Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~

+12
Lou Lou
Lily*Blossom
Ginny
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
Toffee
MommaBear
BethG
galaxy
lindzee
Angel
16 posters

Page 33 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 Empty Re: TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~

Post  BethG Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks Melly! We shall see......
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22731
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 33 Empty Re: TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~

Post  lindzee Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:26 am

Just saw the negative test Beth! Damn!!! I would have tested too if my temp was that high on 12 dpo!! could be still too early?? At least that is what i am telling myself and am going to get my bloodwork done tomorrow. Tonight is the last night for my prog supplements. So I guess we'll see.....not feeling overly hopeful, but you never know i guess.
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 703
Loyalty Rating : 19830
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh man, Beth. I have been chart stalking and I just saw your BFN (I could have sworn I looked at your chart earlier today and the test was not on there yet). It might still be too early at 12 DPO. Did you use a FRER? It will be exciting to see tomorrow's temp. Hang in there...

Lindzee, anxiously awaiting your test results. Hang in there...

babydust to both of you!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Today's temp looks good Lindzee! Fingers crossed for you.

I told myself I'd test only if my temp was the same or up. Well, it went up! I had a First Response HPT that I got with the purchase of some OPKs so I used that. I even read the instruction and used the dip method so I wouldn't miss peeing on it! lol! But nope, not even a hint of test line. Bleh. Maybe it's too early but more than likely it'll remain negative. Oddly I was just numb seeing it, like I wasn't ever expecting it could be positive (although I was hoping).
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:35 pm

I am also chart stalking and they both look awesome
Beth- i hope its too early xo
Lindzee- up on day 14 is great
fingers and toes crossed ladies xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Beth are still going to ask for a blood test or just wait it out? double damn that you even used a good test too!!!

Thanks skyllar and sparkles for checking in and chart stalking! LOL! Tongue

I am going to get my blood work done tomorrow, if the lab will let me, LOL! My temp was nice today but I still think a lot of that has to do with the prog - last ones are being taken tonight. I will keep you ladies posted. Thanks for thinking of me and hoping for me.
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Will you get the results tomorrow too, Lindzee? I've been checking your chart, checking here like crazy for updates!

I doubt my ob/gyn office will order a blood test unless I go past 14DPO or get my own +HPT, of course.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 am

Why is all of this stuff such a PITA?! Seriously.... I wish it was easier. This must be the road less traveled... Tongue

I won't likely get my results until Friday, they never seem to call the same day, which is annoying but I guess they must be really busy with tons of test results. I just thought of another reason to get my blood done tomorrow, Monday is a holiday here and then I would have to wait til Tuesday to find out! Well, I would like have AF by then anyways, so I guess it wouldn't really matter, right?

Let's see what tomorrow's temps bring for you and I......
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:26 am

A dip in my temp today but nothing that is obviously the start of a temp fall (although it could be). Last night I searched and found I had four tests -- one First Response and 3 cheapies, 2 of which expired in Oct of 2010. So, what the heck, I used one of the expired cheapies today and got a very beautiful dark test line, and absolutely nothin else. Hope you have better luck Lindzee!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 pm

My heart skipped a beat when I read beautiful dark.....!!!! You almost tricked me. Bad Beth!

Not sure if I will have better luck than you...went for my blood work this morning and they didn't call back this afternoon so I am assuming they will call tomorrow am. Not really expecting anything because I don't feel any symptoms or anything. MEh, it is what it is I suppose.
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Wait anxiously for news, Lindzee!

I didn't actually mean to try to trick you with my results, lol. Yesterday, however, I DID mess with an online friend of mine on chat when I left her hanging when I said I tested, and "guess what?" I think she cyber slapped me, lol. My temp was down only a tiny bit today and I tested again (with the other expired test) and once again, got a negative. Of course, AFTER I dipped my test strip, I wiped and saw some red. Go figure. Evil bitch, lol. But so far, nothing more.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 pm

oh Beth- i hope that red is nothing, casue your chart is still good - Pray

Lindzee- 16DPO......... Confused cant wait to hear xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Lindzee, I see your chart results.....so sorry honey. I'm here for you, don't forget that. (((HUGS)))
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 am

Yeah, it's disappointing, but it's what I was expecting. I hope I just get AF soon but the nurse told me that may take awhile as my prog levels were 163 on 7 dpo, YIKES!!! So i am supposed to call them if I haven't got it in a week.....great! I really don't think I need the prog, my levels are good enough on their own and I don;t think I am going to take it next month.

