Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010

+12
skyllar
sapphire
chrisb
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
Lou Lou
MommaBear
dolly's momma
sparkles
LeanneWhitney
galaxy
Angel
16 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 Empty Re: Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010

Post  sparkles Mon May 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi all
I havent posted here in forever lol
i havent even caught up so i apologise. But both kids are asleep so i thought i would finally post
How is everyone
well i am great as are my two gorgeous kids lol

Just a quick update about us
Kyrah turned two last week and we had an awesome birthday with her, she was sooo excited and was saying birthday, I'll be two!!!" all week leading up to it. We went out to lunch on her bday with Hubby, then family came over fri night and we had abirthday dinner ( and her two best friends- my best friends kids) and she got her wish and had her "snake" cake lol then saturady we had her ' bring your bike or scooter to the park party' as she got a scooter and we had about 30 people , it was great fun , she had elmo and cookie monster cup cakes and loved blowing out the candles and she got spoilt rotten. Kyrah is doing fantastic, she is talking so so much, startoing to talk in sentences, for e.g. she seen some kids outside yesterday with their scooters and she said "look mum kids scooter like me". She is also still in the process of toliet traiing, she rarely has an accident with wee's but doesnt seem to do poo on the potty or toilet but will tell me when she has done it lol but she is getting there. She sure is full of energry and loves her trampoline and loves to pretend play and paints all the time. She loves her new brother so much she smothers him, sometimes when she is tired or whingy she will kiss him them NIP him, which i am getting very mad at her about. We have the toddler tantrums of course and she gets sent to her room, where she wikll scream , throw things on the floor and will often wee on the floor in her room ( must be an attention thing or loses control of bladder when crying/screaming) but she is good at saying sorry . Overall she is going really well and loves playing with other children. we have heaps of friends with kids so i prob wont put her in day care until she is 3 maybe for a day a week, will see as i amhome, but i know she will love it.

As for Hudson, well he is 4 weeks old tomorrow and is STILL a really chilled out baby, he has such a lovely nature and only cries when he is really hungry, he grunts otherwise lol, he is very alert and looks around alot and has just started to smile every now and then, his siter usually gets all of them. He is very strong and can hold his neck 90 degrees already. He has put on a whole KG since birth and grown 4 cm. he is getting sooo big and doesnt look like a newborn anymore. He is feeding really well and is just gorgeous.And sleeps well, likes sleeping on his belly though. At night he usually feeeds around 9 pm down around 10pm then sleeps till about 2ish then about 6ish or so, so pretty good.

As for me - i am doing great so far having 2 kids isnt a huge difference from having one, I guess i am already use to the routine and not sleeping in etc as it was more of a shock to the system when Kyrah was born. I feel great, dont feel like i have had a baby this time recovered pretty much within the first 3 days. feel Normal " down there" again and have nearly gone back to my original size, hips etc still have to go down obviously etc. But my stiomach is almost flat - must have been caus ehe was so big) but i have about 5 kg to go - not that i am worried or tryig to lose it. Hubby is loving having two kids even though he likes them when they are a bit older- more interactive. He is a great help, even with his rugby and travel for work.
So i know its early days and i am sure i will have my good and bad days which i have had already of course- my first day hoome with the two kids when hubby finished hols, Kyrah was teething and threw tantrums all day, bit Hudso on the head, and Hudson wouldnt sleep during the day hardly and wanted to be held lol i felt like tearing my hair out that day lol but all good. yesterday i appriciated it as they were both angels, beahviour and sleep wise hehe
Well thats us in a nut shell
hope everyone and your kids are great
happy mothers Day- i got spoilt and got a lovely day spa package from hubby - cant wait to use it and Hubby and I are going to start up our once a month dates again soon, which were a lovely break for us two and put a bit of spice back into ur life- and the grandparents love the baby sitting lol

xoxo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19581
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 5 Empty Re: Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010

Post  sparkles Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Haha and i said just a "quick" note sorry so long lol
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed May 12, 2010 9:47 pm

mscherry -- Congrats on (unofficially) getting that new job!!! How exciting!! Smile/happy

Sparkles -- Sounds like you, Kyrah and Hudson are doing fantastic!!! Smile/happy Yay!!!

