Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
TTC and 90 Day Cycle! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

TTC and 90 Day Cycle! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

TTC and 90 Day Cycle!

3 posters

Go down

TTC and 90 Day Cycle! Empty TTC and 90 Day Cycle!

Post  briecheese Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey ladies,

I need some feedback. My hubby and I are ttc #2. We decided at the beginning of the summer to start trying but my cycle is being really weird. 90 days long! I always have long cycles 45-60 days but this is unheard of. I have taken a couple of HPT so I'm sure I'm not pregnant. Just trying to figure out when we should be trying has been difficult. Back in June I had like 1 day of EWCM. Then in July I had like 3 days of EWCM but also had the stomach flu. Two weeks latter no AF or + test. So we were just on vacation and I had like 4 days of EWCM. So I guess I am in the two week wait. I'm not sure if I even ovulated though. My temps have been everywhere. I used an OPK but never got a positive. Then I read you are supposed to use those in the afternoon not am. So seriously I have no idea what is going on with my body. Last time we got pregnant super fast and I was certain I was ovulating. Now I'm not even sure if I ovulated. Since those first 4 days my cm has fluctuated from watery to creamy to some EWCM again.

So do you think I should get my hopes up and try to pick a test date?

briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 67
Loyalty Rating : 17196
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://www.camandjenjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

TTC and 90 Day Cycle! Empty Re: TTC and 90 Day Cycle!

Post  BethG Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:07 pm

hey brie, don't think we've ever spoken but I do remember you from the other place and here too. Anyway, I've had a few long cycles too, as long as 70+ days. And my problem is not ovulating or ovulating late for those cycles. If your temps are all over the place, you might consider vaginal temping instead. It might help you see a pattern better. If you click on my chart, you can see my last cycle was a long annovulatory one, but my temps were pretty steady for awhile before they started getting jumpy.

I don't have much advice on how to proceed with this cycle other than to wait it out. Frustrating, I know.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22674
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey hun - just a thought are you still breastfeeding at all? because breastfeeding will throw your cycles right off.

I never used to get positive OPK's but I found from trial and error the best time for me to use OPK's was from 6pm onwards, I would use up to 3 during an evening (when I saw EWCM) and finally I began to see positive OPK's Smile/happy

Beth's suggestion of taking your temp vaginally is a good one, you will see more consistant temps BUT when you are taking your temp is it at the same time everyday?? and after undisturbed sleep??

If I were you I think I would buy a cheap test and set a test date Smile/happy hopefully all of the above will be pointless as you will already be pregnant! x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21363
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey Georgi,

Thanks for the feedback. I normally temp as soon as I get up in the morning. But as you know with little ones that is different everyday. My temps have ranged from 97.4 to 98.1. But some mornings I temp at 5 and some at 7. Not sure how much this affects it.

I tested this morning just to see and got a BFN. I think I will wait a few days and test again on Friday. I have my yearly OB/GYN appt that day too. I'm just so frustrated cause I have no clue if I even ovulated. Last time we were TTC I was so certain which day I ovulated by monitoring mucus and taking temps. But this time I seriously have no clue.

This is also the longest cycle of my life. I'm not breastfeeding anymore so that isn't causing it. I teach aerobics and have been teaching a ton this summer and I'm wondering if all of the excercise is stopping ovulation. So I guess I just have to wait some more....
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Tested today. BFN!

Seriously, what is going on with my body?
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 am

Oh how frustrating! Sorry honey!!

Many factors can cause a delayed ovulation so I wouldn't rule out that in your case exercise could be. Unfortunately as you are more than aware stressing about TTC it is one of the main causes, I used to HATE it when people told me to stop stressing and just relax and it'll happen but I suppose they had a point - having said that it just worked out that I had long cycles, that's just the way my body ticks. My cycles weren't any shorter after having Theo BUT I did try something different with Klara and I conceived the first cycle I tried it and that was taking soy isoflavones. I took it on days 3-7 (5 days) it is basically a natural alternative to clomid. I had loads of EWCM straight after my period finished and I ovulated about 10 days earlier than my 'shorter' cycles. I highly recommend it (of course) and would take it again if we were to TTC again (which is unlikely).

You are doing everything right though as soon as you see EWCM you are very likely to ovulate 24-48 hours after your peak day (last day of EWCM) so if you are BDing around this time what more can you do! Your body can attempt to ovulate a few times before it actually does and although VERY frustrating at least you have some evidence that your body is trying it's best!

In regards to your temp, it's not ideal to take it at different times but I totally understand that with a LO it's difficult to stick to a set time. If it only varies by a couple of hours it shouldn't really make a huge difference in my opinion.

If you want to know anymore about the soy isoflavones I am more than happy to help. x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21363
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:23 am

Georgi-

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it!
I'm going to look into the soy for my next cycle. If only this cycle ever ends. Yesterday I got a ton more ewcm and it is still happening today. So maybe I'm ovulating....

I had my GYN appt on my Friday and my doctor prescribed progesterone to bring on a period. I'm a little skeptical to use it though. I hated birth control. I can't imagine this being any different. So I think I am going to give it a few more weeks.

But for right now we are still TTC this cycle.

briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down