Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Sleep Routines? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Sleep Routines? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Sleep Routines? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Sleep Routines? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Sleep Routines? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Sleep Routines? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Sleep Routines? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Sleep Routines? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Sleep Routines? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Sleep Routines? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sleep Routines?

4 posters

Go down

Sleep Routines? Empty Sleep Routines?

Post  Ginny Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:35 am

Hey everybody!
I know I would probably be slapped on the hand but every night at 830 pm I nurse Thane to sleep in my bed and then I TRY to put him in his playyard beside my bed. He sleeps in there sometimes for 2 hours sometimes for 4 hours - just depends, but he always winds up in the bed with me! I am perfectly comfy with the co sleeping and I LOVE to cuddle with him esp since i miss out during the day! My question is though, what is your sleep routine with your baby!? I used to nurse him and then put him in his playyard awake and he'd go out just fine, now that he's older that isnt happening. I would like to start a new routine since i probably won't be nursing much longer and need a different way to get him to bed. any ideas?

thanks!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20155
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Sleep Routines? Empty Re: Sleep Routines?

Post  Gutter Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Hey Ginny!! Since you've asked, thought I'd answer what Audrey and I go through at our sleep routine.

At 6:30pm I get Audrey in the bathtub, then we go on my bed and I put her in pj's and give her her bottle. Then after her bottle, I pick her up and she cuddles into my neck to her bedroom and I put her in her crib and she's out for the night until 5:30am.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20131
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:50 pm

good lord! that's awesome gutter!!! I don't mind it, but thane still wakes up off and on thru the night every night is different...but that's great that audrey sleeps so well - she's such a sweet little baby Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:53 pm

well, i guess i will share kaydances routine since i think its pretty different from anyone elses on the board.

We get home from daycare around 5-5:30 and she will play in the living room usually for a few minutes while i unpack her bag and sit for a minute. If shes hungry i will usually give her the last bottle of the day around then too! otherwise she just plays. If shes acting sleepy i will usually do a booty change and get her into pjs and play with her for a while longer or read a book with her. usually around 6-6:15 shes crabby and rubbing her eyes, so i put her in her crib, give her a kiss, tell her i love her and leave the room, and within minutes shes asleep and out till usually 6:30-7am. sometimes she will sleep later (maybe 8-8:30) on the weekends. We usually do her baths in the morning just because we dont have the time at night since she goes to bed so early (by her own choice i might add, ive tried keeping her up later and she either just gets totally fussy, or is up and down all night if i dont let her go to bed when she wants, but hey she sleeps all night, so it cant be so bad).

24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18835
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Well,Tia is only 4 months so she is not settled yet obviously but her routine is pretty much the same. Mostdays she wakes up when I do,around 7-7:30 (sometimes later)Then I BF her in bed with me for a little whil,we get up and go downstairs and I put her in her chair.Around 9-9:30 am,she gets really hungry and sleepy,so I feed her again and she usally falls asleep on me for about half an hour,then throughout the days,we move from tummy,to bouncry chair,to swing,tummy and whatever she lets me do! LOL

Throughoutthe day,she usually only falls asleep while she nurses then she wakes as soon as I move.She never really naps for more than 30 mins,on theODD occasion she will sleep for an hour and a half,but its rare and I don't push her to take a nap.Then around 8-9m,she will cluster feed then fall asleep for the night,I dream feed her around midnight or 11pm dependin on when I go to bed,then she usually wakes once arund 4-5am for a feed then sleep until we wake for the day.I don't mind this arrangement,she currently sleeps either in bed with me o in her circulr bssinet,she is getting too big for it now though and I want to move her to her crib at 5 months.We'll see how it goes,she takes naps in there just fine,I think if you can get him used to nappin in his room by himself then he will have no worries sleeping alone.I know it's hard to let go.Once again it is harder to let go of them ,more for the mother than the baby.Thane would probably have no problem,it's more your problem right now that he sleeps with you.If it's not bothering anyone then it's fine but be prepared for the transition to be harder the longer you wait and one day you WILL want your bed back and it will be considered 'unhealhty' for him to sleep with you.I think it's up to the parets and within reason you'll make the moe whn your ready.I do know though how hard it is when it's so niceto cuddle.It's something youboth have to adjust to!I am not looking forward to putting Tia in her room at night.I love having her with me and waking up to her smile.The thign is,I will still get the smile,I will just have to walk a few feet more! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21364
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:41 pm

haha!! That's a funny way to put it Holi!!! I would have to walk A WHOLE bunch more feet to get to Thane if he was in his room...i think we need to re-think that whole thing...cuz he is on the other side of our house! I am just not ok with it and you are right, its def me more than him!!! :-D He LOVES his room, but only for play. if i left him in there to sleep he'd be like "Uh...WTF!?" Or no, i sure HOPE he wouldn't use such FOUL language but you know what i mean!! LOL He would be like "Mommy, what are you doing!?" I know that i will have to do that eventually, but i think it would be much easier this upcoming summer when Blaine is home again for a long time cuz they could be together! That wouldn't be so bad! If blaine was home all the time, i'd probably have just had them share a room. I may actually do that in the long run and take the master bedroom back!

Thanks everyone!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down