As for us, we just had my Mom from Germany here for a week (she came for my commencement) and then my ILS were here from the day she left till this morning. I really enjoyed having my Mom here - she misses out on so many things being so far away. That was actually the first - and most likely only - time she saw me pregnant. Kian is doing great with his German, he knows so much - it is crazy. With my ILs he then picked up some English words and phrases, but still spoke German to me. We were glad though today, when everybody left, lol. Now I am off for the summer and am hoping to enjoy the time with DH and Kian before baby #2 arrives. Kian loves to play cooking, with his Legos and wooden train set and of course, loves to garden. He knows the names of most of our vegetable seedlings and can recognize the plants. We planted a lot of different things so he can see and harvest it all. Tonight is Kian's first night in his toddler bed - he napped in it today and it went fine (although I had to stay with him until he fell asleep). I am curious to see how tonight goes.

How is everybody else doing?
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 am

oh Dur,silly me.I asked how you were doing Rhi and then realised you had posted here LOL.Lovely update.Sorry about the tantrums and jealousy,sounds like you are handleing it well and that it's normal though.Hugs to you! Smile/happy

Nikki,I am excited for all thats going on in your life too.I love to hear that you are growing your own veggies and talking in German to Kian...I really wish I would have done it with Teo although I do some with him in homsechool lessons Smile/happy

as for us..

Tia-li is going to be 2 in july.it flies too quickly doesnt it.She's a little sweety.Talking lots now,she will repeat pretty much any word you say in her own way which is funny.Milk=mook,Teo =Toe,pretty=pitty (which is everything when it's not 'eeeewww!'lol) idokay=it's okay and that's what she tells someone who has an ouch.LOL She ALWAYS wants to be outside which is hard for us as we have no yard or grass really just parking lot and she will not listen and come back when called,she just runs!Sometimes I walk her around the block,but we have a hard time sitting outside to play coz she won't stay with us.She loves Thomas the tank engine (train) as well,which for those of you who know teo,know how devestating that is to me.6 years of him loving it is enough to drive me crazy.I would oprefer barbies!LOl

Teo is doing great,I don't know if I told any of you one here,but back in march,we decided to start homsechooling him for various reason,too long to explain now.But I am loving it and he is doing GREAT wat better than in school and he is finally starting to read and he does 1st grade math workbooks although he is still in Kindergarten! I am very proud of him and he's a great little boy! :)He is finally getting healthy again after that AWFUl spell of sickness after his shots last december.He was sick for almsot 12 weeks straight on and off and got SO skinny.I thought he had worms!He is finally putting back on some weright,although he's still very slender he's doing WAY better!

I will be starting my degree end of summer and hopefully visiting my family in july as I am finally about to get my green card!da da da daaaaaahhhh!!!!!!! finally! Wooo....just a few more weeks! Smile/happy hugs to all! xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu May 13, 2010 8:59 am

skylar,
sounds like you and family had a nice visit. now you can relax and just wait for precious #2 to arrive.

angel,
i didn't know you were homeschooling teo. glad to know he's doing awesome and is ahead of his actual grade. tia-li sounds like such a precious little ham, with all her cute words.

afm,
as some wonderful stroke of luck would have it, jayden is still sleeping at almost 8am, woohoo! jadah's softball team lost yesterday, which was a huge disappointment since we had beaten them earlier in the season, and needed to again to keep our ranking up. but, that's ok, it happens, and jadah played outstanding.

i hope you all have a great day.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu May 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Hey Ms cherry,good to see you!nice that you're getting sleep.How r things with your new man? Still great!I hope so,you sure deserve it! Smile/happy Sorry about the softball team.Tia-li is really such a funny little sweety,she LOVES when people sing to her and will sit bobbing her head with a huge grin on her face! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon May 17, 2010 2:20 am

Lucy was too cute tonight. We went to goodwill today to look for clothes for the 4th grader's big project presentation costume. Lucy latched onto a grimey Dora the Explorer stuffed doll. We bought it, and when she was distracted threw it into the washer.

Bedtime, Daddy put her to bed while I fished Dora out of the dryer (looking like new!) and gave her to Lucy. She was so excited. She was in her bed talking and singing 45 minutes, so Daddy went in and laid on our bed with Lucy and Dora, and Lucy was all cuddly and snuggly (she never is!) So about 15 min later I went in to get me some of that snuggle time. Heck no. Lucy put up her hand and said ''Bye Bye Momma'' very firmly lol. So I left them.

Half an hour later Daddy is snoring and Lucy is snuggled against him still chattering away. ''Dora, Dora, Dora, blah blah blah.'' Being the mean authority figure parent I put her back in her bed and made sure all the lights were out so it was totally dark. Finally she went to sleep.

I can't believe she gave daddy all that snuggle time and sent me packing. I will remember that the next time she comes crying to momma. (not) lol
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon May 17, 2010 3:25 pm

DM- That is TOO funny! What a little character Lucy is. How cute!

