Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Project Home-maker! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Project Home-maker! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Project Home-maker! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Project Home-maker! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Project Home-maker! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Project Home-maker! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Project Home-maker! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Project Home-maker! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Project Home-maker! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Project Home-maker! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Project Home-maker!

+10
galaxy
Lily*Blossom
mscherry42
Georgi
Helen
dolly's momma
Toffee
24Penguins
Lou Lou
Angel
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Project Home-maker! Empty Project Home-maker!

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:20 pm

I am embarking on a self improvement programe.I will explain this in a sec.I hope you all don't mind but I am gonna add it to the hot topics.I would like to become a well organised mother/wife and person.I think it will help me clear up a lot of issues and also help my life and the life of my children;I feel it's really important to do this.

To give you all an idea of the way things are currently here's how my house is run;

Kids; baby is 3 months old,breastfed.Sleeps mostly through the night,doesnt really nap in the day.
Teo is 4 1/2 and hyperactive.He does not really have a schedual/routine apart from meals and bedtime.In between he pretty ,uch watched TV,plays in the garden,some nights we go for a walk.Thats it

Housework: Is sparodic,I usually don't clean everyday.Kitchen every 2-3 days,this means it gets trashed,looks nasty and does not motivate me to clean it.Bathrooms are left until they get nasty as well (soap scum on baths,spots in mirrors,full trash cans,toothpaste in sinks).Bedrooms arent TOO bad,clothes are left on floor sometimes and beds are NEVER made in my house Ashamed .Lounge is covered in toys most of the day,I make him pick them up at night and put them in the ottoman (sp?) it doubles as a toy chest.He reFUSES to play in his room EVER.Apart from that it's pretty tidy.

Cooking; Sparodic.I usually wait until we get STARVING before making anything,it\s usually snacks all day.Not really unhealhty ones but no REAL meals.Maybe once a week I will cook something.

Shopping,I try to go on the weekend when I can leave little boy at home with daddy.

Work; 3 days a week I have kids for a half day,2 days a week a full 10 hour day.(these days vary)

As you can see,my life is packed full.I am a professional procrastonator.I have no routine.No organisation or schedual so to speak.I am looking into putting my son in preschool for a half day 5 days a week.

So...I am going to (tonight) put together a schedual,chores list and TRY and stick to it.i will post it here!it might not be up until later.

My goal here is to start having a clean organised house and life,to cook nutritious meals for my family and myself and in turn have a more organised day and life and feel better about myself and more able to cope without letting things get untidy or on top of me!

I hope this makes sense?I would appreciate any input.Please be patient with me,it really does not come naturally to me.I would love to be more like some of you ladies on here in your home lives!I also am going to try and copy some of you with the cooking/shopping thing.

I will pick out say 20 meal recipies and put them in a box in my kitchen,each weak choose 7 and write everything on my shopping list that I need to make them and get them when I do my weekly shop...is this what you do?Oh god I SUCK at this already...no ***slaps self*** I must think positively,I CAN do this...ok...

Off I go to write lists n such!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21310
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Project Home-maker! Empty Re: Project Home-maker!

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:32 pm

great idea angel!
I am BY NO MEANS a super organized person and could def. benefit from this thread too!

If I can make one suggestion about your meal plan is that when you pick your meals, try to lump recipes together that share some of the same ingredients. That will help you save time and money. For instance, if you need chopped onion in 2 recipes go ahead and chop all the onion and then you'll be one step ahead for the next meal. Also, if you don't have a crock pot - get one! It could be your best friend! Even if you only use it once a week that is one meal a week you don't have to spend so much time on!

I look forward to seeing your schedule and I'd love to see your meal plan too!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20259
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:41 pm

Lou Lou wrote:great idea angel!
I am BY NO MEANS a super organized person and could def. benefit from this thread too!

If I can make one suggestion about your meal plan is that when you pick your meals, try to lump recipes together that share some of the same ingredients. That will help you save time and money. For instance, if you need chopped onion in 2 recipes go ahead and chop all the onion and then you'll be one step ahead for the next meal. Also, if you don't have a crock pot - get one! It could be your best friend! Even if you only use it once a week that is one meal a week you don't have to spend so much time on!