Hmmm, next month.....not sure what to do for that. I was thinking of surgery and now I am kind of chickening out. Most people get it because they see a cyst etc on an u/s....so maybe I should ask for one of those?? I don't know what to do. I am tired of this all and going to the clinic every month.

Thinking of you Beth too. Feeling like AF is going to come today? Maybe it can tell mine to hurry up and get here! Tongue
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm trying to remember why the other gals I know have had laps. I think most of them had a HSG where the dye didn't flow through both tubes. Another gal, and I think White Lily (Mel) had that other uterine test that indicated something wasn't right. In the other gal's case, her surgery fixed the issue and eventually she did fall preg naturally (the cycle before IUI with injectibles, lol). I think Mel had some endo -- and she had NO symptoms of it. And I believe your friend Sapphire might have had the same thing. So, a lap *could* be a benefical thing. It's a hard decision, i know. It's not something I've pursued either. My HSG was not clear but because it was so painful for me (I actually wondered if it was like labor contractions), the RE thought it might have been a tubal spasm. But since I never saw that jackass again, I've never really had another professional opinion about it.

The facts are:
you seem to ovulated well.
Hubby's tests and samples have been good.
IUI would have put the sperm right where they need to be (of course, you've only done this once, right?)
You have had eggs fertilized but not stick.....which could indicate some sort of problem that maybe a lap would help.

AFM, no AF here either. Feel crampy on and off and my temp did drop today. Maybe tomorrow? I'm still hoping but I know in the back of my mind, that it's highly improbable.

give me your opinion......
I'll probably get my Femara in the mail on Monday, which will be in time to start on CD3. But I'm NOT planning on IUI this next cycle since we're leaving on vacation. Even if I O before we leave, it's just too much stress. I'm thinking of NOT taking the meds this cycle, and then asking for some for the following cycle.....but take a double dose instead and plan on IUI (and not telling about doubling up). I have taken the double dose before, so it's not overdosing, you know? I think it could increase my chances.

I mentioned this to hubby tonight and told him that even trying to time things for this next cycle could be stressful because we could be getting ready to leave or could be travelling (we drive all the way to Florida, like 18hrs I think). Of course, he's leaving it up to me, but agreed that the timing could be difficult and stressful.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 am

I know I haven't had anything come up yet that might indicate a problem. My HSG was fine. My u/s back in July of 09 was fine, just showed retroverted uterus. Maybe I should get another u/s done? I mentioned that last month and they brushed me off saying that it doesn't really show anything....??? I don't believe that, but whatever. And I don't think the HSG is the be all end all and shows everything. The lap would give me the peace of mind of knowing one way or the other for sure I guess.

Your facts are good on me! I do O well, just late and have long cycles. Dh is an all star! i have had IUI twice (well three times but the first time was the WRONG timing thanks to the clinic!!) and only one time with clomid. And I have had the egg fertilise, but not stick. I also wonder if I might have had more chemical pregnancies that never showed on HPTs...I only recently started getting the blood tests. So maybe a problem with my lining or something like endo? Ironically enough, i talked with Sapphire the other night about all of this and it was good to hear about her experiences.

As for your situation.... I like your idea. If you're going away this month right around O time then it might be best to postpone IUI til next month. And saving up the meds for then is sneaky but good. Tongue Did you O better on the higher dosage last time? I can't remember. I think you should definitely do the prog cream again, it has really seemed to help this time. ( Maybe that is why AF is late too like mine??) Stick with your plan, it is good!! Smile/happy
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:03 pm

I think you should consider the lap then. Answers are good.....this "unexplained" thing sucks! I forgot about the other IUIs -- I guess I was just thinking one because this was the first with Clomid.

