Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!)

+5
Georgi
sparkles
Ginny
dolly's momma
Mum of jj
9 posters

Go down

My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) Empty My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!)

Post  Mum of jj Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:09 pm

I feel like such a bad mum and am feeling sooo guilty Ashamed

We went to drop hubbys work truck off at another guys house, jesse went with him and me and kieran went in the car to go pick them up. We arrived about 5-10 mins after they got there and daryn was holding jess, he had been crying. I took him and put him in the car and asked what was wrong, he said he had fallen off the fence (its a standard fence about 1 meter high) he had been climbing up and down on it as kids do, anyway he had hurt his arm, got him to wiggle fingers could do it so was all good. so we went to visit some friends who have just had a baby and he was playing with the toys fine then tripped up and landed on his arm again, (not hard) but started screaming so i had another look, it wasnt bruised or swollen could still move it and after 5 mins of cuddles he was back to normal playing with the other kids. we came home and i noticed he was stil sort of holding his arm up a bit and not using it, he never complained about it so i got him ready and put him to bed. at 11pm he woke up coz he had been laying on it and it was sore, got him back to sleep and in the morning he was as good as gold, didnt mention it just let him go, though he must of just hurt it a little and after a goodnight sleep its back to normal. We went to daycare at lunchtime and i mentioned to them about him hurting his arm the day before, if he knocked it or hurt it again just let me know. so an hour later they ring and tell me he had fallen off the bike and to pick him up. took him to doc who said its an elbow pull so he minipulated it back into place and which had jess screaming the hospital down. He sent us into the waiting room for 15 mins so jess could play with the toys as after an elbow pull it takes 10mins for pain to go away then it should be good. after 15 mins the doc came back and jess still wasnt using his arm so doc said he would send us for x rays, went home, rang radiology and they said to go see them, went over and got xray done (after a performance as he was scared of machine and thought that they had to take his skin off to check his bones) took us 20 mins to get xray done.
He has broken one of the bones, so we make our way down to the nurses in another ward to get a cast on then the doc came out and told us that the orthopedic surgeon wants to see us, as his arm is all buckled and might need surgery to insrt some steel rods into his forearm. so here we are at 6pm car packed, on our way to the other hospital nearly 2 hours away, get there and the OS looks at xrays and said no we just need to cast it up, dont know whay he couldnt just tell us that over the phone as he got the xray via email!!! so we got home at midnight lastnight.

I feel so guilty for not taking him to the doc right away, he had a broken arm without any treatment for 24 hours. He was still using it and clibing fences, riding bike etc while it was broken.
So now he is in a full arm cast for 4 weeks, joy joy as its summer here! he cant get it wet as its plaster not fibreglass!

II have been spoiling him heaps today! Ashamed
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17658
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) Empty Re: My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!)

Post  dolly's momma Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Hon, you did the best you can, don't beat yourself up about it. I doubt most of us would question it at all with the way he was acting.

My guess is it was originally what they call a 'green stick' break, where it isn't truly broken. I think that is why it only hurt when bumped. I would say the er doctor doing the elbow pull did the rest of the damage that got you into the cast - and as a dr he should have caught it long before you would be expected to.

Thank goodness it looks like he won't need the rods and stuff. Smile, it'll be ok!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!) Empty Re: My poor wee guy (i feel so guilty!)

Post  Ginny Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:42 pm

awe bless his heart!!!!!!!!!! I think that little ones are able to bounce back quicker than we are! I hope he has a speedy recovery!! And don't feel bad...you had no idea and you did what any mother would do and that was love on him and let him know it was ok. Smile/happy

Hope you get well soon, Jesse!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:27 am

awww poor little jess, i hope he is ok, and dont blame yourself, i think we would have all done the same xoxoxo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Oh Teresa HUGS I am sorry honey and I can understand that you might feel as though it is your fault cos I would be exactly the same BUT honey unless you had X-ray vision you were not going to know he had broken a bone afterall he continued to play and he appeared to be fine. Your by no means a bad Mum.....ok!!!! x x x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:46 pm

OMG,I wrote a long post and must have erased it accidently :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

But I wanted to say that my friend had pretty much exactly the same thing happen to her 4 year old son.He was playing on a haystack and fell off.He cried a little but didnt make a huge fuss and so he had his dinner and went to bed.Upon waking the next morning he said his arm still hurt and it was indeed swollen and blue,so she took him to the docs and they x rayed to confirm he had broen a bone.She had NO idea either.It's not something you can see,like Georgi said,unles you have xray vision.You did the right thing as SOON as you found out it wasn't getting better.You werent to know.My son has had things that LOOK awful but been nothing and then things can look like nothing and be something.Just the way it is I'm afraid!He will heal quickly and be fine so don't feel bad (although I understand) Smile/happy

hugs to little Jessie! xxxxxxxxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 pm

hun dont feel bad, i think ive broken every bone in my body. it got to the point that if i hurt myself even if i said i thought i was broken and it hurt so bad if there wasnt immediately a bad bruise or a bone poking through skin my mom made me sleep the night and if it still hurt that bad in the morning she took me to the Dr. lol.

seriously how could you have known, its not as if he was acting like he was in terrible pain. its ok hun, dont feel to hard on yourself, your a wonderful mom!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Sweetie I am so sorry about little Jesse. But don't worry, you are a great mummy, and he is busy boy who seemed fine! All is well now, you couldn't possibly have known that his arm was broken at first, you did all the checks to see if there was a break.

I hope he doesn't need surgery, keep us posted!!!

xxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh no, I didn't see this until now. I am so sorry little Jesse got hurt! I hope he is feeling better!!! Smile/happy And no, you are NOT a bad Mom. You couldn't know and you did the right thing. The doc in the ER should have checked better...
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey ladies, I have not had much time to post since jesse broke his arm! things have been so full on as well as having 2 public holidays here last week, Daryns been home so we been out and about all the time.
Anyway, Jesse has adjusted to having a cast on very well, a little too well! He will not rest it and is still jumping around being a boy. It was a soft cast. He got it on on Tuesday night and on friday night it had to come off and we had to get a new one put on (this time a fibre glass one) as the plaster one had gone soft in many places and was cracking. Im not sure how we are going to get it off as he hates noise and using the wee saw that they use is going to terrify him. He will scream the whole hospital down, he has had 4 xrays and everytime he screams as he thinks the machine will take his skin off to see his bones. there is no telling him, he will not believe us. so im a bit worried about that.

I shouldnt call it a broken arm because its not a clean break, its a fracture. his bone has split in half length ways down his forearm, like a stick when you go to break it but it doesnt break in half. Its the 2nd biggest bone in his arm, if you get what i mean. After 4 weeks we will go back in and have another xray and see if its still buckled and if it is, he might need to have a couple os pins put in, but hopefully not!
When we took the soft cast off, the nurses said we could bring him home and do it in the bath, so we took it off and he got out of the bath and what did he do?? he ran in to the lounge and catapoulted strait onto the couch and hurt his arm again! he has no idea!!!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17658

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down