Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Need advice EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Need advice EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Need advice EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Need advice EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Need advice EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Need advice EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Need advice EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Need advice EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Need advice EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Need advice Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Need advice

+3
Georgi
24Penguins
Lily*Blossom
7 posters

Go down

Need advice Empty Need advice

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 am

Ok, so LM can only fall asleep swaddled in her kiddopautamas swaddling device. However LATELY she can now break out of it, so I have begun wrapping a large cotton blanket around her lower arms while she is swaddled, and then I knot it on her side, so she gets out less frequently, but she can still get out after about 4 hours of wiggling in her sleep.. She sleeps for hours while swaddled, but does still manage to break out during the night, and when that happens, she wakes herself up, ad pulls out her dummy, and won't sleep.

I tried putting her down to nap without swaddling, and she just rips put her pacifier and cries for it, because she hasn't yet figured out how to replace it herself. I get sick of getting up frequently during the night and replacing the pacifier as well, because she is so addicted to it.

Her doctor said that swaddling her at this point is perfectly fine, but I am wondering, when will she get better control of her hands so she stops scratching her face and pulling out her pacifier involuntarily, thus eliminating the need for her to be swaddled? Should I take away her pacifier, or should I ride it out until she knows how to put it back herself? It helps her falls asleep, but she cries for it several times through out the night when she spits it out.

I just want to be able to put her down to sleep in a normal fashion. When she gets her hand out of her swaddle in the middle of the night she starts playing and talking and eventually crying non-stop, but the second I wrap her back up, she falls asleep again. This is adding extra annoyance to her already frequent night waking, and I am so selfish and want my sleep, that I am torn about what I should do?

Help.

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20922
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Need advice Empty Re: Need advice

Post  24Penguins Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:40 am

aww, babe, sorry i cant help! kaydance never took to being swaddled, and she never took a pacifier either. i know this isnt helping, but i wanted to let you know i read the thread, and im hoping one of the other ladies will be able to come on her with some awesome advise for you! {{HUGS}}
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18835
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:50 am

I understand where you are coming from and Tiff we all need our sleep, you are not alone there...I get extremely short tempered if I haven't had much sleep.

Theo has been taking his dummy out and putting it back in for sometime now but it is only very recently that he can pick it up after dropping it....it's a skill I guess they have to learn and the only way they will learn is if they drop it?? I don't know whether Lily Mae has her dummy during the day? Theo does on and off but when he doesn't I just leave it by the side of him and he quickly learnt how to pick it up and stick it in his mouth, I guess this is what he does at night should he wake up. Can you try that? I am sure it wouldn't take Lily Mae long to realise that she CAN pick it up herself, she may get a little frustrated trying.

In regards to the swaddling, I can't really help there as Theo never liked his hands tucked away he slept much better with his arms loose, what if Lily Mae's arms were loose but you put scratching mits on or socks on her hands?? I suppose it helps with the scratching/hair pulling and she wouldn't be able to take her dummy out easily, although she wouldn't be able to stick it back in easily either!

Oooooo it's a tricky one Tiff......hopefully someone else comes up with some suggestions!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21417
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:07 am

LM can pick up her dummy and she attempts to put it back during the day, but at night she does not think or know to try to put it back. She tears or knocks it out constantly if her hands are out :( It's easy for her to pull out since it is the NUK with the ring that hangs down.

I tried scratch gloves and they just fall off, but I haven't tried socks yet, I will try that at her nap time. Thanx for that idea, Georgi.

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:14 am

we don't have as much issue with the paci. By the time it falls out he is usually asleep and doesn't notice. The swaddle was an issue for us because he kept trying to roll over in it and I was afraid he would get on his tummy and not have the use of his arms if he needed them.... we started swaddling him with one arm out and now he sleeps in long sleeve, footed pajamas and doesn't need the swaddle anymore. It took 3 or 4 nights for him to get used to having full use of his arms.

