Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Tell me... am I over feeding her or something?

+2
galaxy
Lily*Blossom
6 posters

Go down

Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? Empty Tell me... am I over feeding her or something?

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:18 pm

LM is just heavy! She weighs 27 pounds (96th percentile for weight) and she is 31 inches tall (81st for height). This is what she eats/drinks pretty much every day.

7:30 a.m.- 8 ounce bottle of milk
8 a.m.- stage 2 fruit puree with 1/4 cup baby oatmeal and whole milk mixed in.
11:45 am- 6 ounce bottle
12:00 p.m.- Stage 2 jar of baby food then some finger food after like fruit or crackers. She still doesn't chew well, she gags on everything.
3:00 p.m- stonyfield farms organic baby yogurt with a cracker. She gets a sippy cup full of cold water which she usually finishes before dinner.
6 p.m- 8 ounce bottle of milk
6:15 pm- Finger foods of whatever we had for dinner, she usually gags on most of it, and barely eats any of it, so I then top her up with a jar of stage 2 baby food.
1-2 a.m.- 4-6 ounces of milk, it just depends on how much she decides to drink.

And that's it really. Am I over feeding her??? I am so worried that I am. She is just so heavy, and she eats what I give her and refuses food if she doesn't want it.

Just wanted your opinions.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? Empty Re: Tell me... am I over feeding her or something?

Post  galaxy Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:14 pm

It does sound like she is having an awful lot of milk PL. At that age Molly was having a cup of milk first thing and a bottle before bed. That's sufficient calcium if they are eating yogurt and other dairy too. You will probably find that if you cut it down then she will be moew interested in the solids. I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that she doesn't like lumpy stuff. If she has more solids it will give her more practice at chewing and that will come eventually. Hope that helps hun.

Since about 1 year Molly has pretty much followed this routine and she is on 95th centile for height and 75th for weight.

6am cup of milk, only drinks about 5oz

7.30am cereal and sometimes fruit

12.00am lunch, main meal and pudding, either yogurt or fruit

04.00pm dinner, main meal and pudding, jelly or yogurt

07.00pm milk from a bottle, about 8oz, then straight to bed

She also has water when she likes from her cup throughout the day
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? Empty Re: Tell me... am I over feeding her or something?

Post  Gutter Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm not too sure Tiff, but WOW she is really that heavy!!! Audrey just hit 26 lbs at 19 mths. After a year I only gave Audrey 8 oz of milk in the morning and night. In the afternoon she got 8 oz of water or juice. Did her doctor seem concerned?

It took a long time for Audrey to get efficient at eating solids without choking or gagging (which she still does on occasion since she inhales all her food, lol). I think she should be eating pretty much whatever you are eating cut up really small.

This is Audrey's feeding schedule since she was a year old:

Breakfast - 1 egg, 1 pancake, toast with peanut butter and bananas, or a bowl of cheerios with cut up bananas.

Snack - 8 oz of milk

Lunch - whatever I can find....

Snack - 8 oz of water with crackers, cookies, raisins, fruit, whatever is good for a snack

Dinner - whatever I make

Evening - 8 oz of milk

Audrey is also in the 50-75th percentile for weight (26 lbs) and 95th percentile for height (35 inches)

Last edited by Gutter on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:44 pm

It seems like a lot of milk to me too. I agree that if you give her less milk she'll probably eat better/more at meal time.
This is our schedule. Keep in mind that at 1 yr. Owen weighs 21.2 pounds, is 29 3/4" long and is in the 25th percentile for weight and the 50th for height.

9:00 6 oz bottle (we are about to start weaning from bottle to sippy cup)
9: 30 or 10 - half of a banana and 1/4 cup of cheerios or a blueberry muffin
12:30 - lunch is usually 1/2 cup of a Gerber graduate pasta cup with a 4oz prepackaged English peas, carrots or green beans or a prepackaged cup of applesauce - sometimes I cut up fresh fruit instead
2:00 - 6 oz bottle
4:30ish - snack of diluted juice and goldfish crackers or cheerios
6:00 Dinner - usually whatever we are having OR a stage 3 meat/veggie with another 4oz of veggies
8:00 6oz bottle

I've noticed recently we usually have one bottle a day that he doesn't finish by as little as an ounce and as much as two ounces.
I give water or diluted juice freely since it's so hot here and I keep snacks like goldfish or cheerios with me at all times if we are out. If he gets fussy I whip out the treats!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm

LM is about on the same as Lucy. I feed one less Stage 2 fruit, and not the yogurt, but I give her those freeze dried yoghurt drops and animal crackers.

