Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
starting get discouraged EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
starting get discouraged EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
starting get discouraged EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
starting get discouraged EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
starting get discouraged EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
starting get discouraged EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
starting get discouraged EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
starting get discouraged EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
starting get discouraged EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

starting get discouraged Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

starting get discouraged

+3
Angel
Lou Lou
LeanneWhitney
7 posters

Go down

starting get discouraged Empty starting get discouraged

Post  LeanneWhitney Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:40 pm

i thought things where getting better but nothing but crying fits for atlest a hour every time till ether i give her the bottle or she dont want to eat Cry been pumping every 2 hrs but milk looking shady like a ounce or 2 i really getting me down now
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 281
Loyalty Rating : 18091
Registration date : 2009-02-01

http://www.youravon.com/leannewhitney

Back to top Go down

starting get discouraged Empty Re: starting get discouraged

Post  Lou Lou Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:58 pm

awh! Hugs babe!!!!!

I'm so sorry it's so frustrating for you. How old is she now? About two weeks?
Can you tell me what a typical day is looking like for you? For instance, when Owen was that age this is what a day might have looked like for us...... ( I actually copied this from my journal I kept when he was first born!)

6:15 am - 6: 35 BF 10 minutes on both breasts
Awake for 30 minutes and then back to sleep
9: 10 am - 9:30 BF 10 minutes on both breasts
Awake for 30 minutes and then back to sleep
11:15-11: 36 - BF (one breast)
Long nap
3: 20 pm - 3: 55 - BF 10 minutes on both breasts
Awake for about 30 minutes and then down for a nap
6:22-6:45 pm - BF 10 minutes on both breasts
Down for a long nap
9: 34 - 9:58 - BF on both breasts
Down for bed
12:30 am - 12:58 - BF on both breasts
Back to sleep
4 an - 4:38 - BF on both breasts
Back to sleep
7: 35am - 7:55 am - BF on both breasts

Hope this helps some

Have you considered supplementing with formula? If you don't want to I TOTALLY understand but I just want you to
remember that it's always an option........

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:45 pm

when i do get her latch easy 30 min each time she wakes up startin at 3:40am which is instant bottle past few days because of lack of sleep dont want getr me her and hubby all worked up lol, then she she sleeps for hr 30 min then then its nappy (dipper) change time nice poopy lol then shes awake 30 min then eats again then hr nap then we get up her longest sleep has been 2 hrs and i have thought about fourmila full time but i want try get brest milk for as long as possible.

she still not latching skin to skin at all WHEN she latches its only to the plastic nipple the nurse gave me because my nipple wasn't staying hard long enough n she said it would shape them but she eating 4 ounces and when she nurses she still hungry after . even though she eat 30 min each side (cutting out naps) just starting make me feel like im doing something wrong like im a failure how worked up she gets because shes not a whiney baby (so far) and she gets real tears if i let it go on to long of me getting it in her mouth then getting the milk flowing then relaxing her re attaching her just takeing 3 hrs to feed her easy Cry end up makeing me feel crewl
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Hey hun.I know it's hard.Like I said,if you can just make it through these first 2 months,you will find it gets easier.I wouldnt worry about the nipple yet.it's still very early! Things will sort them selves out.You just go to do what works for yuo and what gets you the most sleep now,don't worry about bad habbits yet.If you can make it through these tough times you'll be fine.You can do it.don't feel bad,You are doign a GREAT job! xxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21313
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:40 pm

OMG I never thought it was going to get any easier, but I say the last 2 weeks have been a breeze in comparison to the first 4 weeks. The pain has gone completely. Jasper would latch on and my toes would curl, they don't do that anymore...keep working at it hun, it's better then pumping. I pumped for 6 months with Audrey and I was always engorged and clogged, actually breastfeeding is heaven in comparison. Please don't get discouraged!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:36 am

she fed this morning no problem after being up all night sick , i feel like im not makeing enough milk when i pump im getting less and less anybody got any tips on how i can keep my milk going ok or more till me n cloie work this out?
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:50 am

Leanne, I am so sorry the BFing is so hard. Believe me it was very hard for me in the beginning as well. You are doing such a good job, though. Please don't get discouraged.

To keep your milk supply up: make sure you eat enough and drink enough water (it is very important to stay hydrated). Also, there are teas (I had one that was called Mother's milk) that helps your supply to stay up if you drink it every day. There are also herbal supplements, that you can take. Finally, try and pump in between feedings (if you can and have time) that will stimulate and make your body believe you need more milk and it will produce more. It takes a couple of days to get your supply up. If Cloie is going through a growth spurt at the moment, then it might seem that you have not enough milk, but as soon as she gets out of that spurt, you will see you have plenty (it's supply and demand).

