Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
What are your babies eating and how much? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

What are your babies eating and how much? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What are your babies eating and how much?

+5
skyllar
MommaBear
mscherry42
Lou Lou
Angel
9 posters

Go down

What are your babies eating and how much? Empty What are your babies eating and how much?

Post  Angel Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 pm

My little piggy! Tia-li's day of eating so far includes 2 1/2 bananas,a box of organic raisins,2 slices of organic toast n butter,a fruit paste with blueberry and pomegranate,a sandwich a yoghurt and 2 organic cheesesticks,thats her 'brunch' and she is still saying 'um' (which translates to I'm hungry) LOL...Anyway,I don't limit what she eats but she usually doesnt eat this much,not that Iam worried or anything.Teo eats like a pig and is as skinny as a rake.Yesterday for example he had breakfast of 2 slices of toast and honey,snack of box of raisins a school.He then had his sandwich for lunch,with an apple and some chips (crisps),he eats only an hour and a half before he leaves school since they start so early.As soon as he gets home he's starving and asking me for food.So I gave him some tuna pasta leftover from lunch,an apple,an orange,another box of raisins,a soy yoghurt,3 roast potatoes (again left over) and he was STILL complaining he was hungry so I let him have 2 cheesticks and another apple,I don't know where he puts it all LOL.Oh and Tia-li is on rice milk now fully.Some of you know why and understand it,I am sure to others that is weird,but I have my reasons! Smile/happy

So just curious,what and how much are your kids eating now? Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21307
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What are your babies eating and how much? Empty Re: What are your babies eating and how much?

Post  Lou Lou Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

wow! Owen eats like a bird!

Today he has had a waffle with a cup of milk
and at lunch he had two bites of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. One piece of pineapple, cantaloupe, honey dew, one grape and two orange wedges.

He'll probably have some yogurt for snack and then who knows what I'll manage to get down him for dinner!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20256
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

What are your babies eating and how much? Empty Re: What are your babies eating and how much?

Post  mscherry42 Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Jayden just eats whatever the hell she wants and is available. She had a pack of oatmeal and two cups of soymilk for breakfast, two packs of fruit snacks as a snack and some juice, for lunch she had a hot pocket and a piece of king cake. she just woke up from a very long late nap and is sipping on soy milk. i don't know what is for dinner yet. But she eats whatever is there all days, from fruits to nuts to candy to drink to whatever anybody else is eating at the moment. Wow, today was a light day for her.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19413
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Maybe she is in a growth spurt angel. Isaac usually will drink his milk, a fruit (usually a banana), and a pack of oatmeal for breakfast. Lately with teething lunch and dinner are not always so certain. He has some sort of snack around 10. For lunch milk, fruit, and chicken nuggets or a P&J sandwich or whatever else I can interest him in. He gets a snack when he gets up from nap. Dinner is usually some of what we are having unless I don't have it ready by his dinner time then he has whatever I think of. At his high point he was eating 5 chicken nuggets, a fruit cup, and some veggies. Then he had a huge growth spurt. Now with teething it all depends on the day.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17983
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 pm

ok,so there are some other hungry babies out there loL! I am not worried,she's a big tall girla and I imagine she's just needing the energy! Smile/happy Good to see babies are eating their fruits Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21307
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:38 am

Kian is also one hungry toddler and yet he is still soooo tiny (I think at 22 months he is just over 22 pounds). His breakfast is usually a bowl of oatmeal, sometimes some plain yogurt, fruit smoothie (just fruit and yogurt, no sugar) and milk. For a snack he has some raw veggies and/or some more fruit. For lunch and dinner he eats mostly what we are having, if we are not eating anything he likes he will have tofu or edamame, cheese, bread, any steamed veggies and some organic meat (if we have meat that day) and milk. For snack in the afternoon we usually have more fruit (I am craving fruit theses days). Kian eats pretty much anything we have - he is a great eater. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21064
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. For a snack usually it's grapes, half a banana with some organic crackers. For lunch it varies, usually some organic bread with fruit, veg, juice, cheese. For an afternoon snack she gets an organic yogurt. Then we have whatever I make for dinner. She gets 3, 6 ounce bottles a day still. Morning, naptime, and bedtime.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20865

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:38 pm

Kyrah has her days too, sometimes she eats SOO much other times its hardly anything. and it really varies she tells me now what she wants to eat..e.g mummy toast or mummy pasta
She is about 11 kg now
Actually i have noticed the toddler fussiness stage, its sooo hard to get her to eat veges at the moment, loves her fruit but veges is a battle.

