Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mums of babies 12-18 months EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mums of babies 12-18 months Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mums of babies 12-18 months

+4
petal4
24Penguins
brown eyed girl
Georgi
8 posters

Go down

Mums of babies 12-18 months Empty Mums of babies 12-18 months

Post  Georgi Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:56 am

Get posting ladies lol
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Mums of babies 12-18 months Empty Re: Mums of babies 12-18 months

Post  brown eyed girl Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 am

So, I'm in Babies R Us yesterday and I run into a pregnant woman and of course I start asking questions- when is she due, how is she feeling, does she know if it's a boy or girl, etc...Now, we were having a conversation and these questions naturally came up over time. I didn't just start bombarding with her a million questions all at once out of the blue, lol! She's 27 and she has a little girl who is 2 and she is almost due with her 2nd baby, a baby boy.

It seems that the overwhelming majority of the women I know and meet online or in "real" life who have a first child Donovan's age or a little older are either pregnant or have plans to become pregnant within the next year, and yet, I feel no overwhelming or even small desire to this...

Now, like all you Moms, I love my kid to death- would do anything for him, throw myself in front of a bus for him etc, but I don't want another one! I feel like I am missing the "mommy gene" or something b/c I am definitely in the minority on this one. Most women/couples want two kids at least. Hmmmpt! What's wrong with me lol?

For example, Donovan recently started walking on September 12th and I'm just tickled about it. However, my best friend and a lot of other of my online mom firends cried when their babies reached this milestone b/c they felt some kind of "loss" that their "baby" is no longer a "baby baby" anymore. For me, the more independent Donovan becomes, the more in control of my life again I feel and the happier I am. Truly, I think I am missing the "want to have another baby gene" b/c it's simply not there for me and I seem to be in the overwhelming minority here. My husband is totally cool with only one child too, and he's a natural with kids. I think if I got PG again, he'd be thrilled, but like me, he's very content with only the one considering all the work they are to take care of and, let's face it, they're expensive lol!

Anyway, enough about that...just had these thoughts and wanted to write about them to clear my head.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

-Allison xoxo 8)

Last edited by brown eyed girl on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
brown eyed girl
brown eyed girl

Number of posts : 13
Loyalty Rating : 17146
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:49 am

lol, allison i dont think there is anything wrong with only wanting one child! more power to you! esp. since hubby is also ok with that (its always hard when one wants more and the other doesnt lol). some people go through life knowing that they never want children. its their choice! you are blessed with a beautifully handsome little boy, and he makes your world complete, so why feel bad for missing the want a second baby gene! lol sometimes i feel like my life would be easier if i was missing that gene, but im not!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  brown eyed girl Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks, hun! That makes me feel better. I know we're all different and I have always respected the people I have met who have decided not to have any children, although there aren't TOO many that I've met who have no children at all. Most people have at least one.

I really feel so grateful to have been able to conceive and carry my baby with no complications to full term, but I feel like I had the experience once and I don't need to do it again. As for D being an only child, some people may think this is selfish of me not to give him a sibling, but there are far worse fates than been an only kid. He'll get a lot more, attention-wise and financially, and I suppose we can always bring a friend for him when we go on vacation....It's cheaper than paying for another college tuition lol.

And, yes, okay, I admit it- selifishly for me and DH, it DOES make our lives less complicated!!!

I guess if everyone were the same, the world would be an awfully boring place. I just remember back in the fall of 2006 deciding one day that I wanted to be a Mom (I wasn't sure before that and I swear one day it just hit me and I HAD to get pregnant!). So, I did get pregnant that November and now I feel that that "need" has been satisfied. Who knows? Maybe in another couple of years, my clock will start ticking again, but I doubt it.... Wink
brown eyed girl
brown eyed girl

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:38 pm

i dont think thats selfish of you at all allison, i think really it would be more selfish of you to bring another child into the world based on the fact that donovan needed a sibling or what people would think of you when you werent 100% sure you wanted to! i think what you are doing by waiting it out until your body yells baby (if it ever does) is just the right thing for you!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  brown eyed girl Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:10 am

That's true, Nika. A lot of people have more than one or two children because of family or societal pressure, which is not really a great reason to have another child.

