Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant?

4 posters

Go down

Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? Empty Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant?

Post  Angel Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:10 am

Ok,so as some of you may know,our fmaily,especially my son,have been on the feingold diet (www.feingold.org) for a little over 7 months now.It has so far cured my son of his ADHD ( I didn't mention but I DID have him officially diagnosed with ADHD and there was also a speculation of some kind of sensory proccessing dissorder because of his lack of abbility to cope and his freaking out at ANY pain or discomfort.I researched and cried and complained to you guys here and after a while,I discovered that not only would a 'regular' teacher not take him as he was,(and fair enough I have to say) but that he would deffinately have to be on medication for his behaviour.It all just didn't feel right to me. (Bear with me this IS relevent to fertility) ANyway,I found the feingold diet and decided to order the shopping guide and other support materials and give it a try.At first due to out moving and the new baby,I only sort of did the diet,some days I saw improvement and some days he was backto normal,but then we moved and I decided to commit ENTIRELY to it,now,even our neighbours reffer back to how much Teo has changed since that first week of our arrival.He is calm (as much as a normal 5 year old LOL) he is 'normal' a word I would have rebelled against when he was a baby,I wanted for him to be different,orriginal and special,but not like he was,I still wanted him to be happy and able to fit in.Now,I am happy to report,we are finally seeing the 'true' Teo,he is loving sand kind,thoughtful and fun,He LISTENS to me,he is no longer perpetually angry,he is no longer so frustrated by simple tasks,he can put his SOCKS ON!In about 30 seconds,whereas before it was a 20 minute ordeal filled with sceaming and tantrums,he can follow more than one step instructions without getting sidetracked.Best of all,he has friedns and is generally happy and secure,my day is less filled with stress,in fact about 90% less I would say,and my favourite part of all,I am no longer wanting to get rid of him all day,he is a sweety to be around.I can stay in the same room as him without feeling like he's driving me insane.Don't get me wrong he still gets exctied,but he listens now!He is a wonderful little boy who I feel I have finally been allowed to meet,also our fears of him being rejected by studnets and teachers alike along with him not being able to focus or study are now gone,these past two weeks he has received a green day (they get green for good behaviour,listening .working etc... yellow for a mistake /not listening or not working well, red for something bad like disobeying repeatedly,not working ,getting up,not staying in ones place and messing with other kids of hitting) He has had green days every day for 10 consecutive school days and he's only 4 weeks in,the only days he got yelloe and red were when I put some styling product in his hair.

OK,stop!I know some of you are thinking,this chick is crazy!Styling product,diet change affecting behaviour,I kinda thought so too,but as I read the studies (that have been going on for OVER 35 years) read the book 'why your child is hyper active by dr Ben feingold,longtime pediatrician and allergist for kids AND adults,seen his AMAZING discoveries PROVED and tested) and of course my OWN real life proof and proof of MANY other stories of mothers and their children recovering from various ailemetns,from behavioural to phsycial to menatal health.I sincerely believe that diet is the answer for almost every ailement in the western world.Of course there are exceptions,but when you look at the evidence it's so cut and dried and PROVEN. ANyway,so I'll try and summarise this and these weeks and months of knowledge that I have absorbed which have collectively change the way I see food for good.I trully hope some of you are willing to try it for at least six weeks and hopefully will see benifits and stick to it,I think it's SO important.

The very very basic way of putting it is, Certain chemicals that are put into foods act in the same way as either a drug or poisen to certain people,these people are reffered to as 'chemicaly sensitive' My son is one,and I know many more,It affects everyone differently,some people have hives,some people have asthma,some people have deprression,some people have ADHD,some have skin rashes and dissorders,others have bedwetting and digestive problems,this is only the tip of the iceburg,there are MANY MNAYmore problems caused by food dyes,/colourings and preservatives TBHQ,BHT,BHA and all E numbers for those of you in the UK.Many of the foods we consume today in the western world are reffered to by feingold members as 'non food foods' in other words things like skittles and jelly (jello) actually do not contain ANYfood,or anything that even resembles food on a mollecullar level.NO food,so basically all you are consuming is chemcials,Now again this is a very very short version of what is actually out there as far as information,and of course NO government studies on this because of course,this world is money driven the FDA (food and drug administration) and the departments of healht and agriculture recieve payments per APPROVAL for food and drugs rested not per test,so they have motivation there,I am not going to go off on my beliefs there or suggest there is some conspiracy ,I am simply saying that one should consider the possibilty of 'just because it's not talked about doesn't mean it's not true or doesnt exist'.Either way for someone such as myself,the proff of the pudding is in the eating of said pudding.I have seen far too many real life examples and read far too many real life stuides now,to not believe it.