Honestly I don't think she looks bad at all in pictures. She is high in the weight percentile, but LM is a tall girl too, so I think that kinda balances it out. I wouldn't worry too much about her weight at this point if I were you. I think babies kinda do their own thing when it comes to that. You are not 'force feeding' her, and you are giving her good healthly food,not junk. I see lots of babies at story time in the library, can you believe there were 60 last week? Anyways, sizewise LM looks to be about par with most the ones about her age that I see there.

My book says at a year babies should be getting 24 ounces formula/milk per day, and adding food into that. So I have not taken away any of her formula, just tried to start adding to it. Lucy also drinks a couple partial glasses of water a day, but here in the desert they need extra moisture just like we do to keep from dehydrating.

Kirk worked with a guy at his last job that had a baby that was a chunk and OMG, LM looks like a fashion model next to that little girl. When she was LM height she had to be at least twice her size, I am not kidding you.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18386
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:55 pm

I'd say that LM is drinking about 24 ounces of milk, and about 8-10 ounces of water in a 24 hour period. LM is super tall, and I'm sure she'll start to thin out now that she is walking around. I worry about her fluid intake, Arizona is super hot and dry, it's really easy to get dehydrated, and she still isn't too crazy about water or juice.

Dollysmomma- thanx for letting me know how much milk she should be drinking. She is drinking about 24 ounces of milk, since she doesn't always finish her bottles. I find that if I feed her first and then offer her a bottle, she won't take the fluids. So she gets a bottle in the morning, one before her lunch, and one before bed time. At night she wakes up for a drink, but for the past week or so, she has only been drinking about 4 ounces and then pushing the bottle away during that night time waking.

She is really solid and tall, so I guess she just needs to stretch taller and not gain weight as steadily. My husband's mom said that she was convinced he was gonna be the fattest kid in school because he was just like LM tall and chunky, and then all of the sudden he just stopped gaining weight, but grew taller, and he was tall and skinny for the rest of his life, and he still is Smile/happy

Thanks Lou Lou, Galaxy, and Gutter for sharing your feeding schedules, it helps me to compare Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:07 pm

tiff, how active is LM? I can't really compare to her to thane seeing that is only 22 lbs soaken wet and is a little taller than LM. But, he doesn't eat anywhere near enough IMO but he nurses and gets a lot of milk that way but who knows how much!

it doesn't sound like she is overfed at all. and if she isn't really very mobile, once she is she will even out. you are just gonna have a big healthy beautiful girl on your hands Wink
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20104

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:09 pm

didn't you just recently take her to the doctor? If he/she didn't say anything about it I would worry either!
She IS very tall and my doctor said the second year of like they usually gain weight at a much slower pace.

You know, my SIL's little boy is the same age as LM and he's the same height and weight.....

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Tiff - when I am out running around in the truck I always have a glass of ice water. I have started taking a sippy cup of water for Lucy too, and you would be surprised how much of it she will drink while we are driving and going in and out of stores and stuff.

-course by the time we get home it is just water........
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:22 pm

Ginny- LM has just started really getting around with this whole walking thing in the past 2 weeks. She was still having a hard time a few weeks ago, but now she tries to run, and is very balanced and sturdy for the most part. I'll bet she starts to thin out Smile/happy

DM- I do bring a sippy cup full of ice water for LM where ever we go. So far she just throws it on the ground, the little stinker, so I have to monitor her when she has the cup in her hands.

She also knows how to sign "eat" so when she does, I know she is hungry and I'll give her some water first and then a cracker or something.

Lou Lou- I did just take her for her well child check up, and the nurse said that they stretch out tall and stop gaining weight so rapidly once they are walking, so I'm looking forward to that. She is my cute little chunker!!!

Smile/happy

Tell me... am I over feeding her or something? Whosafatty
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Tiff - she looks just FINE to me!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Lou Lou wrote:Tiff - she looks just FINE to me!!!!!

Baby boobies and all Smile/happy Tee Hee Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:16 am

She looks fine to me too - (except she is losing the 'baby' and starting to look 'toddler' lol).

She is still half of that other little girl I was telling you about.

Today at the story time at the library the little girl next to us was only 2 weeks older than Lucy, but I bet she was approaching LM's height and weight. She looked fine, just like a big solid girl too. And yes, she even had the ''baby boobies'' too (she was crawling and her top went south lol.)
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down