Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

+16
Leeaman
mscherry42
Ginny
Lou Lou
Gutter
BethG
lindzee
Lily*Blossom
MommaBear
chrisb
Georgi
pringle
sparkles
skyllar
galaxy
Angel
20 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  MommaBear Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Georgi I do think the castor oil got things rolling for me. If I remember I was supposed to be enduced on Monday so I took Thursday and Friday off from work with plans to do everything I could to get labor started. I think I took the first dose (maybe 2T mixed with coke) at around 3pm on Thursday so DH would be on his way home if it worked. I drank lots of water and spent a lot of time in the bathroom. I think it just kicked up the braxton hicks if it did anything at all. I also sat on my birthing ball. So then I went to sleep and the next day I went to the mall and just walked all day long. I think I even talked DH into Mexican for dinner that night (spicy) and then still had some castor oil left in the bottle so I mixed the rest of it with some more coke. I didn't feel anything with that dose and spent some more time with the bathroom. We went to bed at 11pm but at around 2 in the morning everything started. The contractions went from nothing to intense really quickly I have no idea if it was the castor oil or just my body but I have to believe that the castor oil and walking did something. I just made sure to really drink lots of water so I didn't end up dehydrated.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18016
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  sparkles Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Georgi- i tried castor oil and i was already 2cm dilated and it put me into a 5 day slow labour i think lol but i wouldnt do it again, didnt have the right effect i was looking for and was uncomfortable, but i know lotsof people who it worked for, so good luck if you choose to try it hun xo
I was also measuring behind with Kyrah and she came 5 days late, but my dates were right ( or within days) as i just got home from over seas then 2 days later hubby went interstate so ... lol
I come on everymorning now hoping to hear some exciting news, wont be long but i dam well know how each day is sooo frustrating lol xoxox
Sometimes i feel soo heavy and soo much pressure down there already i wonder how will i cope witht the next 12 weeks haha, im too impatatient. But my bubby needs lots of fattening up right now lol

I have a hospital check up today
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19599
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Sparkles I was going to type another post earlier but my computer was being slow, just wantes to say I can't believe you are almost 28 weeks, it's gone by fast this time around!! Are you excited having a little boy?? The first 2 weeks I was frustrated and wanted another girl instead because he kept peeing on his side....turns out you have to point the penis downwards or else you get pee coming out the top of the diaper lol!! It's great now though, aside from the colic, which I wish was Audrey and not him...hard to look after a colicky baby and a toddler.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20107
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Hey girls - I'm totally crashing here but I stalk this thread and now I have a question for Sparkles....

You said your husband went "interstate". What does that mean!?!!!! lol!!!!! lol

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20289
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Georgi -- really hoping that things are moving along naturally for you! I keep coming back on to check and see if there are any updates! Not much longer now and you will be holding your baby girl in your arms. How exciting!!!! Smile/happy

Lou Lou -- LMAO! lol

Sparkles -- Keep us posted about your hospital check-up. Smile/happy

Hello to everybody else!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21097
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 pm

I had my first appointment this morning at 15 weeks 2 days. Since we moved state since Kian was born I had to find a new doctor here (thank God!! I really did not like the prenatal care I received with him and my hospital stay for the birth). My friend recommended this practice with 1 doctor, several midwives. They give birth in a new birthing center that is part of the hospital where they have big birthing tubs and all the stuff in every room. I am soooooo excited since I really want to try for another unmedicated birth. Smile/happy

Well, the appointment: no waiting, great people! All the regular intake stuff, urine sample, pap smear, and to my surprise, an u/s. They always do that at the first appointment! Yay!! There is a healthy looking baby in there, swimming like crazy, heart beating like crazy and measuring at exactly 15 weeks 2 days, lol. DH and I were so excited to see the baby (I thought they would only use the doppler). Also had blood drawn. Also opted out of some tests that I could never opt out of with Kian's prenatal care. We also scheduled the big u/s for February 18.

Here is one pic of the little one:

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 3 IMG_3028Medium
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Awe! congrats nicki!! did you say you are in the states? where at? i don't remember im having brain freeze!Tongue your little one sure is cute in there!! yes we always pretty much have an u/s the first time and at 20 weeks Smile/happy exciting!!!

Hi everyone!!!!!

hope everyone is great! georgi...anyday now!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20131

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 am

hi all

Nicki- fantastic news i am so happy and gorgeous photot xo

gutter- i know this pregnancy has gone so fast, i am so excited about having a little boy. sometimes i wonder how different it will be having a boy as im so use to a girl lol and many friends have warned me about pointing the penis down lol

Hey girls - I'm totally crashing here but I stalk this thread and now I have a question for Sparkles....

