Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!!

5 posters

Go down

Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! Empty Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!!

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:03 am

So for the past few weeks like clock work, LM is falling asleep at 7:30 after being put to bed around 7 p.m.

Then between 9:30 and 10:00 p.m, she is waking up crying hysterically. Like a night terror cry Cry Not her usual fussing noises she makes when she wakes up and then goes back to sleep on her own. I go in and comfort her when she does this, because it is not normal. I have tried letting her cry it out, but she really is scared when she does this, she was shaking once when I went in. I give her a drink, give her some cuddles and put her back down. Sometimes it takes her up to 45 minutes to fall back to sleep.

THEN she wakes up AGAIN. Anywhere between 12:30 and 1:30 a.m. The second waking she usually just fusses and then wakes up and talks as if it's time to wake up for the morning. I usually leave her at this time.

But she is much crankier, I am much crankier since this started. Her naps surprisingly are not lengthening even though she is having this night waking issue. Her nose is not stuffy, her ears are not infected. I tried giving her some ibuprofen last night before bed as a trial to see if it was pain that was waking her. Nope. Like clockwork, she woke at the exact times I mentioned above. She is not too hot or too cold, nothing is really wrong that I can see, and she is eating enough.

Any suggestions? I'm so tired, I need to be able to go to sleep at night.

xxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! Empty Re: Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!!

Post  chrisb Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Emy occasionally wakes up like that that, she did last night. Like high pitch terrified screaming. I thought maybe it was her two year old molars, I haven't checked again but last time I looked the last one was almost through. I pick her up and she clings to me for a minute then I put her back down and she goes right back. I'm not sure what it is.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17835
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!! Empty Re: Need Advice, we are having sleep issues again!!

Post  Angel Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:49 pm

how long ARE her naps sweety? Last time I spoke to you they seemed unusually long still for her age,but of course all kids are different...I would say it MAY be her 2 year molars.Have youstill got a fan on in her room,away from her but making noise?Should could be woken up by a noise each night? Other than that,if her nap is longer than 1hr 30 mins,I would try and keep it under that as it sounds lie sometimes when she wakes up,she's just not tired.I hope you find what works,I know yu are persistent and will find the right thing! Smile/happy x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 pm

She naps an hour to an hour and a half max. Very normal for her, always has been. Most of my friends are shocked that her naps are so short. Most of their kids nap 2-2.5 hours at least. Once in a great while I will get a 2 hour nap out of her, but that is rare.

I had her checked at the doctors today. Her feet are horrible. All cracked and bleeding. She picked up some kind of a fungus from the mall play area. Not cool. This could be the issue Cry

I don't feel any molars coming in, but that doesn't mean her gums aren't sore.

I hope she teethes these last teeth before the baby is born.

Thanks everyone. xxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 am

Hmmmmm....we went through a simular thing with Theo. I never did find the cause or reason he just stopped and has gone back to sleeping right the way through the night again. So nothing to really say that's gunna help you out other than saying for Theo it passed so hopefully the same happens for LM.

Just to add Theo has a 2 hour nap a day and would sleep longer BUT I wake him up, I think 1.5-2 hours is about spot on! Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:55 pm

First time posting in like decades, sorry ladies. Jayden and just life in general has me running. Jayden naps anywhere from 1-2.5 hrs a day when she does take a nap. But, lately she's been waking up at night too, for a cup, or to watch tv, though her wake ups are anywhere from 3am - 5am. If she sleeps past 6:30am, it's a great morning for me. She plays so hard though while she's up, and then konks out. And then is up and revving to go again whenever she wake up. I attribute it to her very active lifestyle(for lack of a more appropriate word). I have been wondering if this is just a phase that some toddlers go through, or if I need to change something in her awake/sleep routine.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down