Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010

+12
skyllar
sapphire
chrisb
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
Lou Lou
MommaBear
dolly's momma
sparkles
LeanneWhitney
galaxy
Angel
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 Empty Re: Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010

Post  Angel Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Goodness Mbear! YOu HAVE been busy! I am so glad to hear that baby Samuels heart is healing by itsslef.When I read what had happend I went and read for a good while about it and I saw that in the mjority of cases the holes heal themselevs in the first year.I was glad to read that and hoped it would be the case for your little one.I also am glad to hear that he can still do all the normal things a baby can do! Still i cannot imagine the worry and strain you have been through to get to this point! (((hugs)))

I am also glad that Isaac is talking,again something that corrects itsself most time,just when parents start to get worried they burst into talking.Tia-li is 2 and doesnt talk in long sentences or anything,but in the last 2 months she's really been stringing words together and will have a go at anything you say to her,it's really sweet.but before that she was still on one syllabl words.You sound like you're doing an awesome job,it's nice to hear from you.

As for me,Well like I said,Tia-li turned 2 in july,Teo is 6 still homeschooling him for the time being,probably for another couple of grades until I can get my degree and a well paying job and I can put him in a montessori school that is worthy of his presence Wink

Also,I will feel then at age 4-5 that Tia-li is ready to go to school as well.I have been busy working on stuff for me too,which means I am busy a lot of the time with Teo's school,my schooling and trying to start my business for my crystal bouquets.I will post a link in the news forum in a bit but here it is here as well! Smile/happy

http://bellabouquets.vpweb.com/ let me know what you think. Smile/happy Good to have some news from you and I hope it will inspire others to give a little update on here too,it's been quiet! Smile/happy

post everyone! xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010 - Page 6 Empty Re: Mothers and babies birth onwards 2010

Post  chrisb Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Mommabear- I had no idea about samuel, I'm really glad to hear it will resolve itself in time but I can imagine it still is stressful. Although not having AC right now would be enough to send me over the edge. It all surely puts things in perspective and makes you thankful that all of it turned out alright. My brother had a speech delay, he was 4 or 5 at least before he really started talking talking. He would throw fits and get so frustrated because he couldn't communicate what he wanted. He had no future speech issues so it didn't affect him as he got older.

Well I'm a week out from the csection and I am going to venture downstairs tomorrow. I have tried taking it super easy in hopes that I will heal faster. I feel a ton better this time around, I guess its the difference between a emergency c and a scheduled c. Emy is doing great right now and so far hasn't had behavior issues.....fingers crossed.

Angel- Have you ever thought about getting a job at the montessori school so you can get discounted tuition for the time being. I went to montessori school for a bit and was thinking about putting Emy in it. A few of our local public schools are montessori but they have a lottery to get in them and its very hard to get in. Otherwise they are crazy expensive

chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17835
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey Chris,

I am so glad you are able to take it easy and are feeling better! Smile/happy

Working at a montessori...hmmm,had never considered it.I don't have a teaching degree or any experience beside teaching my son.It is pretty expensive here ($700 /month per child but you get a discount 1/2 price I think for the second) either way it's a lot.Some are cheaper than others but I just love the WAy they teach iwthout putting preassure on the children and making them do things the cookie cutter way.it's especially good for bright,strogn willed children! I will maybe talk to the lady at the local one here ,but I am happy homeschooling for now! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:12 pm

I read posts here and there, but don't really post. It is so nice reading about how all of our babies and toddlers are progressing, the good and the bad stuff lol. I've found a place to move to. It's not awesome, but it gets us out of my mom's house and gives me freedom and say-so. I am gonna email him my application this evening. It doesn't sound like he's gonna have any problems accepting my application. It'll be a 3 bedroom 1 bath shock . I said I did NOT want to share a bathroom with the girls, but oh well c'est la vie! We all have to suck stuff up. Theirs is no cable Tongue . Jayden is doing so well at daycare, although she's still giving me grief at home sometimes. Her potty training is hit or miss, she's still not telling me when she has to go, and I don't always remember to ask(some help with this would be great ladies!!!) Jadah is doing fine, although she's looking quite round and dumpy these days with all the eating she likes to do. But, all that is about to be cut out little does she know. lol

