Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
rejecting solids - teething related? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

rejecting solids - teething related? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

rejecting solids - teething related?

4 posters

Go down

rejecting solids - teething related? Empty rejecting solids - teething related?

Post  skyllar Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Well, Kian has been rejecting solids since yesterday (besides a few bites, here and there). He usually eats baby food (jars of veggies and fruits, oatmeal, yogurt) and some finger foods (cheerios, fruit pieces, tofu, veggie pieces). He LOVES his cheerios. But yesterday he started spitting his food out (besides super-soft banana and tofu) and today he doesn't even like his cheerios. I wonder if it has to do with his teething. His top tooth broke through the gums yesterday (but just through) and the one next to it is also almost poking through. The only thing he wants is to nurse.

My question since I don't remember this happening with his first teeth: Does the teething make him not want to eat solids? Did that happen to any of you?

Thanks so much!!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

rejecting solids - teething related? Empty Re: rejecting solids - teething related?

Post  Angel Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 pm

HI NIcki,I have noticed that Tia-li doesnt seem to be hungry when she's teething.I think I can see 2/3 teeth trying to come through,poor little lass and this morning,she ate about 3 bites from her usual huge bowl of oatmeal,same for lunch.I gave her some tylenol and she ate lots of dinner,but I think it can absolutely be teething related,I mean you dont want to bite things that might hurt if your gums are sore.I guess that would make sense! Smile/happy I would watch him and if he's not picking back up in a couple of days,ask the ped,just nurse him/give him fluids as much as poss in the mean time! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

rejecting solids - teething related? Empty Re: rejecting solids - teething related?

Post  skyllar Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks, Angel, so much for your input. I am hoping/thinking it's teething related, but just wanted to see if it happened to others, too.

So sorry to hear that Tia Li's having a hard time with the teething. I hope she is feeling better soon and let's you have some well-deserved rest!!!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Like Angel said, I think it's teeth related too. Jayden can't even stand sucking on her cup when her teething is really bad. Luckily, the "worst" part of it starts to subside within a day or two(still gotta go through the occasional whining, though) and then they can tolerate things touching their gums better.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Oh thanks so much, mscherry!! I hope your little one is feeling better soon, too!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:19 pm

LM totally has totally started to pull away from her bottle and close her mouth and not accept foods as well the past few days. She has also been very whiney and clingy and I was totally wondering if it is her top teeth trying to break through.

I think it is just teething!!!! Teething is the pits!!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks Tiff!! Yes, teething is awful for them. Kian did eat some of his pureed baby foods today, but still not very enthusiastic about finger foods except tofu which he gobbled up. The top toothe broke through but is only a tiny bit out, so this might still go for a little while. Hope LM is feeling better!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down