08 am

20-24 ounces. That's what my pediatrician told me, but I've noticed that if you "stuff" your baby full or formula or whole milk once they turn one, which I've done lol, they won't eat any baby food or solids b/c they are simply not hungry, so this amount could vary from child to child depending on said child's appetite... Smile/happy
brown eyed girl
brown eyed girl

Number of posts : 13
Loyalty Rating : 17188
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:04 pm

I breastfeed so this may differ slightly from formula, but Kenadi is now nearly 9 months old and she gets about 20 oz of breastmilk a day, give or take. Lily Mae probably still needs most of her nutrients to come from her milk (though, you can talk to your dr about that if you feel the need), but I don't see anything wrong with 20 oz. Some babies just take to solids much better and would prefer eating from a spoon than from a bottle. Does Lily Mae have cereal and does she take formula with it? Sometimes, parents will fix the cereal with water, but rice cereal is just another opportunity to add more milk so I would suggest that if you're not already doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 am

I always mix formula into her cereal. It was the most obvious way for me to make sure she had extra formula without actually knowing it, since she isn't too big of a fan of milk. Wink
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? Empty how much milk

Post  Giggles Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:05 pm

With Jake he has never been a milk baby, so now that he is on solids he has about 14-16oz's day, I know that they should be on at least 21oz's until one but it just doesn't work for Jake and he is much happier eatting food. He has about 4oz in the morning which some of that is in his weetabix and then he eats lunch at 11 and tea at 3 and then has a bottle at bed 9oz's and then another 3 or so at 10. He seems to be doing fine and is growing well. If I try and offer more milk he will not eat food, my h/v seems happy with what I am doing. x x
Giggles
Giggles

Number of posts : 14
Loyalty Rating : 17172
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Thanx Giggles, I appreciate that Smile/happy Jake and LM are very similar in their distaste for formula, and their love of solids! She too is growing well, so I am not too worried. On days that she doesn't drink enough formula, I give her a liquid vitamin in her cereal Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

How much formula did your baby drink after starting solids? Empty Fluids for the babe

Post  becksta Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 am

Hi, I am quite concerned as although my daughter (6˝ months) started having 3 meals a day she won't drink anything but breastmilk. I have tried 3-4 different formula milks as well as water and juices but she is having none of it. I am looking to go back to work soon and I am running out of ideas to get her off the boobie!!!
becksta
becksta

Number of posts : 2
Loyalty Rating : 16498
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:36 am

Hi there Becksta - Does your LO drink breast milk in bottles at all? I am just thinking whether you can start mixing a little bit of formula to the breast milk and then slowly increase it...??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21417
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  becksta Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:56 am

Yes she will take breastmilk from a bottle, though usually not if I am in line of sight!! Mixing it together is not a bad idea. Thanks! X
becksta
becksta

Number of posts : 2
Loyalty Rating : 16498
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:09 am

Your very welcome I am sure some other members will have some ideas too for you!! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21417

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 am

Hello hello hello and welcome my SIL lol Glad you finally checked out the site.Great to see you and Lil Smile/happy

As for your prob...I have the same one.T-li will not touch formula.She is now 9 months and I have started to give her cows milk in her little cup which she loves.I eventually plan to get her just on that.

As for your issue,I guess it's coz you need to go back to work yeah?Well,with Teo (my oldest) He was breastfed for a few weeks before he went onto forumula,he also HATED it and wouldnt' touch it.So,I got some orange blossom essnce (cooking ailse) at the suggestin of the pediatrician and would put a couple of drops in his formula.For months it was the only way I could get him to drink it.I gradually weaned him off and would put other flavourings in (a few drops of vanilla essence only pure)Or if we had strawberries some of the juice,anything to try and flavour it.I had to pump (breat milk) to get him used to taking a bottled first,once that was done my life was a lot easier.I hope you find something that works for you.I know it's difficult.I am still BFing (I only wanted to do 6 months at most) but I have managed to cut it down to 3-4 times a day.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21364

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:41 am

Trader Joe's Health Food grocery store offers an alcohol free natural vanilla flavoring. I would use 1 or 2 drops in her bottle or formula and this seemed to help. It is sweetened with glycerin which is a derivative from sugar but isn't dangerous like aspartame.

Hope this helps you becksta Smile/happy Welcome to our forum Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:54 am

Welcome!!!!
Just so you know - I am slowly weaning my son from formula to whole milk and I have added two ounces of whole milk to four ounces of formula and he hasn't noticed the difference at all! So, I'll bet SLOWLY adding formula to the breast milk will work! I started with one ounce to 5 ounces of formula and will continue one ounce at a time over the next four weeks when he turns one.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!! You should join us in the "babies beyond" thread!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20313

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down