Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
need some advice EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
need some advice EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
need some advice EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
need some advice EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
need some advice EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
need some advice EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
need some advice EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
need some advice EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
need some advice EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

need some advice Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

need some advice

5 posters

Go down

need some advice Empty need some advice

Post  LeanneWhitney Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:23 am

hey guys im breast feeding my 8 day old but haveing little problem she wouldn't latch on so they gave me a nipple guard because i was in the icu for a week, I now got her laching on sometimes is abit fussy and i have to pick her back up relax her try again, She will only go in the rugby hold (football hold) but its like if i move her slightly we have to go through a whole 10-30 min proses of relaxing and getting her latch on again.I dont so much mind that as i know she will eventual get it as she getting better at it, My problem is she will eat fall asleep allllllllooooot and then second i put her down she still hungry so i have keep doing it over and over the nurse told me wet cloth run it around her head keep her awake and she sleeps through it i burp her then takes time get her back on, what means no sleep for me really because she eating little often unless i pump n feed her what i don't want to do alot if i can help it. Any advise on how keep her awake with out making her get wound up so much that takes her while latch back on?
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 281
Loyalty Rating : 18091
Registration date : 2009-02-01

http://www.youravon.com/leannewhitney

Back to top Go down

need some advice Empty Re: need some advice

Post  Lou Lou Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:32 am

I remember going through that with Owen! It was so frustrating because I knew he needed to eat!
Do you undress her? That seemed to help Owen. I would also lightly tickle his feet. It sounds mean but I was very gentle and just did for a few seconds.
You should see an improvement in her alertness soon. I think I struggled with Owen fighting sleep for the first two weeks or so and then he would stay awake long enough to eat - except in the middle of the night - it was always a struggle to get him to eat in the night.

I wish I had some great advice but I DO think you'll see improvements very soon. I nursed in the football position too and when he was bigger I would nurse laying down at night and that was great!!!! I'd usually wake up a few hours later with him still attached to my boob sound asleep! : )

Hang in there - it DOES get better!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:43 am

i have been un swaddling her but i;; try undressing her and she ticklish so that should work in my favor lol thanks
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Did tickling help any?

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:36 am

for a little while then she like ahhh forget it lol
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:13 am

I remember having the same problem with Kian when he was a newborn. I hated the idea of shocking him with a wet cold wash cloth. So I would nurse him, then when he fell asleep, I would sit him up to burp him or rub his feet or pet him. I also talked to him and interacted with him or I would often switch the boob and have him latch again in the other side. And sometimes I would just let him sleep. This problem solved itself when he got a little older and stayed up more and was more alert. It will get better...
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:34 pm

wet hair dont seem bother her but i found talking to her n cuddling between took away alot of the crying stress when trying latch on she slowly staying awake longer i just been messing with her till she evetuly just like forget im im going sleep but i been leaving her there a while she will wake up n eat some time shortly after Smile/happy thanks for the advise
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Don't feel guilty if you want to give her a bottle of milk during the night time hours. I put so much pressure on myself about breast feeding. I was a zombie, emotional, and feeling awful. I was pumping around the clock. Once we decided that during the night I would pump once at midnight and she would have bottles at night only, it was much better. I was a much better mother to her when I had more sleep.

In the end I ended up giving expressed milk and formula because she just never caught on to breast feeding and I was screaming in pain. I will try again for the next baby, but I just wanted to let you know that I beat myself up so hard over the breastfeeding and felt so guilty. Don't beat yourself up like I did honey. You should never feel guilty about breast feeding. The moment you feel that way, it's good to consider supplementing with expressed milk/bottles at night.

I totally support breastfeeding, just know that if your little one has latch problems there is nothing wrong with giving her bottles at night.

Plus it gives her time to bond with Daddy as well.

xxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:27 pm

thanks hun that made me feel alot better and less guilty for getting stressed at night in day i got time in the word for her be a lil slow on eating but night is easyer give her milk i have formiler just incase going try sticking to breast milk but she eats so much some times i just cant pump enough for her
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Oh, I hadn't even thought about the stress you may be feeling. Tiff, I'm so glad you said something.
I couldn't produce enough for Owen at night either and I routinely fed him a bottle of formula every evening.
I was able to get some much needed sleep and Owen had a nice full tummy!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey hun,I know we spoke when I saw you at the weekend! (BTW people Cloie is even MORE gorgeous and cute in the flesh and it's so weird to hold a newborn after only a year or so since I had oneLOL),but I think you are doing great. It might help if you are prepared in knowing that there will be 'growth spurts' usually at around 3-5 weeks,6 -8 weeks,3 months,6 months and so on,sometimes some in between.When these times happen,baby will want to feed (it will seem like) every 10 minutes for up to a week,it sucks and it will make you tired BUT,it wont continue like that forver,the reason babies do this is because the more often they feed (even if they don't take in much milk) they are stimulating your body to produce more milk,the more they feed the more you body will make,IT'S LIKE they come prewired/programmed to know exactly how to make their milk supply or just enough for what they will need.So if you can just hang in there during the times when she will be constantly latched on,usually after 3-5 days it will spread out again (the time between feeds) but you will go through these phases,when you do,I suggest drinking even more water,the more you drink the easier it will be to make milk.And get more rest if you can! Hugs and courag eto you ,you are already doing so great ! <3
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21313
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

need some advice Empty update on her feeding

Post  LeanneWhitney Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Smile/happy yay she latching so much better today i found pumping a lil milk in the bottle like a ounce and giving it her first lil taste then replacing it with my boob then same again when swiching or when she gets a lil fussy but it worked hehe Smile/happy
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:44 pm

That's great news, Leanne. I totally remember doing that with Kian when we first started getting the hang of BFing. It worked and after w while he could latch on just fine by himself. Glad to hear it is going better. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:08 pm

thank you feeling less doubtfull now was worried she wouldnt bring the milk where it need be but she doing good today yay
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 am

It's a process hun,take time,but you just got to push through n you will bothget it.Well done for doing good so far! hugs xx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21313
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content