I look forward to seeing your schedule and I'd love to see your meal plan too!

Oh god,I am gonna sound so stupid here....whats a crock pot?
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 pm

a slow cooker.....

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20259

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 pm

omg angel i sound just like you, like seriously i could have written your OP!!! lol, now i feel bad for you :cry:

im so gonna stalk this thread and i hope to get something out of it as well!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18781
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:10 pm

Great idea Angel!

I'd say with cleaning, clean as you go along. You see stuff on the floor sweep it (mop maybe twice a week). That way it's always nice and there's no big clean. Have a weekly laundry day(s).

With the bathroom, spray the loo/bath/shower a couple of times a week and actually scrub it once? Wipe the sink if you see toothpaste on. And give the bathroom a weekly clean, just spray/sweep in between.

Little bits a long the way help lots!
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 17968

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Ok,so I speant the rest of the day on this.Let me know what you think...It's gonn be really hard but knowing the way I am and my flaky ADD driven minfd,I NEED a schedual.I cannot do these things by myself

Project Home-maker! 2qjyj5z

Daily Chores:

*Empty/load dishwasher
*Washing drying clothes
*Cleaning kitchen surfaces

Weekly Chores (one each day of the week);

*Vacuuming entire house (upstairs n down)
* Mopping floors
* Dusting all surfaces
* Cleaning Bathrooms
* Cleaning glass/windows

Monthly Chores;

* Bills
* Cleaning out Cars
* Cleaning out fridge
* Rearranging messy shelves (books DVD’s)
* Restocking Cupboards

Free Time Activities:

* Reading/Learning with Teo
* Time on Computer
* Personal Crafts Projects
* Phone calls
* Relaxing
Q = Quiet time for Teo (nap or playing in his room)

Last edited by Angel on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:50 pm

PS,Sorry about the poor format,it changed when I put it on here!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 pm

that is a wonderful start angel!!! looking great already, plus after a week or two you will know whats going to work best, and be able to tweak your plan a bit and things will go great!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:04 pm

Thanks,I have my weekly scheduals based on what my neighbour is doing with work.SO some days I will have to get up at 7:00 Am,I think though,on those days i will still keep breakfast at the same time and the rest of my schedual!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:08 pm

thats cool! would be good to just stick with the schedule more than likely, otherwise if it varies to much day to day, it will never become routine, which im assuming is the point of such a rigid schedule, to one day be able to just do all of this without thinking about it, right?

hehe i wish i could sleep till 7-8!!! hahaha, up at 5:30-6:15 everyday!!! oh well, at least kaydie goes to bed early lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Yeah,thats the idea.To train me lol.Screw that getting up early crap.That is one thing you will NEVER train me to do.It's just not natural for me.I get up early IF it's required on the odd occasion.I used to get up at 2-3pm before I had kids.I used to go to work at 5pm and get hom about 2-3am depending on where I went after work.I am still adjusting to being woken up,even after having a 4 year old wake me up ealry.I train him to go to bed at 7:30 get up at 7:30.If he wakes earlier i tell him to play quietly in his room.He will usually do this or go turn the TV on which I dont mind.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:21 pm

lol, kaydance will play in her crib quietly for a while (if im not up, if she hears me in the house moving around thats it! lol) and then she will get impatient for her morning bottle, so she will stand up in her crib and throw whatever blankets and toys she has in there over the edge onto the floor!!! lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:21 pm

Of course he is older now, but my son knows he has to play in his room until 8:00 am on Saturdays. He wakes up at the crack of dawn, and used to run ask us if he could watch cartoons (tv shares a wall with our bedroom) so my sleep was always disturbed from that point on.