LM does that too. Like if I try to give my DH a kiss or cuddle with him when she is sitting with him, she says,"No, No No, my Daddy!"

LOL.

SO how are you liking the beginning of the Arizona summer inferno? I think I might melt this summer, I'm not going to lie!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 pm

OMG did I have a little girl who was a tired BEAR this morning. Early as possible lunch and nap lol. Luckily she got over it.

It has been kinda weird today - these clouds seem kinda funky for some reason, but they kept the heat down.

I honestly don't mind summer (but you have a pass to be miserable this year!). I hate crowds in stores, so I will often run my errands in the middle of the day in the summer because noone else is out. Go ahead, say it, I have issues. lol
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon May 17, 2010 11:08 pm

hey ladies!
hope everyone is doing well! DM - that is so funny about her snuggling your DH but not you! They sure do get in funny little moods sometimes, don't they!

Well, I have a quick funny story to share too! Tonight my mom was at the house and she was talking to Owen and he brought her a tube of Desitin. She asked him what it was and he said "bu cre" and my mom looked at me and said, "Oh my gosh! Did he just say "butt cream"!!??" - and I said no way. So she asked him again and he said very loudly and quite clearly, "BUTT CREAM!!!!"

Ashamed Ashamed Ashamed Ashamed
I guess from now on we will call it "Desitin"!!!!!!!

see..... they DO hear everything we say!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Tue May 18, 2010 1:49 am

Lol too funny Lou Lou. And they are just going to start parroting more and more! lol.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue May 18, 2010 10:43 am

LOL DM and loulou.They are so funny! "butt cream' hahaah! I love how Tia-li calls outside 'byebye' yesterday it was raining cats and dogs out here,one of those showers where you can get wet just being out for a couple of seconds.Well,Tia-li decided she HAD to be outside.So i let her out under the porch,she ran out into the rain ,stopped,stoof for a second and yelled 'NOOOOOO!!!!" then tan back and wanted me to dry her.I was laughing so hard,she ran back out and got wet and yelled again',repeat this about 6 times and I took her inside.She got mad at the rain!LOL.She also repeats pretty much everything we say ,if it's not too long.She's so sweet with her little made up words.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed May 19, 2010 1:18 am

That is funny she got mad but went back out so many more times! lol
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 pm

I feel like I haven't been on here in forever. It was slow for awhile and I haven't had alot of time to get on here. I mostly even update FB from my cell phone. I have been way over scheduling recently.

Here are some updates on Emy. We went to childrens for her yearly bone tumor appointment. The doctor believes she has around 30 - 40 tumors. Which they have never seen before but because it is hereditary, its consistant with my husbands family amounts. It is not affecting her growth yet but they said the growth spurt at age 5 is when it could affect her if it is going to. She will get full body xrays at next years appontment.

I am happy to announce we are fully potty trained and have been in underwear with no accidents for over 3 or 4 weeks now, in fact once I put underwear on her instead of pull ups, she hasn't had a accident. I still put a pull up on her at night though just in case, but underwear for naps.

She is so excited to be a big sister soon. She constantly asks what the baby is doing and sings and talks to my belly all the time. The baby goes crazy when when she hears emys voice and emy goes crazy when she gets to feel all the moving.

I hope everyone is doing good. This is such a fun age for these kids. I;ve read some of the stories that have been posted recently. I love it.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17835
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu May 20, 2010 11:15 am

That is so cute how Emy and the baby respond to each other. I think you are going to have a wonderful big sister helper. We'll just have to keep hoping for the best with Emy's bone tumors. At least since it is hereditary you have some ideas what you are facing and are able to be proactive.

How did you get Emy potty trained so well? Lucy doesn't seem to be making any steps forward in that direction....
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu May 20, 2010 12:03 pm

So glad to hear that the tumors are not effecting growth right now! Let's just pray that they never do!!!!!

Yes, will you please enlighten us on your potty train tactics?!!!!! Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri May 21, 2010 6:22 am

Chris- yay for emy- toilet training, thats awesome. Kyrah was pretty much toilet trained and now has gone totally backwards and will scream when asked if she wants to go to the toilet and will have accidents and she knows she is doing it and will hold on and not go. i am guessing its due to the change with Hudson as she is acting out little too behaviour wise, whingy and a little naught - i guess its all attention seeking behaviour, so anyway hopefully it is short lived, as she is back in nappies alot more again now as i dont have the will to let her scream like imm hurting her just to sit her on her potty at the moment. still plenty of time i guess
i too am hoping the tumors do not effecther growth xo

i love all the crazy things kids come out with, they make ya laugh thats for sure.