When I took the double dose of Femara before, my progesterone levels were about 26. I have to laugh because that number is nothing for you but a huge accomplishment for me. Now I was that high this time on the lower dose, but I was taking that natura supplement too. I think it must work! lol. So yeah, I'm thinking do nothing this cycle, double up on meds next cycle and go for IUI. It absolutely won't work this cycle, and hubby wants to postpone it too.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:49 am

Well, we're both out for this cycle Beth! i start birth control (nuva ring) today and am all booked for my lap on March 17. How ironic that I am trying to have a baby and going on b/c??? LOL! i go for a teaching lesson next week about the whole procedure and how to prep for it, etc. Should be interesting....
Are you looking forward to your trip??
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:42 am

I always found the whole birth control thing while wanting to TTC ironic in a sick way, lol. I've used NuvaRing before. Don't be afraid to take it out during sex if it bothers either of you. It's not a barrier method obviously so you can leave it out for (I think) up to 3 hrs. Since you're only going to be on it one month this might not happen, but sometimes it can create more of a discharge or a change in CM. Sometimes I'd take it out during my shower, rinse it, and put it back. Positioning it is not exact so don't worry that you have it in right; there's kinda no wrong way as long as it's up there.

I decided to not even temp this cycle. Getting back to actively TTCing was more stressful than I expected so I'm looking forward to not worrying about anything this cycle. I'm hoarding my drugs for the next cycle! LOL!

Crap, I just did a count on the calendar. Looks like I need to pack tampons and liners for my trip because AF will probably show up at the end. OH, better take the doctor's phone # too for a "refill" on the meds! We'll be gone March 3 and home either the 19th or 20th.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 am

Hey Beth!

Yup, being on b/c while TTC is just ridiculous. I mean, I get why I am on it and all before the surgery, but still.... and the hormones are affecting me! I had a full out sob session on Saturday night. Ugh, it wasn't pretty. Good thing I only have this thing in for two weeks and a bit more.

Thanks for the tip for taking it out during sex if it is weird or uncomfortable. We'll see how it goes. If you can feel it and it is weird or hurts I don't get why younger, sexually active girls would choose this as their b/c of choice? I guess they wouldn't.....

I have an appt on Thursday pm to go and learn all about my surgery and the prep. I am kind of nervous. Like what am I getting myself into?

What are you thoughts/what have you heard on b/c help resetting your system? I have told several ppl I am on it and they all think that is the reason I am on it, not for surgery. Does it really help to do that? (I haven't googled it)

You leave for your trip this week! Are you excited? I didn't realize you'd be gone for like 2 weeks. That will be so nice to get away! Are you going in the trailer? Hope you're all packed and more or less ready to go. If I don't talk to you before then, have a wonderful trip!! xoxo
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:24 am

I should have said, don't be afraid to take the Ring out during sex if it bothers your HUSBAND, lol. Some men can feel it.

Not heard anything about the BC "resetting" the system thing. I HAVE heard that a lap can mess with your cycle for a month or two. White Lily (mel) can tell yout a bit about that. I'll ask her to make a post here for you.

Yep, TWO WEEKS! Hey, if you're going to vacation, do it right, huh? LOL! We pack our travel trailer and truck with everything (bicycles, dirt bikes, dog), and just GO!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Hey Lindzee, Neth asked me to post here about the lap surgery. This is going to be long Smile/happy I thought the easist thing would be to copy and paste what I posted on abother forum. My surgery was 2 years ago so this way it is in more detail.....

Hi everyone, I am back from my lap and still feeling a little woozy so you will have to excuse me if this doesn't make alot of sense! lol!

Right, first of all I think the anticipation was far worse than the actual procedure. I was scared stiff by this morning but now I am looking back and wondering what I was so scared about!

They took me down to theatre and I started freaking out. Being in there and seeing all the medical equipment got to me and I started bawling. The nurse was so nice to me and promised they would take good care of me and that just made me worse. The last thing I remember was trying to stop crying as they started putting the anasthtic through.

The next thing I remember was someone saying my name and as I came round there were 4 nurses around me, taking my blood presure and such. I started crying again more or less as soon as I opened my eyes and I have no idea why. I wasn't in alot of pain although I was shaking uncontroleably which they said was because of the anesthetic.

