Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Pregnant after a miscarriage? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Pregnant after a miscarriage? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pregnant after a miscarriage?

4 posters

Go down

Pregnant after a miscarriage? Empty Pregnant after a miscarriage?

Post  Georgi Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:31 am

Please be brave and post your story here, we'd love to hear from you!

Last edited by Georgi on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21387
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Pregnant after a miscarriage? Empty Re: Pregnant after a miscarriage?

Post  Gutter Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:53 pm

I found out I was pregnant after Christmas in 2006. About 2 weeks after getting around the fact that I was indeed pregnant, I started spotting. The spotting was ongoing for the week and by the end of the week it started getting bright so I went to the ER. While I was there they took some blood work and found out that my HCG levels were as if I was 1 week pregnant, but I would of been anywhere from 6 to 7 weeks pregnant. He confirmed it as a miscarriage after my internal ultrasound saying there was nothing left behind and that my body did it's job Cry That also confirmed the clots I had seen unfortunately and I was so much in denial. The ER doctor told me to make sure I had 1 cycle before trying to conceive again, but my fiance and I had not been careful enough and instantly got pregnant right after my miscarriage. I don't remember if he just didn't pull out the one time or if it happened using the pull out method, I have completely forgotten.

My daughter was born weighing 9 lbs 9.5 oz on November 6th, 2007 and is such a big beautiful healthy baby girl!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20101
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:24 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss xx Your baby girl is so cute !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17680
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks Helen, you are sooo sweet hun!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20101
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Aww no worries xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17680
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:25 pm

Well, I fell pregnant for the first time in November 2006. I was due August 10th, 2007. When I was 5 weeks, I started spotting red blood. I went in for a scan, and they couldn't see anything as it was too early, so I had to wait another agonizing 2 weeks for a second scan. The second scan was really quick, and they told me there was a heartbeat. However, during my wait for the second scan and after I still continued to spot red and brown blood daily. I felt like something was very wrong. I also had SEVERE nausea and vomiting, I couldn't even eat crackers without being sick. I was shaking constantly from hunger.

At my 12 week scan they put the wand on my belly and the lady was very quiet, then all of the sudden told me that the baby was gone, and hadn't developed past 9 weeks. I was devastated. I had continued to be violently ill even during the weeks that the baby had passed on.

I had a D&C in the hospital. At the time we were living in the UK. I had severe bleeding after my procedure, and almost had to have a blood transfusion. I had to stay in hospital for 4 days.

I continued to have bleeding even up to 6 weeks after the removal of the fetus. I finally went in for another scan and it was found that there was remaining tissues. After being sent into theatre for another scrape, just before the procedure a doctor came running in to stop it. They found out I had suffered a partial molar pregnancy. The definition of that is as follows:
A partial molar pregnancy is a variation of a molar pregnancy, an abnormal pregnancy in which an embryo (the fertilized egg) either develops incompletely, or doesn’t develop at all. Instead, a cluster of grape-like cysts (known as a hydatidiform mole) grows in the uterus. In a partial molar pregnancy, an incomplete embryo and placenta (the sac in which the fetus grows) may actually start to develop.A partial molar pregnancy is a genetic accident. In a normal pregnancy, the egg receives one set of 23 chromosomes from the father and one set of 23 chromosomes from the mother, for a total of 46 chromosomes. In a partial molar pregnancy, the egg receives two sets of chromosomes from the father, usually because two sperm have fertilized the egg. The egg now has 69 chromosomes, instead of the normal 46.
Molar pregnancies occur approximately once every 1,000 pregnancies. They are more common in women who are older than 40 years and in women who have had two or more miscarriages. Partial molar pregnancies occur less frequently. In partial molar pregnancies, HCG levels reach abnormally high levels, which may cause severe nausea and vomiting.

The remaining tissue had caused a massive infection in my uterus, and I was told that they weren't sure if it had damaged my ability to have children. On top of that, I had to be given a drug called methotrexate, a drug they give cancer patients, because I had what was deemed to be gestational trophoblastic disease, which is basically left over molar tissue that can behave like a tumor and grow and spread to other parts of the body. They monitor this by checking HCG levels every 2 weeks, and luckily mine steadily declined and reached zero within an appropriate amount of time, and I did not need any further treatments.

7 months after the loss of my pregnancy, I conceived my daughter. My doctor was both amazed and horrified that I had conceived. They tell you to wait 6 months to a year before conceiving after this condition, as there is a risk for a fetus. My daughter was perfect. She is so precious to me. I know that God blessed me and healed me. I never lost hope, and I want you all to know that miracles can happen, especially if you keep positive thoughts.

I wanted everyone to know that the members of this website supported me through my tough time. This is an online support community that truly is made up of amazing people who really care.

Thank you to all who helped me through my ordeal, and God bless Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20892
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down