His room looks like a disaster zone by the time we get up.....but hey, what do I care HE has to clean it. :lol:

*** I too would keep your morning routine at the same time. Those two days it will just give you an hour before the whole circus begins for the day. Of course if you are like me in the morning you will spend the whole hour staring at the wall or something like a zombie...I am NOT a morning person. I get my best sleep after my husband gets up!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18383
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:30 pm

LOL,yeah me too.I wake up on those mornings at 7 just before they arrive.I stumble out of bed with the baby,throw on some gym pants and sit on the couch until the come in where I am sitting bleary eyed and croaky voiced .I remain there for then next half hour or so at least in the same state until someone asks for breakfast! LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:31 pm

lol angel your discriptions are always so vivid!!!! lol!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:22 am

Angel wrote:Ok,so I speant the rest of the day on this.Let me know what you think...It's gonn be really hard but knowing the way I am and my flaky ADD driven minfd,I NEED a schedual.I cannot do these things by myself

Project Home-maker! 2qjyj5z

Daily Chores:

*Empty/load dishwasher
*Washing drying clothes
*Cleaning kitchen surfaces

Weekly Chores (one each day of the week);

*Vacuuming entire house (upstairs n down)
* Mopping floors
* Dusting all surfaces
* Cleaning Bathrooms
* Cleaning glass/windows

Monthly Chores;

* Bills
* Cleaning out Cars
* Cleaning out fridge
* Rearranging messy shelves (books DVD’s)
* Restocking Cupboards

Free Time Activities:

* Reading/Learning with Teo
* Time on Computer
* Personal Crafts Projects
* Phone calls
* Relaxing
Q = Quiet time for Teo (nap or playing in his room)

Thats brilliant hun !!! I really should do one of these lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17656
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 am

Well your not alone Angel, I surprise myself sometimes with just how organised and neat I am at work and then how un-tidy I am at home.

I really struggle to get myself motivated to do housework, infact the only thing that really gets my butt in gear is when I know someone is coming over and I can in a matter of an hour or two, spring clean and make everything shiny.

The one room in our house that stays pretty tidy is the lounge but for us the kitchen is usually always a mess with pots and pans waiting to be washed, I get so sick to death of doing it all myself though that sometimes I will leave things soaking just to see if my DH will actually do something!!

I do clean the bathroom at least once a week though and that is because my hair gets everywhere so if I didn't it would just be awful.

I do cook every evening without fail and usually just after I have put Theo to bed so we do have some kind of rountine.

I wouldn't possibly be able to follow some kind of schedual though......not for me!!! I just need to snap out of being so darn lazy and when Theo is napping I should be cleaning instead of being on here moaning about being un-tidy!!!! :lol!:

goodluck though babe, I look forward to seeing how well you get on with following this! x x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21363

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:41 am

lol! georgi your to funny! hehe i do the same thing too though like last night i sat on here all night while my dishes from dinner sat in the sink LOL! i need help too Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:07 am

I really like this thread. We don't have a strict routine, but there is one floating around there. When I'm off, I have to get up at 6:30am to get Jadah ready for school. Sometimes Jayden wakes up too, sometimes not. Today, she's up. I gave her a cup and now she's playing on the floor. Jadah leaves the house at 7:05am. Jayden sometimes will eat a big bowl of oatmeal in a few, then nap until about 9am. I could straighten the living room and do the dishes, but probably won't. I won't be cooking breakfast. DF washed clothes last night, so I should be folding laundry too. I thinkn I'm off to clean. You ladies have motivated me. I will definitely be applying your weekly recipes idea, Angel. Take care. I'll be back soon, as I can't seem to just clean straight through.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19416
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:41 am

Thanks guys.I have decided that this weekend (today) I am going to spend cleaning up and getting ready and shopping.stocking up.Then hopefully everything will be clean for next week and my daily chores wont be so hard! Anyway...I also need some suggestions.I need perhaps some suggestions as to when I can spend time with Teo on his work or doing something for him and define that aside from 'me' time.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:22 pm

This is a great idea, Angel.I look forward to seeing you carry it out, I know you can do it. You are going to feel really accomplished once you have this down. P.S. if you want some slow cooker or yummy healthy recipes let me know, I've got a ton Smile/happy

As far as my routine.

I wake up when LM does. I cuddle her for a bit and talk to her, DH or myself changes her. She plays with her hanging toys on her floor mat whilst sitting in her bumbo seat. I make breakfast.