Not much help.... just wanted to share our experience!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20313

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Lucy wouldn't stay swaddled either. She fought and fought it and wiggled til she was out. No burrito baby for me lol. She likes to sleep with her hands above her head. I will try the socks on hands too, cause she scratches her face. I also have her in long sleeve, footed sleepers. Or I have a couple of those sleep sacks that I use. I plan on putting her in both when it gets colder. The problem with the sleep sacks (and gowns) is she gets mad and pushes on the front of them with her feet and the next thing you know the neck is all stretched.

Maybe you could try a different pacifier? I have a couple of the nuk ones, and she too pulled it out way too easy with that ring too. I got some Mam ones, and they seem to stay better, they just have a knob on the handle, and they seem to be shaped so that if they just get partially out of their mouths they tend to get sucked back in instead of falling out. She's got the hang of pulling it out, just not putting it in yet. She will give up and go for the thumb or a few fingers.

Need advice Fishies1
This is how she likes to sleep!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18437
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:16 pm

awww, sorry so OT, but baby lucy is just sooo cute lol
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18835
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:11 pm

Lucy is so dang cute! I love that picture!!!!

I have attempted different pacifiers, but L.M. won't take them. She is used to the shape of the Nuk, and especially since she is nearly 6 months old, she is very attached. I thought of this, that maybe the mam's would work better, I actually had some from my baby shower, but, she wouldn't take it Cry

Lou, Lou, it is good to hear your experience if transitioning from swaddling, to no swaddle. I will attempt this, but I don't know if she'll go for it.

I tried putting socks on her hands at her nap, but her wrists are so fat that the were too tight!!! LOL.

Oh gosh, what the heck am I gonna do with this kid?? Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:19 pm

We are working on getting Addy out of the swaddler too. For the last 4 nights I have been putting her to sleep with one arm out. Today I just started putting her down for naps with both hands out. I still have her legs wrapped up. She didn't sleep as good but I am hoping she improves. My hope is that she will learn to suck her fingers to soothe herself so she wont need the paci. I can always dream, right???
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 67
Loyalty Rating : 17250
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://www.camandjenjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:28 pm

ok,3 suggestions;

1) I'm with the socks,they are tighter

2)Get some pliers n cut the ring off the pacis,its not a neccessity n she might still knock it out but it might work.

3) wean her from the paci,you'll have to at some point anyway.

4) I know this may be shock horror to some,but,the same with both my kids,they HATE sleeping on their backs n will wake frequently.I put them on their sides which is better but not great,n recentlt baby has been sleeping with me n I put her on her stomache,she sleeps 8 hours without even moving.she can roll over now right?Maybe take off her swaddle n try seeing how she wants to sleep?
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21364

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:31 pm

So I tried to put her down to sleep on her tummy, and she rolled to her back straight away, cheeky bugger! She just hates her stomach.

I also experimented during her naps today, and tried not to swaddle her, and for an hour she fought me, as soon as I wrapped her up, she was out like a light.

Thank you for the suggestion, Angel, I am going to try cutting the rings off one of her dummies and see if that stops her from ripping it out. That's why I luv ya!!

Oh gosh, I dunno what I'm gonna do...

My hubby joked that she is going to call me over to her apartment when she is in college to wrap her up like a burrito!! LMAO.

I'm going to have to get bigger socks, because hers are too tight for her fat wrists!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:42 pm

LOL,bless you Tiff.I feel for you and I feel so luck to have a relitavely good baby,having said that ,last night she screamed for about an hour,I had no milk left in me and I tried to make her some formula,she was NOT impressed.It was actually so funny to me coz she saw the teat (usually I pump if she gets a bottle which is very rare) and she got all excited,sucked down a moutful and then spat it back out at me and started screaming again.It was like she was saying 'screw this shit!Try and trick me...give me the REAL stuff,I aint having NONE of that " I gave her to hubby in the end.I was exausted and had a migraine.He was not impressed to be handed a screaming baby but I had to lay down in the dark and quiet.

I hope the cutting the rings off works better for you tiff,she is a little monkey isnt she? LOL It will settle down eventually.I think you will find something that works for her one day and all this will end!hugs!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Ya. I know that she will sleep like a normal person eventually. Probably by the time she does, I'll have another newborn! LOL.

It's cool. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right??
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:47 pm

or..."what doesnt kill you...makes you wanna die" LMFAO!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content