Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Weaning??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Weaning??? - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Weaning???

+5
Mum of jj
24Penguins
Angel
Lou Lou
Ginny
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weaning??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Weaning???

Post  skyllar Sun May 24, 2009 11:44 am

Awww, Ginny - I am sorry you had a hard time. But reading your post made me chuckle (sounds so similar to our situation) and also imagining you lying on your belly and saying "no boo" made me laugh. So cute.

But seriously, I know how you feel. There are times when I am thinking that maybe it should be time to stop nursing. I would like to have an alcoholic beverage and not have to nurse on demand ALL the time - oh, and have my boobs back, lol. But then, when I think about quitting, I get sad and I think I would like to make it closer to two years - cause I love our special time together. So I have totally been there... (((Ginny)))
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21100
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun May 24, 2009 11:53 am

Smile/happy THank you Nicki!

Its always nice to know others are there with you Smile/happy I just gave boo whenever last night and i noticed he is DEFINITELY really drinking...about 3 times a night. I felt a little better last night and only said "No boo" a couple times. He was in walmart yday with ray trying to find me saying Mama! Then finally ray said he just st arted saying "BOO!" i was like 'yeah..that's about right!!!???' Wink

I'm glad to know i am not the only one! He still gets most of his drinking from me and is NOT going to give it up without a fight!! LOL
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun May 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Same here, Ginny. Our little ones seem so much alike. I also still feed Kian over night (usually once, last night 3 times) and he also does drink plenty of milk each nursing. And I am soooo sure that he won't give it up either without a fight. But, the only difference, Kian can't say "boo" yet. lol
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun May 24, 2009 6:33 pm

Haha!! LMAO, Nicki!! Give him time...in a couple of months, he will be saying BOO! lol Thane just started while I was in FL calling it Boo Wink You are right! they seem very much alike. Where do ya'll live? Close by to TN?
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun May 24, 2009 6:50 pm

We live in southern OH. Where in TN do you guys live?
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun May 24, 2009 7:54 pm

I live in Estill Springs, its on the Alabama line Wink
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Hey everybody...

I just wanted to post for some support. I took thane for his 18 month checkup and the dr recommmended I wean Thane so I can start potty training Cry So...the last few days, I have been trying to distract him from boo, but if he REALLY wants it and cannot be distracted, I let him have it and he still nurses at night. I guess, I am just REALLY down and having mixed feelings about it all. So far today, he hasn't nursed since he sleep nursed at 6 am. He's asked and i directed him to other things. BUT, when its time for bed he will for sure get his boo that he wants so badly Cry

You don't nurse for 18 months and NOT have mixed feelings Cry I just want to know that I am doing the right thing, AND if it turns out that I do not wean him yet I need to know that is ok too and I am not doing anything "Wrong". I have become quite attached to our bond and I'll tell you nothing is better on long trips than some boo! Nothing calms him down quicker. I guess my main thing is once boo is gone..its iS GONE forever!!! No more milk from me no more antibodies from me. When I am sick and nurse him I know I am helping him from getting sick. If he gets sick after he's weaned, i cannot nurse him back to health. It scares me to be honest...

Anyway, I am trying to let him decide by just directing him to other things, but if he cries for it, i am sorry, but he can have it. We have had such a wonderful breastfeeding relationship, i refuse to end it on a bad note. Thank you for listening!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:21 pm

Ginny
Bless your heart! I know that nursing has/is a great experience for both you and Thane. I know it's a hard decision for you to make. I have a question..... why do you have to stop in order to potty train? I have never heard that before. Also, I know around here most people wait (especially with boys) to potty train after 2 and sometimes closer to 3.

As far as antibodies go - my pediatrician told me that babies get the bulk of those antibodies very early on so you have given Thane the BEST possible outcome as far as fighting of infections etc. Plus, he's had all of his shots and I know you guys are very diligent in keeping him as healthy as possible.

Personally, I think if you aren't ready - then you aren't ready. It sounds like he nurses mostly at night anyway. My SIL nursed her youngest baby once every night until he was 3 1/2!!!!!

I guess I'm not helping - I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you and I support you no matter what you do!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20292

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:46 am

Oh thank you Lou Lou!!!!!!!! That is so sweet of you! I really appreciate your support. It means a lot!!!!

I do not know why she wants me to wean...i think mostly cuz its easier if he is weaned to start potty training...dunno really. Cry BUT, I am trying to follow his lead for the most part. If he is just thirsty he doesn't care if its boo or sippy or whatever, but when its comfort, he wants me. So yesterday, he nursed at 6 am, then not til 830 pm, 10 pm and then 4 am he woke up and said "Mommy!" and I got him and he nursed really good then Smile/happy So...yes its mostly at night Wink i am going to try to keep it mostly centered around naps/sleep. he's always been on demand so that will be hard. BUT, i am thinking it stll may take months to wean at the rate we are going, but I am ok with that Smile/happy

Thank you so much Lou Lou!!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Well, the last few days have been OK...

Friday he nursed for a sec when I got home, then didn't nurse again til bedtime. Yesterday he nursed at 8 am, 1130 am for a nap, then not til 945 pm for bed - DIDN'T Even ask ONCE for BOO! Smile/happy Then today he nursed at 830 when he woke up and at 230 for his nap and didn't ask for boo in between. So, now I think he really is saving it for naptime Wink
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 am

It is hard to give up that bond. I think I missed it more than he did. We didn't have a probably weening since we did both bottle and nursing. I have noticed that he has become super attached to his blanket and he still takes a bottle at night but everything else is sippy. I think you are doing exactly what you should, You do want to end on a good note with it since you have enjoyed it so much. Is there a toy or blanker he could use as a comfort item?
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18019
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2