They took me back to the ward, gave me a drink and something to eat and said the surgeon would be coming to have a word with me as soon as he was out of theatre. I could tell I was going to receive bad news by the way they were talking.

So, basically my left tube is no good at all. It never developed properley and doesn't even reach the uterus. From what I can gather no dye even managed to enter it. My uterus also didn't develop as well on the left side as it did on the right which makes it a slightly different shape than it should be and slightly smaller than it should be. He assured me this would not cause a problem in pregnancy. The right side is fine and both ovaries work.

Here was the shocker for me. I have endo. It was on my ovaires and other places too, I can't remember where but that has all been removed. I asked him if it would return and he said chances are that it will eventually (something along those lines anyway!) I wasn't expecting this news at all, I have no signs of endo whatsoever, apart from infertility!

He left the left tube in which suprised me because he did say it may have to be removed in the future. Can't quite understand why they didn't take it out there and then but never mind.

So the next step for me is to go back to the fertility clinic and find out what my options are but he did say they will not perform IUI. I am assuming this means I will have to have IVF which I know there is a long waiting list for and I don't know how many atempts I will get on the NHS. I will find this out when I make my new appointment.

I did ask him if I am actually able to get pregnant naturally and he said yes so thats a good thing. So there you have it, not the best update but it could have been alot worse! Sorry fot the essay and it's probably full of spelling errors as I don't feel 100% with it at the moment.

Update on recovery

I feel I was very lucky with my recovery compared to some of the stories I have read! Mine seems to be very quick and easy!

On the day of surgery the pain wasn't that bad at all, I was quite suprised as I expected to be in more pain than I actually was. I was prescribed paracetomol 1000mg every 4 hours and they also gave me some stronger meds for if I needed them. I only used the paracetomol.

Saturday was by far the worst day. I was in quite alot of pain and was very uncomfortable. I couldn't stand up straight and was walking very slowly. Looking back I really should have taken the stronger meds they gave me that day but the side effects put me off so I didn't take them. The worst part was not being able to get comfortable no matter what position I was in. Sitting hurt, lying down hurt, being propped up hurt, I was feeling very sorry for myself! I had quite alot of pain in my ribs and chest which apparently is down to the gas, this seemed to be worse when I was lying down, felt like my bottom ribs were broken!

Sunday I was slowly starting to feel better. By the afternoon I was able to stand straighter but was still walking very slowly and was still very bloated. The rib pain was starting to subside by this point but was still noticeable! I was still constipated by the point but felt strong enough to have a shower.

Monday I stupidly tried to go back to work. I drove but really shouldn't have. Getting ready for work exhausted me and I had to leave at lunch time as I was too uncomfortable. I wore my jeans which was a mistake as I was still very bloated and bruised. As soon as I got home I put my PJ bottoms on and felt instant relief!

Tuesday I went back to work again and managed the whole day! Was still walking slowly and still tired easily but apart from that felt fine. I was no longer in pain, felt like a pulled tummy muscle from too much excercise. Driving was no problem. Still had the damn bloating though!

Wednesday (today) I feel very nearly back to normal! Still a little bloated but I think I may be back in my jeans as soon as tomorrow! Walking at a normal pace but every now and then I forget and bend too quickly or try to jog up some stairs and then I realise I should still be carefull! The bleeding has almost stopped. I still don't feel able to hoover or anything like that but apart from that I feel fine!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18399

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Also just read about the birth control comments. I think in some countries the reason they put you on BC before the lap is for scheduling purposes as they don't like to do it while AF is in town. I have read comments about BC resetting your cycle in some women, I guess we are all different. I didn't have to have BC before my lap, they don't do that here.

The lap screwed with my cycle a little bit and I have no idea why. I never heard of it happening to anyone else, maybe it was just a coincidense and it would have screwed up anyway? My LP got shorter for some reason, I never did fix it as I knew I was heading for IVF where my LP wouldn't be a problem.

If you want to know anything about the surgery just ask, I can tell you though that it's probably no-where near as bad as you think it's going to be! Good Luck Smile/happy
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:47 pm

OMG! I must fix my ticker when I have more time, I am definately not 6 days pregnant! lol!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for the (re)post Mel! I noticed your ticker and was laughing at it!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next