So,here's where fertility comes in,there have been studies on lab rats/mice with some of these food dyes and other chemicals that some of you no doubtedly consume on a daily bassis.These studies show decrease in ovulation,conception,increase in fertility diseases,PCOS,increase in birth deffects,even some cancers! (it actually affects your DN Astrands) and generally does not allow your body to be in a good state to conceive,for sensitive people,I would say it's like taking a dose of ANTI fertility drug everyday or almost everyday.Where are the culprits? In your food,in the products you use,(mouth wash,toothpaste,hairspray,cleaning products) Anything obviously brightly colours,your daily little fix of skittles,your seemingly healhty vitamins and pills (containing dyes that KNOWINGLY cause adverse effects yet still somehow are available and readily used in the USA and other countries. Also makes sense on a statistical point of view,countries like France weho are agasint the whole 'fast food' movement generally have EXTREMELY lower rates of many of the ailments in the US.Such as ADHD,Asthma,obesity etc...why is that? Maybe it's just a conincidence,or maybe it's because they rarely use if at all any food colourings and preservatives,they deffend their right to eat only 'pure ' foods. And by pure,I do not mean organic,no we on the feingold diet,still eat packaged foods,still eat cookies,still eat chips (crisps) still eat ice cream,still eat candy (sweets) even. My son is in no way depreived. So "Is it more expensive ?"I hear you all say Perhaps a little more on some products but less on others,buying synthtic flavoured and individually packaged porridge/oatmeal for exmapl is quite expensive while a pound of rolled oats (for you to make and add your own sugar to is quite cheap) .Do I have to cook everything from scratch? Nope,again,I am hardly a domestic goddess,I do sometimes cook,but only when I feel the deisre,there are pleanty of other options,or quick meals,there are also feingold cookbooks and thins to try... what about fast food? Yes you can still have fast food,the feingold package comes with a list of restaurants (US only) that are ok and what you can order form their menu and what it contains.It is a lifestyle changem,but once you see the benifits and leanr more and more,I will bet you anything at some point,you wil be horrified with how you used to eat and how the people around you eat.

I am currently trying to get his to happen in some schools on a pilot programme.It has been done before and HUGE differences in the student scores were recorded,MASSIVE improvements in record time,anyway,another story,.

But I have heard of and met serval women who have changed their diets to get pregnant,my dear Friend Mia informed me that she tried for 5 YEARS! Then she switched her diet,eliminating chemicals (she is NOT On the feingold diet,just made her own version and didn't know about it until we recently met,but it's pretty much the same ) and preservatives as much as she could,she lost 15lbs and got pregnant within I think 3 months! Is that a conincidence? She now has 2 beautiful healhty children after 5 years of 'infertility?' I am not promissing you anything of course,but what IF? Anyway,please try it ladies... here is the link to the just SOME of the fertility article studies from the feingold diet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9698761?dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8713715?dopt=Abstract

http://www.feingold.org/pg-research.htmlhttp://www.feingold.org/pg-research.html (this is a whole page of the study links so you can pick your own o read,they have various ones about the effects of dyes on things like breast cancer,liver and other major organs,very interesting )

One last thing,I believe that the body is born/built (unless severely damaged/dissabled) with the basic programe,self healing and reproduction and of course survival,our bodies are intellient,amazing and wonderful organisms,our cells are intelligetn and just like when you get a cut,it heals itself.It does JUST what it's supposed to do,unless you introduce something on a regular bassis,be it a drug,a chemical or a poisen or stress on such a regular bassis that it does not have time to recover and is constantly in 'sick or deffense mode' this wears your body out and doesn't give it a breather which as well as the destruction the chemical/poisen/drug/stress causes, your body is exasuted from sonstantly having to fight,perhaps this is why no one seems to have any energy anymore,run down,more colds,weaker immune systems (maybe also thanks to us disinfecting everything,that I don't know LOL) but I believe that if you doing somehting everyday that prevents your body from doing its' job,even in small dose,it can cause you any number of ailemtns and problems,These manifest in everyway. This diet is not difficult to follow,it takes some getting used to but if "I" can do it,any of you can trust me.Sorry if I seem over zealous about it,things just make more and more sense and I SEE it all around me now,it works and I want to share it with all of you.Feingold diet asside there are many other studies on the effects of diet and stress on fertility (as well as everything else) Anyway,I hope you will look into it more and maybe try it. I think of you ladies everyday even if I don't post and pray for you all to have your very own helahty little BFP's! I hope you all don't think I am crazy,I didn't beleive it either at first!Now I would never go back!

