Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Advice / tips for long trip / travel EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Advice / tips for long trip / travel Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Advice / tips for long trip / travel

4 posters

Go down

Advice / tips for long trip / travel Empty Advice / tips for long trip / travel

Post  skyllar Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:02 pm

We will be leaving in a week to go to Europe for 1 1/2 months. First, we will stay for 1 week at my Mom's, then we will go to France and live there for 1 month in an apartment and then return to Germany for another 9 days or so before heading back to the States. We have traveled overseas with Kian before (he was 8 months old), but I have a couple of questions and am looking for advice/tips/ideas for this trip.

Flower Since we will be gone for so long what are in your opinion necessary things for the little one that you for sure wouldn't travel without? What would you not bother bringing?

Flower I need some small(!) toys and good activities for a 8 1/2 hour plane ride (plus 1 hour car ride and 1 hour train ride). What little toys does your little one like (little and hopefully cheap)? Do you have some ideas for activities during the plane ride? He will be a lap child, cause at this point I can't afford a seat for him, lol.

Thanks so much, your ideas, opinions, tips and advice are greatly appreciated. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Advice / tips for long trip / travel Empty Re: Advice / tips for long trip / travel

Post  mscherry42 Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Well,
We have never travelled that long before, but Jayden enjoyed coloring with her wonder markers coloring book, although she more fun capping and uncapping the markers Confused . She has a favorite blankie that she drags everywhere that we made sure to pack too. As for toys, hmm, that one would be tough since you probably don't want any noise makers on the plane just in case he gets it in his head that that's what he wants while everyone else is trying to sleep lol . Maybe some books. Believe it or not, but Jayden really enjoys watching movies with headphones on. don't know if your little one would enjoy that, but that's a suggestion. You could always pack some small interactive toys for when you get over there. Good luck on your long trip.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Advice / tips for long trip / travel Empty Re: Advice / tips for long trip / travel

Post  skyllar Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:55 pm

mscherry, thanks for the reply. I'll definitely bring some markers, that sounds fun and he'll like playing with them, chewing on them etc. I will try the movie and headphone thing - anything technological sounds intriguing to him - so we'll definitely give it a try. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:58 pm

I've noticed that Owen loves any new toy initially. Maybe just go to the dollar store or walmart and check cheap toys and just pull things out slowly. We got Owen a pack of these cute little cars at Wal-mart and he loves them. The best part is that I only paid $5 for 5 or 6 of them and if we lose one it's no big deal. And, you are going to think this is sillybut, Owen spent about 2 hours yesterday playing with a ribbon off one of his new toys! It's just cut up curly ribbon but you would have thought it was a string made of gold! Sometimes things that aren't really toys at all are the most fun. Owen loves my hairbrush, my compact, an empty pill bottle with some change it it, etc.

Hope this helps some!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Oh, those are great ideas, Lou Lou, thanks!!! I think toy cars might be a good idea and then, yes, the 'odd' toys like ribbon, pill bottle with change etc. And those ideas all seem to be very portable, too. Great! I will go to Walmart/ dollar store and see if I can find some good small things. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:43 pm

when i flew to cali with kaydee i went to walmart and spent maybe $30 max, only that much cause i bought two board books and they were the most expensive lol. but i got some little cars, a small stuffed animal, a tiny little piano, a few little things that made some noise, nothing over a couple bucks. they entertained her decently, but i agree with lou lou cause out of all that you know what entertained her the longest?? my toothbrush!!! LOL!! she found it in my backpack, and wouldnt give it back, and was having a ball with it, dont ask me why. needless to say i threw it away and got another one since she was rubbing it on the airplane seats and floor (ICK!) but it kept her occupied for a good while. sometimes its the little things you would never think of that do the trick.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Just another thought - you may want to pack his special toys in a bag that belongs to you that has lots of zippers and compartments. I have a big purse that Owen loves to play with. He may find the items inside more interesting if it's in a bag that he knows does not belong to him!
I took Owen to a baby shower recently and he sat on the floor the entire time I was there playing with the contents of my purse and wallet.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:29 pm

yeah, kaydee is obsessed with taking my wallet out of my purse and pulling ALL the cards out and hiding them lol! i always get all the important ones back, but i think im still missing a few.....
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks, Nika and Lou Lou. Those are fantastic ideas. And you are soo right that they often LOVE things that aren't toys at all. Kian also loves emptying my purse, LOL (including throwing around pads and tampons lol ). And the wallet thing we discovered on our long road trip recently, I gave Kian DH's wallet and pulled out all the credit cards and stuff..... I will bring my purse and our backpack with plenty of fun things for him to pull out - cell phones are always a hit and my iPod.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down