Well i am going to try and have a mummy/ daughter couple of hours tomorrow, i miss it and so does Kyrah. even though we still do so much with gymnastics etc i guess Hudson is always there and i am just starting to realise that the change in some of her behaviours are due to jealousy. She loves Hudson and treally includes him and will kiss him before me when she wakes up etc, but i can see it effecting her in other ways.
Did any other second time mummies notice this at all???
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri May 21, 2010 10:15 am

Chris,I am sorry for Emys tumours,it just seems to wrong to happen to a baby.I hope she can live with it without that affecting her in a negative way!It seems she is the perfect little angel in every other way,congrats on the potty training,I love looking out for things she says and does on FB! <3

Sparkles,My old neighbour had 2 daughters both close in age (9-7) she said when the second one was born,the eldest one went back to wearing diapers,wanting a bottle and general baby behaviour.She said she just humoured her without encouraging it.She eventually got it down (after a few months ) to having her put a diaper on her baby doll and giving her a bottle but explaining that she was a big girl.Also she said she decorated her room with lots of new 'big girl stuff' and tried to act excited about all the 'big girl' stuff she got to do like drinking out of a special big girl cup,buying her a new sparkley pink baby toilet seat and saying 'see only YOUcan use this because you're a big girl,the baby can't use it cause she's too small and mummy and daddy are too big.It did work,but it took a few months of just letting her be babied a little,like i said humouring but not encouraging the behaviour.I am sure she will grow out of it,with most toddlers it's commen and a passsing phase.You'll all be just fine I am sure.

As for me,I didn't experience that so much with Teo,he was never rough with the baby,he wanted very much to help out and at times if he rocked the baby he did it too fast,I think that was just normal 4 year old stuff.He wasn't mean to her,perhaps he played up a little during that time but you have to bear in mind we hadn't yet put him on that diet to eliminate the chemicals from his diet so he was still crazy at the time already,i think we were just used to it.I can't really give an acurate repsonse on that sorry.

My 2 are fine,Homeschooling is still going well,we have started 1st grade work now,we are slipping into it pretty easily and I am proud of him. Smile/happy Tia-li is a bit whiney at the moment not sure why!Pain in the butt abot touching things she can't have,opening doors,climbing things and generally being a toddler!LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 pm

DM and Lou lou- I think emy was just really ready to potty train. She did it herself really. I gave her treats when she went, as she went I upgraded her poty seat to one tha is a ladder connected to the big toilet. I think it just clicked for her, cause honesty I would forget to ask her, except when we were leaving the house . We would let her call people on the phone and have her tell hem so she could get lots of praise AS long as I had he pull ups on she had days when she had accidents. As soon as I swich to undies, its like she knew and she would run around yelling no more diapers for me(favrite line in her potty book) and she would go I can't go in my undies. So I really just think she hit a point where she could tell she had to pee. Oh and she did the pooping first in the potty. I have been told it is important to have hem learn to poop firs in the potty and hen teach the pee.

sparkles- I am worried about her doing the same thing when the baby is born. you just never know how they will react or revert to baby ways.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17835
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri May 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Wow, way to go Emy on the potty training!! How exciting!!! Smile/happy

There is no way Kian will be potty-trained before his little brother arrives. I only have 5 weeks left, lol. He just doesn't seem too interested yet - he pretend uses the potty all the time, but never for real yet. Well, we'll keep trying.

But, Kian has transitioned into his toddler bed and sleeps and naps in it just fine now - yay!!! It took him a little bit to get used to it (less than two weeks) to not be afraid, or wake up at night or not wanting to nap, but now everything seems fine and he LOVES it.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 am

Lucy just pretends to potty so she can get to the real fun part- washing her hands. Actually she will only 'pretend to sleep in her toddler bed too. She says 'night' and makes snoring noises, then 2 min later 'morning!' and bounces up.

She was 'swimming' in the tub on her belly, and passed gas (bubbles). She giggled and said ''That tickled!''
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:34 pm