You said your husband went "interstate". What does that mean!?!!!! lol!!!!!
lol
lou lou - it just means he travels to another state in Australia, Australia is broken into 7 or 8 states and 203 territories ( hoe bad is that for not knowing) so interstate just means in another state xo

well my appointment went well , everything is looking good, this midwife said the same as last midwife and said, he's not going to be a huge baby, i said am i measuring far behind or much smaller and she said no, he is just a nice size!! so who knows, he is head down at the moment and i asked why i would have soo much pressure down there and sfter she felt him, she said because some of his head is already in your pelvis!! of course at this stage he can still move in and out. So that leads me to think ( i could be wrong) that my placanta has moved?? dunno i have booked in my scan for 32 weeks to check placenta previa, so will know soon enough. glucose test next thurs. She also had a chat to me about labour 2nd time around and said expect half the tlabour time and approx 30 mins pushing for second bubs ( of course everyone is different tho) and she had a look how long i pushed for with Kyrah and it was 2 hours 20 mins!!!!!!!! lol
so its all getting exciting
xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:41 am

Nicki I am so glad they did an ultrasound and you could put all your anxieties to rest. Its also great that you like your new doctor. Its so cool they have a hospital birthing center like that, we don't have any near by, not in a hospital atleast. I think our closest is Maryland, there is a reason we don't have them here but I can't remember why, probably because our area is so high in csections.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17853
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 pm

YAY!!! for great appointments!!! Smile/happy Great to hear all is well with your little boy Sparkles and thank you for your input about the castor oil it's interesting to hear different experiences.

Mommabear - Thank you for detailing your experience with the castor oil too........I feel a little scared to try it myself shock just afraid I will explode Ashamed whilst pushing!!!!! LOL!!

Nicki what an awesome U/S picture...very clear!! I have been trying to work out if you can see the 'nub' which both boys and girls have at your stage the sex can be determined by which way the nub is facing but I'm just not sure if I can actually see one or not!?

Gutter - My original date was the 18th January if you look at my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo you will see when we DTD and when I ovulated so I think my date is actually spot on BUT all 3 scans came up with the 14th which has always confused me but maybe the 18th will be her actual birthdate afterall!!!!!!

Holi - I know what you mean honey LOL!!! and I am actually feeling really positive.....we have yet more snow and it's gunna freeze so it would be better if she arrived when the roads are clearer and safer!!! Wink

Last edited by Georgi on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21393
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Oooooo I am 100% pregnant now!!!! LOL!! Tongue
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Nicki YAY!!! I am so excited about that ultrasound picture, everything looks great! I am glad you are happy with the prenatal care you have found.

Georgi, you are 100 percent pregnant! That rocks.

Sparkles you look super cute in your belly pictures, I am so excited about your little boy.

I feel a bit nauseous today. Nothing unmanageable, but definitely feeling yuck. They weighed me at the doctors yesterday I lost 5 pounds already, because I just don't feel like eating much. They sent me for a pregnancy blood profile, so they will measure all my levels and see how I am doing. I am nervous and excited for my first OB appointment on the 26th Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20898

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I forgot to mention, I am craving Grapefruit like crazy. I heard back in the day that grapefruit is not good while you are pregnant? I still ate one today because I researched it and couldn't find anything that stated it was bad for you, so it could have just been an old wives tale that I heard. It's weird because with LM I wanted nothing to do with citrus at all.

Oh gosh, I tried to eat some leftovers from last night, but started to feel extremely nauseous, it was not fun at all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Haven't got much time to write as I am in a terrible mood and off to bed. Had some bad news......I have gestational diabetes! Feeling mad at the moment. Please don't write anything on facebook as I don't know who I want to tell. I am waiting for advice from the diabetes midwife who will call me tomorrow. Really need some time to get my head round this. Love you all, promise I will be back when I am a bit calmer x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19719

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm

OMG Galaxy. I am so very sorry. It must be a shock for you, but it can be monitored and sorted, do not worry. I know it does pose threat for a bigger baby, but honestly, I will pray for you, and I hope it will all be ok. I will not mention anything on FB I promise.

