Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period?

+3
24Penguins
Angel
Lily*Blossom
7 posters

Go down

How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? Empty How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period?

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

I have no idea how much whole milk LM should have. Should I try to get her to drink as much whole milk as she was formula?? I am still giving her formula if she wakes up in the middle of the night and also cows milk mixed with formula before bed.

Also... is it okay to microwave the cows milk?? She will not take it cold???

I'm new at this as you can see Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? Empty Re: How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period?

Post  Angel Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 am

Hey Tiff,I think now that shes a year old she can have ONLY cows milk if you want her too,maybe just get her iron levels chcked if you can.Thats the only factor in giving cows milk.As for microwaving it,you certainly can,I used to do this for Teo ever since her drank it.Just make sure you try it for 20-30 seconds depeding on the microwave and then swill it round well so the hot milk mixes with the cold and she doesnt get burnt! xx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period? Empty Re: How much whole milk should she have in a 24 hour period?

Post  24Penguins Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:47 am

i offer kaydance whole milk with every meal! she usually gets a good amount during the day, but i dont force it on her if shes not wanting it, i just make sure shes not getting to much juice or tea or anything if she wont drink her milk. she usually just drinks it up, no problems!! i dont really monitor though like how many ounces shes drinking, i just assume shes getting enough if shes having 3+ glasses (sippys) a day!

i too warm it in the microwave, as she doesnt like it most of the time when its really cold, esp in the mornings. but she will drink it cold if she has to (i find she wont drink nearly as much though if its cold out of the fridge!) and i found that the amount of time you need to heat it depends on the sippy you put it in. i just take the lid off and put the whole cup in the microwave and the thicker plastic cups like her gerber ones i microwave for 40-45 second to make the milk warm but not hot, but the thin plastic cups, like the walmart re-use or recycle cups, i only heat them 20-25 seconds as they warm much quicker!!

hope that helps hun! (i was the same way at first lol, i had no idea what i was doing!)
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Yes that helps loads thanx!!!

She had her iron levels checked recently, and she is doing well. I also give her a baby liquid vitamin daily that has iron.... so I know she is ready for the cows milk Smile/happy

I'm just gonna keep offering her the cows milk. Right now she seems to only like it mixed with formula.... so I am slowly adding more and more cows milk and less formula until she is totally on the cows milk Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:17 pm

good luck!! im sure she will adjust well over time Smile/happy its sooo much easier too when they are on milk, and loads cheaper!! LOL!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:19 pm

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a question for you, Tiff, or all the other ladies I guess. When did you first introduce cows milk to the little ones? Did you wait until your doc gave the ok? How did you first introduce it and how much? See, I know absolutely nothing about this, hehehe. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:51 pm

kaydance got cows milk the first time at daycare after her first birthday, and she tolerated it fine. i still gave her some formula at the house because i had it and there was no point wasting it, so she got a mix throughout the day (i figured that would be easier on her tummy to, to transition not switch it cold turkey) so by 2 weeks after her first birthday i would say she was on 100% cows milk. when she had her 12 month check up at her dr office (at 13 months lol) the Dr asked me if she was drinking any cows milk and i told him she was switched over and off formula and he said that was wonderful, since she had no problems with it, to just continue on. shes never had any allergies or anything and neither me or charles have had a reaction to milk, so i wasnt worried about it, but i figure if anyone in the family had problems with milk or she couldnt tolerate normal formula i would have waited and talked to the dr first!

hope that helps some (lol, she was really easy to switch!! i just got lucky!!)
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I started giving it to T-li about 2 weeks ago regularly (she will be 9 months old in a few days) She is still breastfed on demand and it's her main drink but I try to give her a couple of inches in her sippy cup each day as she likes it,dispises formula and wont even taste it,and I want to wean her after her next visit.It will be a whole lot easier once she likes and drinks cows milk on a regular basis! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Audrey has been on whole cow's milk since she was about 10/11 months old. After she turned a year old I have been giving her 8 oz in the morning about an hour after her cereal and 8 oz right before bed. She gets water or watered down juice in the afternoon.

skyllar wrote:I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a question for you, Tiff, or all the other ladies I guess. When did you first introduce cows milk to the little ones? Did you wait until your doc gave the ok? How did you first introduce it and how much? See, I know absolutely nothing about this, hehehe. Smile/happy

Hey sweetie, I started introducing it in Audrey's cereal when she was about 9 months old.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:15 pm

At Owen's 9 month apt they told me I could switch him but I just felt like it was a little early.
I decided to hold off until the middle of this month (he'll be 10 1/2 months) I'm hoping to do it slowly so that by his first birthday we've made the full switch. I had thought about starting right at 10 months but he's teething and his tummy is upset and I didn't want to make it any harder on him.

Thanks for making this thread Tiff. I wasn't sure how much milk to give after 1 either!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks ladies, for all your great comments. It's weird, Kian is almost 1 and I haven't given him cow's milk yet (he had yogurt and cheese, but no milk). My ped says she wanted me to ideally continue nursing until he is two, but seems a little long, LOL. So maybe we will try him on a little bit of cows milk and see how its goes. Thanks again for all your responses and thanks to Tiff for starting this useful thread!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Hey Tiff!
I actually give Thane about 14 - 18 oz in a 24 hour period (or at least my baby sitter does)...BUT remember I am still nursing so he gets TONS of milk from that when i home. I pretty much never give him cows milk cuz he prefers to nurse.

Nicki, I wonder how Kian will do? Is he TOTALLY a boobie baby or does he take bottles and sippies pretty well? Thane has despised the bottle since day one but took well to the sippie really BUT if i am around he wants to nurse, which makes it hard to consider weaning. I was just wondering how ya'll are doing with it. Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is wondering about cow's milk Smile/happy

As far as introducing it to LM.... She started getting whole organic yogurt at 9 months. I give it to her as an afternoon snack.

This is the brand they sell at my grocery store.
http://www.stonyfield.com/OurProducts/YoBaby.cfm

Now I just give her formula in the morning and in the evening mixed with cow's milk. I give her straight cow's milk the rest of the day.

Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down