DH usually is out the door by 8:45 a.m. I feed LM a bottle and her breakfast cereal at this point. Depending on when she woke up for the day.... she will go down for her first nap between 9 and 10 a.m. I then jump in the shower, get dressed, and unload my dishwasher. I wipe down the kitchen, ect. I start a load of laundry.

After I finish the kitchen, I will chill on the computer for a while, until LM wakes up from her nap. Then I devote an hour to playing with her, reading to her, over-seeing her tummy time, ect. She usually has some formula around noon, and I feed her baby food anywhere between 12:20 and 1 pm. She goes down for an afternoon nap anywhere between 1 and 2:30 pm, it depends on when she woke up from her 1st nap of the day. While she sleeps, I fold clothes for a while, wipe down or deep clean our bathrooms if they need it. I tidy up DH and I's room, or whatever. If I finish with this, I talk to friends on the computer, catch up on facebook, Parent Paradise, ect. When When the baby wakes up, I play with her for a bit. I will also do the vacuuming if I feel the carpet needs it Smile/happy

I start dinner around 4:30 or 5 pm. LM goes down for a short cat nap around this time as well. DH gets home about 5:15-5:45 p.m. We eat, and when LM wakes up, we all hang out as a family. LM gets her bath from DH around 7:20 p.m. She has her last bottle and solids for the night, then she goes to bed around 8 p.m. I stay up and hang out with DH for about 30 minutes to an hour. We usually watch part of a movie, or one of the many sitcoms we have on dvd.

We don't have cable or satellite, and I love it. I spend way less time wasting time watching rubbish.

I don't have exact times that I do certain things, but I keep it within a time frame, which works alongside my daughter's schedule Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20868

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Holi, what sort of things do you like to eat? I could post you some recipes that are easy so you are not spending too much time chopping and peeling. What do you give Teo? Maybe fresh fruit and veg every day and regular meals would help his behaviour. I am in no way assuming you don't give him that already. I felt my house was getting pretty similar recently so I have just employed a cleaner now that I have a decent job and more money coming in. She is doing 2 hours a weeks for me and does the bathroom, kitchen and if there is any time left she can do ironing. I only have to worry about the living room, dining room, bedrooms and sun lounge then. I know you might not be able to afford it every week but what about getting someone in to help you blitz the place and then it will be easier to get on top of. You will get there hun. Do you think you may be depressed? I know I start to neglect everything like that when I am low, I stop looking after myself too, like washing and eating and then when I am starving I binge. If you think you are, see someone, maybe some meds could help. Another idea is SADS, maybe light therapy could help. Let us know how things are going!
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19689
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:11 pm

galaxy wrote:Holi, what sort of things do you like to eat? I could post you some recipes that are easy so you are not spending too much time chopping and peeling. What do you give Teo? Maybe fresh fruit and veg every day and regular meals would help his behaviour. I am in no way assuming you don't give him that already. I felt my house was getting pretty similar recently so I have just employed a cleaner now that I have a decent job and more money coming in. She is doing 2 hours a weeks for me and does the bathroom, kitchen and if there is any time left she can do ironing. I only have to worry about the living room, dining room, bedrooms and sun lounge then. I know you might not be able to afford it every week but what about getting someone in to help you blitz the place and then it will be easier to get on top of. You will get there hun. Do you think you may be depressed? I know I start to neglect everything like that when I am low, I stop looking after myself too, like washing and eating and then when I am starving I binge. If you think you are, see someone, maybe some meds could help. Another idea is SADS, maybe light therapy could help. Let us know how things are going!

THanks Emma n everyone else who Is offering to send me recipies.I do actually know quite a few but,I could always use A few more so yes please everyone who has offered, Smile/happy

Also..I am not depressed Em,thanks for worrying,I have ALWAYS been messy,disorganised and scatty,its the way I've always been.I have ADD n just dont deal well with motivating myself.Thats why I fely I need to make the schedual public so all of you (*my cyber sisters:) ) will perhaps help when you see me online too much in the week,or my time on here is not during my free time perhaps you guys can shout at me n help me do my thing.

I ALWAYS tell myself 'later' but later never comes or is a few days later lol!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 pm

lol i do the same thing angel!!! i am such a bad procrastinator, like right now online here while im at work!!! hahahaha, dont tell my boss Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next