hi all hope your all well
just an update for us
Kyrah hasnt had one wee accident in 6 days, so going really well, still does number 2 in her pants though .. fun lol but she is getting back on track now.
we have gotten rid of thebottle of milk she had at night and we offer her it in a cup, but she wont drink it so we are just keeping her yogurt and cheese up for now. She gave it up easy so now just to conquer the dummy at rest times, but i will finish toilet traiing first i think. Kyrah is doing really well and talking in short setences now nd coming out with funny things like we were at my MIL's and she did a wee on the toilet and tried to flush it but she didnt press it hard enough and she said, mum its not working, needs batteries lol i couldnt stop laughing. She is really into dressing up and pretend playing at the moment and put on my old school t shirt today and pants and a tu tu, got a back pack on , some cheese, her shoes, put her hat on backwardas and kissed me goodbye and said bye mum im going to school and hopped in her car seat saying mum seat belt. she doesnt go to kindy or anything so it was very cute.
Hudson is doing great, my little chubby bubby, he is 6 kg already the same size Kyrah was at 3 months. He is also going 9 hours at night without a feed now, so sleeping about 7-8 hours in a row, i am sooo lucky lol , however he has his lasat feed early like 5.30/6 pm then wakes around 2.30 am, so i am still up but i canot compain he goes straight back down after his feed. He is stilll very placid and smiles at EVERYthing i love it
well bye for now xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 am

Even if I can't particpate, I miss hearing about all your babies.......you all need to post more!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22686
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Ok so either everyone has moved to a different thread or everyone is having the same struggle of finding the time to come on here with two little ones in the house. I do miss you all and if it is easier look me up on facebook cuppless@gmail.com at least I can catch the tidbits everyone has going on with them.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Oh where to start. I don't even know where I left off. It has been way too long. I have missed you all but Isaac has been taking any extra time I have and I feel guilty getting on the computer if he can have some one on one mommy time. We are watching Dinosaur at the moment and cuddling . I think he is working on his 2 1/2 year molars so while I am sitting here I am going to try and catch up . Or maybe not--I hear Samuel. Ok I guess the lunch rush has started but I will copy this and add to it when everyone is down for their nap.

Everyone is fed and in bed now it is just a game of who will go to sleep first. So I think the last post I wrote updated everyone on Samuel's holey heart. Our pedicatrician said she heard the murmur too and recomended that when he was three months old we needed to go to childrens so they could see if there was any improvement or if they would need to intevene. So we just recently took him back and they did another EKG and an echocardiogram. Sammi did great and he didn't even cry during the tests which is really helpful. All three holes are still there. The one has decreased in size. The other defect one out of four people have. And the third is not something that will heal itself and is not a "normal" defect. So we have to take him back when he is a year old to check everything over. The good news is that he can run, play, cry, and laugh with no harm or concern to his health. My dh posed a scenario of if Samuel was to turn blue and we had to take him to the ER and the doctor said if he were to turn blue to tell the ER doctor not to look at his heart as the cause. So while I really hate the idea of the defects I am glad that it doesn't look like it will cause him any problems.

Around the same time they wanted to test Isaac for speech delay. I think that was the week I had five doctors appointments in four days (and our A/C went out). They were worried that he wasn't talking at what he "should be" doing. I went along with it just to make sure there wasn't an underlying reason but had a feeling he would talk when he wanted to. So the county tested him but his speech was not delayed enough to make it into their program so the evaluator sent me home with some papers and info which I still haven't managed to read through. And of course a few weeks later his words started to come. They aren't crystal clear but he is picking up new words everyday and gets excited when he can communicate what he wants. I get the whole preschool is the new kindergarten but when do they get to be kids. And it doesn't help that he is the size of a three year old.

I guess the other main happening is just adjusting to life as a family of four. We have our good and bad days. When Isaac is clingy and just not feeling good it is hard because even a small murmur from Sammi can set him off. I haven't figured out why it upsets him so much but I have started to give him time outs for throwing things. It seems to be the first thing he does. So he is getting better about not throwing things he just looks at me with a pouty face points his finger at me and talks gibberish in a whiney I am about to cry way. Somedays it is cute and other days it takes every ounce of me not to want a tiny break from it all.

We just got back from my parents. We had a first b-day party, two graduations parties, and a baptism all in the moth of July so we spent what was supposed to be a week but ended up 2 1/2 weeks when our A/C broke again. DH told me just to stay there with the boys until we figured out what was going on. So now I am trying to get us back on some sort of schedule. Sammi has started on solids and my mom's friend gave me boxes upon boxes of boys clothing I am trying to sort through. And of course I feel like I just sorted all of Isaac's clothes and got it stored away. So back out it all comes. My sister and her DH and 10 month old are using us as a stop over and possibly bringing my parents with them but that means I need to get this house back into order after not being here and here I am dragging out clothes. So I really should get going but I had to stop in and see how everyone was doing. I know there is tons I didn't mention...I am a minivan mom now...I bought some g diapers to try...I am pondering potty training for Isaac...I am trying my hand at becoming a coupon guru...but right now there are bins of clothes that need my attention while my little monsters nap.

I hope you all are doing well.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next