Love you all!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21373
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? Empty Re: Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant?

Post  lindzee Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:18 am

Wow, thank you for taking the time to type this all out for us Angel! I just read through the whole thing and am really wanting to learn and read more. I have heard of this before from other people as well who have got the same results as you have and it all has to add to mean something! Thank you for sharing this and your experiences as well!
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 703
Loyalty Rating : 19836
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? Empty Re: Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant?

Post  Angel Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:22 am

Also,this is a (HUGE) list of all the names of additives used in the USE ,the date they are approved and what they can be found in (food,drugs,make up) if you just have a quick scan of the right collum,see if you consume it (eg masacra,toothpaste or 'food product') and see how many you consume on a daily bassis!

http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/ColorAdditives/ColorAdditiveInventories/ucm115641.htm
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 am

lindzee wrote:Wow, thank you for taking the time to type this all out for us Angel! I just read through the whole thing and am really wanting to learn and read more. I have heard of this before from other people as well who have got the same results as you have and it all has to add to mean something! Thank you for sharing this and your experiences as well!

Smile/happy you're very welcome! ask me anything n I'll try n find you the answer!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks for this Holi! I was JUST thinking about it last night. I read about this e-book called The Pregnancy Miracle (gotta double-check that but I think it's right) and I think it might address the same diet issues. It DID have the same basic premise that we're poisoning (for lack of a better word) our bodies with what we put into them. I was seriously thinking of getting the e-book -- "only" $39, so compared to what I've spent on acupuncture, and drugs and proceedures not covered by insurance, that's nothing.

I need to re-read your post and check out the links!

Ok just double-checked and it is The Pregnancy Miracle and you can check it out here, if you're interested (long website though!). http://pregnancymiracle.com/
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22737
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks Beth,will check it out,all relative information is great to have on hand for us ladies I think! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Diet Stopping you from Getting pregnant? Empty hey

Post  DD627 Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:22 pm

a. i would just like to say, I LOVE being a regular education teacher thank sto you, cause you make me feel so good about understanding children who might learn different.

b. thanks.. for all thatinfo, and everything else =)
DD627
DD627

Number of posts : 10
Loyalty Rating : 16119
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:36 am

Awww Denise!You're so sweet!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:50 pm

ok, I think I'm overwhelmed.....

Just printed out this thread so I can read it more easily. Checked out the Feingold link but, *sigh* I think I'm just confused about what I'm supposed to be doing.....
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:46 am

OK Beth,I know at first glance it can look confusing,I am not always great with my words and explaining myself ,for someone who writes stories and songs,it's not good :/

So I'll try to recap it for you;

* The feingold diet eilminates the chemicals found in our foods,namely preservatives,food dyes and artificial flavourings such as vanillin (instead of vanilla) Or sometimes things that have been treated with chemicals that we then consume,put on our skin or breathe in in excess.it sounds like 'oh my god I'm gonna have to buy all organic and change EVERYTHING' it's really not the case.You know me,I am not domestic godess,or miss organised yet I still manage to do it for us.I tell you what could simplify things for you is to buy the shopping guides,it tells you foods that are approved,brands and types it's categorized and easy to use,after 2-3 shopping trips you'll know what to buy and where.I guarentee you ,you can take pretty much everything in your pantry/fridge and buy a safe version of it.The food guide costs a little BUT,it's not more than you would spend on a couple of sessions for accu or a docs visit.You may even find that other helath complaints that you or hubby had before just vannish and that you feel overall healhtier. Smile/happy You do have to stick to it and not cheat but like I said,everythign you eat now,can be found in a 'safe version' it's not an all organic diet and it's not more expensive,well in some ways it might be,but cheaper in others.I will send you the FAQ question of the site.I am sorry for making it sound so complicated.Like I said,I am not very good at explaining things! I hope you try it.Like I said,my friend went on the diet,and lost 16lbs and got pregnant after trying for 5 years.She was 24 when she started trying,no other 'health problems' or things that would affect fertility.She lost a pound per week and got preg 4 months after being on the elimination diet Smile/happy I hope this gives you some hope and inspires you to try it! Smile/happy

here you go sweetheart!love you !

http://www.feingold.org/pg-faq.html xxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks Angel. I'll try again. I've started looking at ingredients, and geez, it gets ridiculous. I'm not sure I could do this entirely. Cut back, sure. Eliminate it all? Sounds really tough.

I heard about a book called The Fertility Diet by Sarah Dobbyn but it's a UK book. I found another book in the US by someone different. I'm getting it from the library tonight. Maybe it'll have some insight into all this. And it's free, lol.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down