Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens

5 posters

Go down

Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens Empty Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:43 pm

For those of you who have older children and would like advice, to vent, whatever. Post here Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens Empty Birthday parties

Post  crazymomwife Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 am

Ok, so my 8 year old is turning 9 this weekend, and we are getting a hotel room (my husband travels, so we have a million free nights) anyway, getting a room and having a pool party!! I am really excited, because our budget is really tight right now, and I was feeling bad about not being able to come up wtih something fun that wouldn't break the bank.
As a rule in our house, we only do bigger friend birthdays every other year, In between we still have a family party, etc...
Anyway, this year is his friend party, so I am excited that we found a way to make it work. He invited 12 kids!!! Then you have to add my 3 boys too!! I am not sure what I was thinking there but it should still be fun!

Does anyone have any ideas for good, inexpensive party favors for a pool party????
( oh and for 8 to 9 year old boys!)
Crystal
crazymomwife
crazymomwife

Number of posts : 25
Loyalty Rating : 16985
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.kcnykreim.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens Empty Re: Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens

Post  24Penguins Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:47 pm

hehe you could get them all water or squirt guns from the dollar store! all though, i can just imaging 15 boys with squirt guns running around a hotel.....
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens Empty Re: Mums of Older Kids, Teens, and Tweens

Post  crazymomwife Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:51 pm

I am laughing, as I was reading that this is how my thoughts went:
I read:
"hehe you could get them all water or squirt guns from the dollar store! "

I thought, oh my gosh, what a cute idea!!

Then I read on:
"all though, i can just imaging 15 boys with squirt guns running around a hotel....."

And got that clear image you created! Your right probly not a good idea! But! I could maybe do that, for them to take home and use later! I am sure all the moms will love me then!! Smile/happy
But you have me thinking, I bet I can get water goggles at the doller store!! hmmmm They won't last and probly won't work, but who knows! Smile/happy hee hee
Crystal
crazymomwife
crazymomwife

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymomwife Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:30 pm

In case anyone is interested the birthday party was a huge success. Which is very hard for a boy with OCD worrying and Aspergers. Anyway, he had a great day. We reserved a room at the La Quinta Inn and Suites and had a pool party.

I could not find goggles anywhere! Wrong time of year I guess, but just got some fun treats and put them in bags. The boys all swam for about and hour and a half, and the we had cake and presents in the breakfast room! It went very smooth and everyone had a great time. After all the boys left, we went out to pizza hut, (his choice) as a family and then went back to the room and watched a movie and went to sleep. It was a nice night.

So that one down, Thanksgiving next......
Crystal
crazymomwife
crazymomwife

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Aw I am glad he had a good night and everything went smoothly for you !Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:53 pm

thats great everyone had a good time!!!

hehe no squirt guns to send home to angry moms??
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:48 am

I am kinda worn out emotionally. The older kids go through this cycle every holiday. I guess it has something to do with their trauma from their past (adopted) but I am just over it and have no patience any more.

Every single flippin holiday they get up totally emotionally charged. Some litttle thing sets them off, and here we go again. My daughter has big emotional outburst. Crying, screaming, and yelling. Saying the most awful things about how she hates us and she knows she could get better parents, living anywhere else would be better than living with us, etc etc etc. My son usually has a slightly longer fuse but then has his own emotional outbursts, usually getting in trouble then getting angry and crying and arguing about it. Not the drama like my daughter though, who has never totally attached to us. Yesterday he spent most of the day in the office at school because he couldn't get himself under control, and missed part of their valentine's day celebration.

Then later it is out of their system and they are all bright and chipper and act like it never happened. But I don't let go of things that easy - I expect an apology to start with. It just sucks all the joy and fun out of holidays, and I don't k now how to change it or break the pattern. Not to mention the husband and I have been fighting this week so there's no support there - but I know he has about had it too. Sometimes I wish we could pack her off to a group home for the weekend so she could see how much worse life could be, but with my luck she'd probably have a fun weekend and decide that was the life for her.

Don't really expect any solutions, just wanted to went a little.....
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:57 am

I'm sorry DM ***hugs*** I think it's probably just as hard with kids that arent adopted if I'm anytig to go by,My parents would dispair with me,I would repeatedly tell them I hated them in my early teens and by age 16 I left home because I was ready and there would have been a death among s if I didn't.I am probably not making you feel any better coz i know it's hard but you are not alone in the world for sure and I am also sue that one day she WILL appreciate you and tell you so,she just probably can't right now! **hugs***
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:00 pm

DM you are such a great mom. I'm sorry that things are difficult for you around the holidays. You are doing a great thing for these kids, and they are so lucky to have you. One day they will be old enough to deal with their emotions and it will get better. Right now they just get angry because it's all they know how to do to deal with the hurt and memories.

xxxxxxxx

Vent as much as you need to.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down