Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Jealous Nursing babies? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Jealous Nursing babies? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Jealous Nursing babies?

3 posters

Go down

Jealous Nursing babies? Empty Jealous Nursing babies?

Post  Ginny Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey I was just wondering if any of your babies is jealous like Thane???

Anytime someone gets near and hugs me, Ray, Blaine, or if HEAVEN FORBID another baby get near me, he will cry and hit them in the head or he will hang on to my legs til he can push us apart. Then he will either put his hands down my shirt to get the boobs or he will do his best to nurse my chest (above the boobs) just to "Mark his territory" IS THIS NORMAL!????

Here is what happened at Sunday School (with the kid that made him sick)

thane was in the corner playing and a little boy came and sat in my lap. well when thane turned around and saw that boy there he stopped smiling and came over there staring him down.

He grabbed the boy and tugged on him and said "Uhhhh!" and the boy looked at me and smiled and wouldn't budge. I said 'Its ok thane, mommy hold the baby'. and he looked at me and stared at xander again.

then out of no where "BAM!" Smacked the crap out of xander's head! I spanked his hand and yelled at him and then he got really mad cuz xander wouldn't move.

so he started putting his hands down my shirt to mark his territory!! he tried to nurse me in front of everyone! I was like no thane! not right now! and he finally somehow got between me and xander and kicked him off Then stayed in my lap for a minute til it was safe.

Has this happened to any of you????
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20128
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Jealous Nursing babies? Empty Re: Jealous Nursing babies?

Post  galaxy Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Ginny, bless him, Molly did a similar thing when I was holding my newborn nephew, she started tugging at bhis ear and getting very fretful. It doesn't sound quite so bad as what Thane did but she did get very jealous. I wasn't nursing her anymore so she settled when I picked her up and passed the baby to my husband. When she was younger however she got jealous when I was holding another baby and wanted to nurse immediately after I gave the baby back to her Mom and picked Molly up. I think it will probably pass, maybe try spending more time with babies in front of him more often. I know it sounds cruel but he will probably start to learn that he is still the one you love even when there are other babies around. hope that makes sense, I'm very tired so it's probably a load of nonsense.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19716
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Ginny.I am sorry,I know you are looking for reassurance.But I couldnt help but Laugh when I read your story.Thane sounds like a Lion getting all aggressive and staking his claim to his mum!LOL I also imagined him walking aorund you peeing when you said 'mark his territory" how do you react when he does this 'territorial nursing'? DO you discipline him?Do you just let him nurse you or sit with you and placate him? I did a little research.it's quite common and not something to really worry about at this stage BUT the general concencus is that there SHOUDL be a reaction.Most people seem to think that spanking (even on the hand) at this age is not really gonna help.The thing that seems to be the 'best method' is removing him from the situation.Like if it were to happen like that again.Take Thane outside away from everyone.If you could help it,maybe don't put the little boy down so he doesnt 'get his way' and stand up so Thane CANT reach you to 'mark his territory' or try to nurse you.Then maybe distract him with something.If he doesnt calm down.Then maybe put the little boy back down (or whoever you are holding) and distract Thane with something else but DONT reward him by picking him up and letting him 'get what he wants' as that way he will start to realise that if he makes himself unpleasent/hit people or screams that he can get you to do whatever he wants and be the 'alfa lion' in a sense.Do you get what I am saying ?(not sure if I am explaining it well.I hate to sound crass but when children are young,they are very much like dogs (I find) you have to train them,reward good behaviour and either ignore or change the bad.This worked great for me up until Teo was 2 and a half.Beyond that you know my situation so I cant' advise you.But I would deffinately NOT let him get his way because thats a recipe for a spoilt kid IMO.Teo's not jealous or agressive when it comes to other kids but I see him getting a bit insecure with the baby sometimes.When he does I just give him a hug and tell him 'mummy loves you' and then he's usually ok.

I hope you figure it out before Thane beats anyone up too bad Tongue I CERTAINLY wouldnt let him do it with Ray or Blaine.Going back the animal refference.It doesnt matter how small they ae,they DO think they are as big and 'in charge' as everyone else.I watched an episode of 'me or the dog' on the animal channel and was STUNNED that a huge 6ft 210lb man was pushed out of his own bed by a little yappie lap dog.This animal had been growling at and biting this man whenever he tries to kiss his wife until whenever he tried to get in bed,the dog went for him to bite him.The man ended up sleeping on his couch :S .The woman was instructed to put the dog on the floor every time her husband came to kiss her and the dog growled at him,Same thing with the bed,if the man tried to get in and the dog growled,she put him on the floor.Maybe try something similar with Thane so he doesnt feel like he can 'chase people off of you?I am not comparing thane to a dog at all,please don't get me wrong( I hope you don't think that)

BUT the training methods in dogs often apply to babies n young kids.If let get their way too much,before you know,they are dictating who does what ,when and how!LOL At the moment it's amusing but if he started trying to get Ray out of the bed and having a tantrum until he did,that would NOT be cool.I don't know if it's to do with nursing,from what I read,many children get jealous and have 'fits' when other people fuss over mummy BUT I am sure it makes him feel 'that 'much closer to you that he feels you are 'HIS' in more ways than one because you are not only his mum,his comfort and love,you are his food source and he must deffend it!LOL

Anyway,I don't know if thats good advice.I hope you figure out soemthing.I for one know it's not nice to be embaressed in public because your kid does something like that.The other day,I was at the grocery store at the checkout and Teo yells 'MUMMY>>>>>>>>>I'M POOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pooping) " yeah...nice...how embaressed was "I"? We higtailed it out of there! Anyway...I hope you are not offended by my post.I'll delete it if you are Smile/happy Love ya xxxxxxxxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21337
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Sooooo Holi....I should say "Here boy!!! *whistle* Come on, Fido!" Tongue I'm joking Wink NO, you didn't offend me at all! Thank you for your research!!! I hadn't had time to look any of it up lol I appreciate that! No, when he came over and smacked that boy I yelled and spanked his hand, and no he didn't nurse. I usually don't ever nurse when that happens because other people are around. I actually remember Blaine being the same way when me and Ray hugged, he'd get between us and push us apart and be PISSED!!! And i didn't even nurse him OBVIOUSLY! Tongue

Thanks for your responses Smile/happy I dunno what to thinka bout that boy sometimes .... or shall i say puppy lmao!!! lol

thanks! xxxx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:04 pm

lol yes,and don't forget the doggy treat when is good!I have a friend who came home one day to find her 6 yr old feeding dog buscuits to the 2 yr old!lOL She freaked out.Hubby was somewhere drinking beer in the yard with his buddies.They were kind of a 'relaxed' family,but she was NOT impressed.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 am

That's HILARIOUS!!!

And btw, Holi...did you by any chance used to be a writer for babycenter Tongue

http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-14-month-olds-social-and-emotional-development-going-it_1213386.bc

Check out the last part about "play" Wink

It sounds like what Thane is doing is normal Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:45 am

HAHA that is a trip!See I TOLD you Tongue xxxxxxxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down