Oh my goodness- Donovan has been sleeping until noon the past three days and then he even takes an afternoon nap and doesn't go to bed terribly late! He eats as he normally does and acts his usual self, but has been sleeping a lot more than usual! Could this be because he started walking recently and the new development has overloaded him mentally and physically. Should I call the pediatrician? I probably will call tomorrow anyway lol. I am such a freak- complaining that my baby sleeps TOO much- lol! No, but really, he rarely sleeps so late into the morning, although he HAS done it before. This could be a moot point anyway because just watch- tomorrow he will wake me bright and early at 8 am lol!!!

Just wondering if anyone had any insight into why this might be happening....
brown eyed girl
brown eyed girl

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:28 am

wow thats crazy!! maybe hes going through a growth spurt?!?! haha, i wouldnt complain if kaydance slept that late once, but i can understand your worry for it happening a few times, that would probably freak me out a bit too!! let us know what the Dr. says if you call!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  petal4 Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:45 am

Hi all,

Well I belong here now, Ethan turned one on the 20th Sept. Its taken me a bit of time to get here, I've had a very hectic couple of weeks.

Ethan has taken very well to whole milk, he's drinking on average 30oz a day, thats more than he ever took with formula. He's still having problems with lumpy/table foods so he only really gets pureed food at the moment. I don't think it entirely fills him which is why he drinks so much milk. He's still having one bottle during the night too (about 2am). I've tried to break him from it but he just screams. I can't let him scream because DD is in the next room and I have someone living underneath my flat so I have to give in. I think things will improve when I eventually get to move and Ethan can have his own room.

He's getting more brave with standing now, he still hold on with one hand but twists his body right round to look at things and still maintains his balance. He is a bit slow with reaching his physical milestones but boy he's so switched on mentally and emotionally! He can now push a car around going bbbrrrmmmm, its so cute and he can stack 3 blocks on top on one another. He says about 10-12 words and although he doesn't pronounce them perfectly, he can make himself understood. Smile/happy

He was due his meningitis c shot 2 weeks ago but the 1st week, the surgery was closed for training and then last week he was unwell with a cold. I'm hoping this week is 3rd time lucky. he willhave to have 2 more shots in 4 weeks time and then that will be it until he starts pre-school!

Anyway, gotta run and get DD from school, catch you later!

Hayley x
petal4
petal4

Number of posts : 36
Loyalty Rating : 17136

Back to top Go down

Post  petal4 Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:17 am

It sure is quiet here! How do I get my ticker in my post! I've designed one, added it to my siggy using BB code, I've saved it but it doesn't show up!!

Hayley x
petal4
petal4

Number of posts : 36
Loyalty Rating : 17136

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:36 pm

I am officially/unofficially declaring Jayden as WALKER!!! She has been stumbling around for the past 3 days. She even takes off on her own. She just hasn't mastered yet. I'm so proud. Merry Christmas everyone!! Oh, and one more accomplishment, she ate an entire hamburger happy meal yesterday, too!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 pm

Blimey, it's not very busy on this thread, surely I can't be the only one with a 12-18 month old. Come on ladies, someone please post. It would be lovely to chat on here about what's going on at this stage.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19701
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Yey,go Jayden and Molly! I am sorry there aren't many of you with kids in tis age group.Bring some friends! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Spotless Mind Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:52 am

Yes, I also belong in this topic heh

V is almost 16 months now..

What he does:
-He walks, and runs, very good now.
-We play hide and seek and he screams running away from me and hiding behind the sofa
-He points and says 'aaa' when he wants something.
-He dances
-He remembers how to turn on a toy or something
-He 'talks' on the phone but whatever he's saying I don't understand.
-He can eat whole pieces now, especially chicken or red meat but refuses still to eat fruit. He HATES fruit. ITs a real struggle to get him to eat it. I put in cookies, cream, yoghurt, whatever..he won't eat it, period. Uh.

What he doesn't do:
-He doesn't say anything, nada, zip. Not even 'mama' or 'papa'. Nothing. Tap tap tap..I can't wait to hear a word.

I don't know if there is anything else he should be doing at this age which he's not..

It would be nice to chat with other moms here..the other site has kinda died for me..
I did post about the new pregnancy but to be honest, I don't feel welcome there.
You know by who.

