Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Question about Head Colds in babies EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Question about Head Colds in babies Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Question about Head Colds in babies

3 posters

Go down

Question about Head Colds in babies Empty Question about Head Colds in babies

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 am

So LM started with this cold exactly 10 days ago. She was given antibiotics because she had an ear infection. Her nose isn't congested solid anymore.... now she just has A LOT of clear snot constantly. I can actually suck her nose with the nose sucker bulb and her nose will be totally clear not even a sniffle. But she continues to sneeze and get more snot through out the day and after waking up from a sleep. She is also still coughing. The cough is loose and mucousy but it sounds like A LOT of mucous in there, it's not just a little.

My question is.... if your baby has had a cold before how long did it all last?

I would think after 10 days her nose would at least quit running! She is just coughing up a storm. She is supposed to go in for a follow up appointment next monday. I am just so sick of this freaking cold. I am not sleeping well, she is not sleeping well, and my cold seems to be tapering off already after 5 days.

She has no temperature and seems to be in good spirits. She is at least napping better since her nose is running and not blocked completely if that makes sense. She is also not wheezing or anything, so I know she is not having trouble breathing.

I have been keeping a cool mist humidifier running in her room and also putting baby VICK's on her chest and on her feet at night. I use a saline nose spray to help moisten things as well.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20898
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Question about Head Colds in babies Empty Re: Question about Head Colds in babies

Post  24Penguins Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:35 am

tiff, i hate to tell you this, but kaydances nose is hardly EVER dry. she coughs here and there, on and off. her colds never seem to dry up completely, they just get better to the point that she is acting normally and no fever, regular appetite and like to play with friends/toys. but it seems like her nose is usually a running tap. and the cough will sort of come and go and i just monitor it to make sure its not something that needs to be looked at. i also think that some of this is to be blamed on the weather here since it keeps getting cold/hot/cold again, so i know that maybe LM should get over hers completely since your in a much warmer climate. hmm, i guess im not really helping you at all am i? im sorry hun, i really hope it clears up soon, but the runny nose and constant snotty booger face is something i have kinda learned to deal with and just always make sure ive got tissues/wipes with me lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18811
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Question about Head Colds in babies Empty Re: Question about Head Colds in babies

Post  mscherry42 Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Don't take this wrong, but maybe the germs that caused it are still lingering. I know you mentioned you had a cold. Maybe try 1)airing out the house and 2)lysoling almost everything you can. Don't know if it will work, but that's what we do when anyone gets sick in our house. It seems to help to "flush" those germies out.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19446
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Thanx ladies, I appreciate your comments.

I pray the cold completely goes away! I would go crazy if it never left entirely, especially since LM loves her pacifier and I am not ready to take it from her yet. When her nose is stuffy, she can't keep the pacifier in, which leads to lots of crying and interrupted sleep.

I am going to boil all her pacifiers, bottle nipples, wash her bedding, lysol her crib, toys, and the rocking chair tomorrow!!!!!! I was going to wait until the cold was gone.... but Mscherry you may be right, it may be lingering germs!!!

I also am starting to give her a liquid vitamin every day now as well.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20898
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:18 am

Good. I forgot about the liquid vitamins. I gave Jayden those when she was sick cause she wasn't eating.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19446
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down