To help with the BFing itself: Kian had troubles latching at the beginning (hospital staff told me I wouldn't be able to BF cause of inverted nipples - yeah right?!?). Anyways, in the beginning Kian and I had the hardest time, a lot of crying, fighting etc. What I ended up doing was pump a little just before I put him on to pull my nipple out and then it was easier for him to latch. I would do that for a 1/2 week until he was better at latching. Also, I lay him in bed next to me on his side and we started to learn to nurse like that (tummy to tummy)- that way I could nurse him at night and could doze off with him next to me (and ended up loving this position which was great when he wanted to constantly nurse).

That's all I can think off right now. If I can think of more, I will be back.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 am

Smile/happy thanks for all the advise im going go ahead and look up them tea's i dont like tea (i know british and dont like tea lol) but its better then sitting on my ass not doing nothing i though that pumping in between world make it less milk but that for straitening that out for me everybody i known in my family friends all formula feed so this is why i dont know much about breast feeding other than its best for baby and my mum not breast feeding me may be a big course to my constant ear infections and low amune system so i said i didnt want that for my baby lol
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:26 am

i found the tea on a website for $3 a box hehe so going order two and pump in between when i have time ill keep you posted thanks Smile/happy
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:56 am

I could never pump more than a few ounces at a time..... probably about 1 1/2 ounces in the early days and only about 3 ounces at 4 or 5 months. I don't know why some folks have better success with pumping than others! Hope the tea helps.
Sky - you gave great advice.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm

yeah my sisters baby is 6 weeks and she said she pumping 6 ounces easy and here me with my barely once ounce lol
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

starting get discouraged Empty update on her feeding

Post  LeanneWhitney Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:16 pm

she still haveing her fits time to time but morning she going to breast no problem and she getting easyer relax when she has a lil fit, feel like my milk comeing in better not pumpung to much but breast very tender today like 5they was in the hospitle i was pumping 3 ounces there i though it was cus there pump better, but touch wood things starting get better Smile/happy
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:49 am

she starting eat better (still with shield) but im still not pumping much and she not getting as much as she wants till she starts crying because she cant get more. and im not getting that hard rock engorged feeling i only had that one time since she been born my breasts are soft :/ i been drinking the mother milk herbal tea pumping in between feeds and pumping if she sleeps past a feed im really running out of idears Cry
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:24 am

How often are you pumping Leanne? Are you drinking enough water and eating protein. When this happened to me, I would plan to spend a few days at home and literally pump hourly, rest, drink gallons, eat some pieces of chicken or cheese and within no time I would be really full. If she is gaining weight and pooing and weeing then she is getting something, but if you think you need to increase your milk supply, that is the best advice to be honest. Don't worry about volume so much when you pump as it's not really a good indicator at baby will always be more efficient at getting milk than the pump but do try and pump 10 minutes hourly for a day or two, you may not need 2 days but it should help. And like I said loads of water! Hope that helps, you are one determined woman!
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:06 am

Yeah,baby will be getting much more than you pump,your let down will happen,just keep doing it I say,you're already getting more comfortable with the feeding.I wouldnt worry so much about being rock hard.Like Galaxy said,if she's got pleanty of wet nappies and is pooing and gainging weight then I wouldnt worry.It often seems with newborns that they are never satisfied.They seem to spend forever on the boob sometimes,it's annoying,you can't get anyting done and you feel 'glued' to your baby.But thats kinda just they way it is,doesnt mean she's not getting enough neccesarily.I am sure she's fine,things will be a lot better in a couple of weeks,you are doing a great job and try not to worry about it,lot and lots of water,like Galaxy said again,tons.Like at least 2 litres,nibbles on food all the time,in order to produce milk you need to be consuming about an extra 500 -700 calories per day.Bear that in mind,it's not time to diet LOL. I'm sure you're not but just don't feel guilty about eating,you need to.Everytime she nurses,drink a whole tall glass of water while she's on there.If you can do that it will probably help,also keep drinking your tea and don't worry! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21313
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am

I was never hard unless he skipped a feeding! I always felt really soft so I think you are probably fine in that department. - Just thought I'd share! : )

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 pm

galaxy- im drinking at lest 3 ltrs i have the hospital big cups they give you with the straw (if u know what i mean) but im constantly drinking from it i guess i could snack more and iv been pumping every 2 hrs 4 if she had a good feed atm im also giving her baby water for hick ups (what she seems to like a lot)

angel- I blame the nurses for giveing her formula with out my permission when i had breast milk in the frig.... and a dummy before she even breast feed

lou lou-ok thanks that's a load off my mind Smile/happy
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Just want to say thanks to all you ladies for your help and encouragement pumping lil more now and the lady from the health department bringing me one of the hospital double pumps tomorrow slowly weening her off the supplement i had give her from her screening in hunger past few days she down too 2 fourmila now n thats just spread out me useing it to get her latch
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Yay, I am glad thngs are going better!