Good job, Jayden!! And wow, a whole happy meal! Vasily has never eaten a happy meal or even just a hamburger yet..I'm afraid to give him one lol..I think that after eating one thats all he'll ever want to eat again heh
Spotless Mind
Spotless Mind

Number of posts : 24
Loyalty Rating : 17091
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Hehe! The only things Jayden doesn't like normal. She doesn't like raw red bell peppers or raw parsley. I tried giving her some while I was cooking. She's also acting like she doesn't like scrambled eggs all of a sudden.

Things Jayden's doing:
She says Hi, mom, dad, jadah, eye, stop
she waves hi and bye
she's staggering walking
she's still allergic to dairy, but will eat EVERYTHING else
she "sings" when any of us are singing
scoots off sofas, and the other day she backed off my really up bed
she knows what to do with a brush and scrunchie, although she can't put the scrunchie in

I also think she's trying to eliminate her second and last nap of the day shock

Among other gifts, we bought her a cell phone, and that is her best gift. Now, she doesn't even bother touching ours!!!

Spotless, how's the pregnancy coming along? How far along are you now?
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Duh Norah,I am so sorry,I remember scrolling up and seeing your post and thinking 'Ooops Opps! I forgot norah,but then I got side tracked..

I wanted to comment on the speech thing. MOST children will start sayinga few words by nine months 'ball,baba,dada,mama' or making sounds which relate to things 'woof woof(dog) mow mow (cat) etc...

HOWEVER<I DO remember you telling me that you and DH speak to V in 2 different languages right?This will explain the later talking.I have read about it and also,living in France I had sevral english and italien/german/dutch (and more) friends who spoke their native language to their children,thekid would learn french either from the other parent or at school (they start playcschool at 2 yrs) and thei speech would always be slowerbutit's only because thier brains have far more to take in a process.Once they Do speak,they dazzle everyone as bilingual 2 year olds and also,kids who grow u around/hear/speak multiple languages tend to be smarter (Studies) Smile/happy

I didnt'mean to leave you out anyway hun.Sorry

Hope Jayden and molly and Ethan are all well! xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 am

well im officially a member of this club now!!! hahaha kayance just turned One 3 days ago Smile/happy

there are loads of things she does and does not do, but at the moment she IS escaping, so i will be back to tell you all about it later!! LMAO
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:56 am

ok im back! haha, kaydance is now preoccupied with her farmhouse she got for her birthday yesterday.

well she now will:
Put a phone to her ear and say hello or bye bye bye and throw it down
She said Mama, Dada, Grama, Bye Bye, No and many other words we cannot understand as of right now LOL! And she has said Hello before but not to often
She has figured out how to use her ball popper (have to push the big red button) and put all the balls back in it when they fly everywhere
Shes still crawling at lightening speed, but not walking (i think she could she has the strength and balance, but lacks the confidence) and she does cruise the furniture)
She claps and waves when you clap or wave to her
She will sit on the floor and scowl and put her hands on her hips like a little Diva, its so cute!
Shes eating very well pretty much what we eat, but still drinking lots of bottles too, we need to work on weaning now
She still doesnt drink from a cup well though, we need to work on that too

But yeah, look forward to chatting with all of you since your babies are still a bit older than she is Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:47 am

I haven't posted here in a while. Jayden is a complete trip. It's so amazing how to children from the same womb could be so different. In another thread I posted how my 13 month old niece was here in Idaho for a few days visiting. Well, I naively thought that it would be cool for Jayden and Briana to play together as cousins. Jayden beat that child up from the moment she flew in til the day she left. She bit her hands and feet, she smashed the girl's head into the baby bed rails, literally tried to choke her out, beat her in the head, scratched her face up. My baby got whipped so many times in those few short days, it was unbelievable. But, some good did come out of it while my mom was here. Jayden now says "bless me" whenever she sneezes, she blows her own nose, she pats herself when she coughs, she says please, shutup(yeah, thanks mom! ) My mom taught her to tell the puppy to shutup.

Her appetite is through the roof now, as if she ever ate like a bird anyway, though. She opens up my dishwasher and climbs onto the door. Her favorite drink is toilet water. She actually walks by scoping out her and Jadah's bathroom door to see if anyone has left it open. She loves to stick her finger in her nose and then taste it. TMI

And to think, I'm contemplating having her as our flower girl next year in the wedding. My luck, she'll moon all of the guests as she's walking down the aisle.

It would really make me feel better if someone else had a little terror in their house, and could tell me some worse stories to make me feel better! Cry Tongue
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down