Her day will often consist of
Toast and fruit for breakfast ( strawberries, grapes and bananas are fav at the moment)

snack- usually cheese and dried or fresh fruit

Lunch- vegemite sanwhich or crispbread ( or meat and cheese) , raw carrot sticks, fruit

snack- yogurt or crackers

Dinner- pasta ( loves it plain or with cheese) veges ( i still try lol even been pureeing them and sneaking into food plus putting them on her plate, she will always put them in her mouth but spits them out- so i figure better for her to get use to seeing them on her plate and "trying them" she use to love her veges) meat of some kind - loves her meat- lean lamb chop or chicken breast etc

She has 100ml toddler formula ( wont drink cows milk hates it) at rest time
and 150-200ml at dinner time

She can be very fussy at times, but at least will opt for her fruit most days over anything
She drinks water and sometimes very watered down juice.
She has learnt what chocolate is from being at parties and being allowed VERY minimal for treats ( for e.g when she poos in he potty as a special reward sometimes)

Is anyone else having difficulties getting veges into their kids???
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19566
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Sparkles- I am also having trouble getting LM to eat vegetables. She won't eat cooked carrots, peas, green beans. She used to eat all that stuff. But go figure she will eat raw cucumber salad! I don't think cucumbers have much nutritional value though, but not sure on that?

As you are doing, I still offer her the vegetables so they aren't foreign to her.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:06 am

we are having the same problem!
He will eat peas, carrots and corn. He used to eat anything I gave him!
My mom says to just keep trying and it will pass. So I am just letting him eat what he wants (within reason) and trying not stress about it. I try to minimize sweets and junk. When he has something like chocolate he knows it's special!

I CAN add a new food to our list.....................................................

DOG FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

He got into it today and I could not get it all out!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:55 am

Jayden loves broccoli so that's a very common veggie in the house. She'll eat corn too. She loves salad, so lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, and raw carrots are a big hit. We learned that she hates olives and radishes(as does her mom) when we ate at a church one day.

She'll eat the cooked veggies in fried rice too. It must taste different than just plain old peas and carrots and stuff.

I don't limit her anything. I was never really limited, and neither was Jadah. I just try to balance it from day to day. It's so hard now that she can say "no, I don't want that", and proceed to tell me juice instead or milk instead. Or, when I fix oatmeal cause she loves it so much, and she says no, I want cereal. Are any of you at that point yet? If so, do you make them eat the fixed meal, or do you allow them to eat what they ask for?
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 am

I really haven't had any problems yet(!?) with Kian eating his vegetables. He eats raw peppers (peeled), small pieces of raw carrots, raw cucumber almost every day because DH makes me a baggy of raw veggies to take to work. That's usually his morning snack. And then for lunch and dinner he eats steamed veggies. He likes peas, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchinis, mushrooms, corn, peppers, onions and loves raw tomatoes. One of the funnest thing for him is eating edamame (soy beans) that I buy frozen in the pod. They take 5 minutes to cook and then he peels the soybeans out of the pod and eats them. Besides sweat potatoes which he eats but isn't his favorite I haven't come across any veggie he doesn't like.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Owen isn't saying enough words to really "tell" me what he wants and doesn't want although sometimes he will shake his head no or put his hand over his mouth and he will reach and point to things on the table that he wants.

My parents raised us to eat what was on the table or eat nothing at all. I will probably try to do the same. I obviously wont make things I know he doesn't like. But the tomato allergy does pose some problems. If I make anything with tomatoes in it I HAVE to make something else for him. We are hopefull he will outgrow this allergy.

Skyllar - Owen loves edamame! I had forgotten about that one! We actually had some last night. I still take it out of the pod for him but he gobbles it up! He likes green peppers too! (I guess he likes more veggies than I thought!)

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:06 pm

I am noticing more and more that LM loves to "dip" things. If I give her some peanut butter or ranch dressing, she will sometimes eat things she won't normally eat.

We call it "Dip Dip" at our house Smile/happy She loves her dip dip. But still there are certain veggies that even dip dip cannot get her to eat!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:18 pm

LOL. That's so funny, cause we had to do that with Jadah cause she was so picky as a child. We called it "dip". She had to dip everything. It doesn't work with Jayden cause all she does it dip, lick, and dip again until finally we make her bite it. But, she eats everything regardless.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:42 pm

LOL, that IS funny, Tiff. Kian loves to dip, too (he calls it "beeps"). He loves to dip my homemade guacamole, he has dipped some French fries in ketchup before, some fish sticks in tartar sauce etc. But he hasn't really dipped any veggies. Good idea, Tiff, to get her to eat her veggies that way.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Audrey used to have a huge appetite, but it has changed lately and she only really fills up on her snacks and no room for lunch or dinner, haha!! So I've been trying to limit snacks to a certain time of day.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20074
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Isaac used to love veggies but has gotten pickier with them too. He likes raw carrots...loves pickles (is that a vegetable?). I also found the dip trick out. But sometimes he will just dip and lick for a while. I will have to try edamame I never thought about that but he loves to peel things. He also likes squash and zucchini. Not so big on green beans but loves broccoli. I just keep trying everything and it varies from day to day. I am hoping with summer coming and garden veggies that he will not be so picky. I have heard to try and sneak veggies in spaghetti sauce but he isn't a big fan of red sauces for some reason. Somedays I am just happy he eats.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17983
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:56 am

Lucy loves to do the dip and lick thing. Usually she will eventually eat whatever she is using to scoop up ranch dressing lol.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18380
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down