My Dad's mother had gestational diabetes with 5 of her 7 children, and yes the babies were bigger, but she did deliver them vaginally and everything was ok.

xxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Galaxy- i am sorry hun, im sure things will be fine, my cousin had it and still had a small baby and she had to inject herself it got so bad. Another friend had it and also had a small baby xo i hope its managable xo

Well i just popped on to say i have been having bad cramp like contraction like pains since 5am thismorning ( its now 7.20am) i think its just bubs head butting my pelvis and pushing down, but man it hurts, all around my lower back and vagina - i swear he is doing tackle practise in there lol, things are easing up now, but i couldnt even put my legs straight, it hurt so much. I can still feel him moving like mad, may just be bad stretching pains.!! Kyrah came straight over to me whhen i couldnt stand up straight and said mummy sore and tried to push me ont the bed, very cute.
anyway i am sure things are fine, will just keep an eye on it
never had this with Kyrah
xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Sparkles, I had horrible pain like that with emy. It was so bad I went to the hospital, when they did the ultrasound Emys head was pushing down in my pelvic area sitting on my cervix. My cervix was closed and there wasn't anything to worry about but it didn't go away til she moved out of that position.When the pain went away they did another ultrasound and she had moved, so we were pretty sure that was the cause. So after that when I got the bad pains I stuck headphones down low on my belly with loud music to make her move. As soon as she moved the pain would go away. But the pain was really bad and was was sharper when I moved or went into a bad position. Problem is the pain can send you into contractions but mine did not progress into anything.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17853
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks Chris- maybe thats it then, it has been bad all daya nd sometimes feeling like contraction pains, its worse at times. i ended up ringing the hospital and she said take two panadol and use heat pack and if it goes away its ligament paina nd i may need to see a physio. If it doesnt go away ring them again. Well it hasnt gone away , but i will sleep on it and see how i am tomorrow
xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:45 am

Georgi -- Yay for being 100% pregnant! I can't wait for your little girl to come! Hopefully not much longer! Smile/happy

Galaxy -- I am so sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with GD. Hopefully s pecial GD diet will help to keep the GD under control without the use of insulin. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Sparkles -- Hopefully your pains went away and it was ligament pain or baby sitting really low. Please keep us posted.

Tiff -- that's so exciting that you had your blood work done already. I have never hear that you couldn't eat grapefruit while pregnant. I ate plenty of grapefruits and drank plenty of grapefruit juice. I think why they say it might be better to cut it out is when you have a lot of heartburn cause it might aggravate it. I craved apples like crazy with Kian and anything healthy (salads and fruit) with this little one.

Chris and Mommabear -- how are you doing?

AFM, not much to report. I am pretty sure I have a front-lying placenta again (like with Kian) and that way I am again not going to be able to feel the baby kick as early and as strongly (the midwife had a quick look on u/s and said I was right). I'm a little disappointed about that, as I only sometimes (very rarely) can feel some tingly feelings. Still haven't old our parents or my boss or anybody really. We told my friend who is expecting, too and who took Kian when we went to the appointment cause still no kids under 16 are allowed in the hospital because of H1N1. Well, next appointment we will drive a little further to their other practice where kids can come so that Kian can see the baby for the big u/s.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Oh Emma {{hugs}} you don't get off very lightly do you hun....... HUGS

Sparkles - Maybe you are doing too much? I know it's difficult when you have a toddler to look after BUT please ensure you do take some time out for yourself, that baby boy has gotta stay put for a few more weeks!!!!

Nicki - When do you think you will start sharing the news??? I would never have been able to keep it a secret for this long because my M/S was just awful, people were guessing at work so it didn't come as a huge shock when the news was announced.

Well as you all know today is D day for me and to be honest I felt pretty chilled out for most of the day but this evening I think thing's 'could' be happening or at least starting to happen.....now I could be completely wrong and look like an idiot and still be pregnant in a weeks time LOL!! BUT I have been experiencing this burning tightness around my back which creeps around the front during a braxton hicks contraction on a fairly regular basis (every 10-20 minutes for nearly a couple of hours), now it's uncomfortable but certainly not painful and I guess that is why I don't want to get my hopes up, I have also noticed that I have lost some egg white mucus not blood streaked and not very much but enough for me to notice!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:36 pm

ooooooooh,that means your cervix is changing! Smile/happy come on baby girl!I bet within the next 24/48 hours! gonna start a bet trhead!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21340

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 pm

lol cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are right Holi!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Ooooooohhhhhh - sounds exciting Georgi!!! So hoping that things will get moving on their own for you!! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:48 pm

I really feel like I need to have a BM but I am constipated.......I thought it usually goes the other way if labour is close?
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:56 pm

it would be a great time to use a little natural soppository hun,leave it up there for as long as you can and then clear yourself out,less chance of poopng on the birthing chair LOL! It'll be fine,might also kick things off! hugs
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21340

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next