Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Food on the floor.. EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Food on the floor.. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Food on the floor.. EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Food on the floor.. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Food on the floor.. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Food on the floor.. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Food on the floor.. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Food on the floor.. EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Food on the floor.. EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Food on the floor.. Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Food on the floor..

+2
24Penguins
Georgi
6 posters

Go down

Food on the floor.. Empty Food on the floor..

Post  Georgi Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:17 am

Some advice please ladies. It seems impossible now to give Theo finger foods, which I would usually do for lunch he will eat a little bit and then just start swiping his hands at a speed across his highchair tray causing the food to fall on the floor, of course he finds it funny and he leans over the chair to look at the cats eating his food :angry:

Will he always do this? or will he grow out of it? I am getting so sick and tired of picking it all up off the floor only for him to throw it on the floor again and again, this lunchtime I picked it up once and when he did it again I swept it all up and put in the bin like a mean Mummy!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Food on the floor.. Empty Re: Food on the floor..

Post  24Penguins Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:42 am

if kaydee throws her food on the floor i throw is away unless it was a true accident. i figure if shes throwing it on the floor shes either bored, not hungry, or just not interested. i will not give it back to her though cause then she will know that she can just throw it over and over again and i will pick it back up, it becomes a game. so now she doesnt throw her food on the floor any longer because she knows if she does i will throw it all away and take her out of her high chair! (im such a mean mommy!)
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:47 am

Audrey went thru a phase of throwing everything on the floor to watch you pick it up, soon enough I had had enough. She'll still throws food on the floor if she is not hungry or unwell (ie, teething, illness). At the start of it, I have fed Audrey myself most times and to get her used to feeding herself I would let her eat easy things. She is now able to pick food up with her fork, but spoon still needs some teaching. Anyways you have to become the parent, which means you can keep picking it up for him, or tell him enough is enough and he'll just have to go without, or next time you'll have to feed him yourself...whatever works for you Smile/happy

Oh another thing you can do, is just put a little bit of food at a time for him to consume, that way he isn't wasting his entire tray of food.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Georgi - I have the same problem with Owen and I've started doing what Gutter suggested. I only put 3 or 4 pieces on his tray and that seems to help a lot! Owen has always been fascinated with different textures and I think he likes the feeling of squishy, sticky food which just makes meal time even more chaotic! I also spoon feed him in between him self feeding. It speeds up the process. He still gets the practice at self feeding but I get him fed fast enough that boredom doesn't have time to set it.

I hope they will outgrow it soon because it IS a pain!!!!!!! : )

Good luck!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Oh Georgi, can i EVER relate!? Thane throws his food all the freakin time! Cry I have spanked his hands and yelled at him "DO NOT THROW FOOD!" and he does it anyway Cry I don't know what to do ... if you find something that works let me know :'(
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 am

I had exactly the same problem with Molly. She is growing out of it but I just did the same as Gutter. I just thought that if she is that hungry she wouldn't do it. I stopped pudding too if she did it as she was soon learning that if she threw all of her other food, I would get pudding out so she had some food in her belly. I think all Mums would agree that it's totally normal, even though it is really annoying when you spend time preparing nice things that they just throw.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19746
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:54 am

Thank you ALL so much for the advice. I think you are right Gutter if Theo was really that hungry he wouldn't do it, I never actually thought of that I just put it down to him being naughty.

I have been giving him tiny amounts at a time for the last couple of days suggested by Lou Lou and I 'think' that is working, certainly he does eat more BEFORE he throw it on the floor but at least this way I am not wasting loads of food Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down