I have a problem ladies. I probably should move this to relationships, but I just don't have the umph to go post elsewhere, sorry mods Cry Tongue My new guy friend in my life and I have are hitting it off great. The chemistry is through the roof. We connect so naturally and easily. We share the same religious preference, which makes things a lot simpler. But, here lies the problem. My sweetie sucks in bed poor thing. I mean it's just not good. The equipment is not sufficient to satisfy me(might be TMI) Which brings me to my next issue/predicament/solution/OMG. I've been seeing this one guy off and on for several months, and we've become really good friends as well as "other things". He's my WOW factor. The best I've ever had in my life. But, I am not sure if he is willing to ever take it to the next level of relationship or if we're even suppose to. I can see my church guy whom I really like wanting to take it to relationship status very soon, but I'm so not ready to give up my WOW factor. So far, I've been really good. I haven't slept with WOW since church guy and I hooked up, and I have given some really good believable "excuses" so that he isn't suspicious. I sound like one of those crazy anonymous Dear Ann ladies you sometimes come across in newspapers. I guess what I want to know is this, 1)me and church guy are not boyfriend/girlfriend although he does know about WOW guy(not that he's my WOW guy, just that he exists), and he wants me to stop sleeping with WOW guy now that he's "sleeping" with me(if it can be called that poor thing) so should I do what he asks even though we're not an item, although we see each other almost everyday(he drives like 45 mins to see me) or should I keep WOW and just be really careful not to let church guy know and only give up WOW if/when me and church guy become boyfriend/girlfriend(don't want to cheat although some may say it kind of is but not). And then for WOW, I feel like some type of honesty is called for with him because I really value him as a friend too and feel it's only right. Like there was a time when I could really see myself in a relationship with him(but he's fresh out of one. I wasn't a homewrecker I promise!!! They broke up over some other stuff.) Anyway, that's where I am. I like both. My heart is with church guy, and my ___ could be with him too if he was good enough, but alas it's still with WOW.....
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 pm

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well!!!!
Momma Bear - I'm sorry to hear how stressful things have been for you over the past few months! I am glad to hear that Samuel's heart conditions are improving but realize it must still be really stressful to think about what type of complications could arise.
I also know it's been difficult worrying about Issac's language development. I can say that with Owen he just (in the last 3 weeks or so) has really begun to talk. It seems like one day he had just random words and then the next day it just clicked. I get frustrated too about how hard society seems to push kids these days. I mean, they are TWO!!!!! I'm trying just to focus on communicating with him and meeting his needs and then we spend the majority of our time just playing and doing fun, two year old appropriate activities. He has the rest of his life to be an adult!!!! : )

Ms Cherry - glad to hear you all are doing well! I read your post about Church Guy and Wow Guy and I have to say that if Church Guy is who you really want to be with then it's worth trying to make all parts of the relationship work! I mean, could it be just lack of experience on his part or do you see how things could improve as you spend more time together? Would he be open to the idea of toys?

Holi - Congrats on getting all of your paperwork finalized!!!! That is awesome!!!!
I am so glad to hear home school is working for you guys!!!!! I would love to home school - especially if we were to have another child. If Owen is an only child I will probably send him to a private school. (I want him to be around other kids.) I'm also really excited about your business!!!!

As for me, we are doing great! Owen currently has an ear infection but we got meds today and I'm hoping to see some improvements tomorrow. He has become Mr. Independent and he likes to say to me, "I do" (I can do it myself) ALL DAY LONG!!!!! He learned the phrase "I wanna" so it also says that alot. He calls anything like towels, napkins, our tissue a "towel" and will often ask for a "piece of towel"!!!! He calls himself "Owie" which I think is adorable and has a fascination with stacking things (blocks, hot wheel cars, etc) He is a good eater most of the time, well behaved (most of the time) affectionate and loving. He is sleeping on average of 11.5 hours at night and is trying to drop his afternoon nap. I am determined to salvage our nap (for my sanity) so we will see who wins!!!!!
I am freelancing more and more which is great but I sometimes feel guilty because I have to drag Owen around to do things for my clients. I don't have to work right now but I also know I don't want to go back to a full time desk job and if I work hard right now I'll have a good client base to work with once Owen starts school. We currently have no plans to have more children (my DH does not want more). I am torn because I think Owen should have a sibling but I also enjoy being able to devote all of my time and attention to him. Who knows what will happen!!!!
That's about it. I spend my days playing with Owen and we also have a group we play with once a week. (it's three other moms and we 5 children between us) We go to the library once a week, spend 4-5 hours week freelancing and try to keep the house clean and experiment with new recipes. It's enough to keep me VERY busy!!!!!

Didn't mean to write a book!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:56 am

Ms Cherry,I'd say why do you have to choose between one or another now? Why not wait,there may be someone else.The world has a lot of people in it Wink I would maybe back off of both for a while to see if you miss either of them enough to persue it regardless of either of their 'shortcomings' (pun intended Tongue) Then you'll know if it's worth the effort!

Lou,so glad to hear your doing good,sounds like you're spending some quailty time with O and he's blooming because of that! Smile/happy x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Angel - I love your bouquets. They are so original and beautiful. And I hear you on the education stuff. I never thought I would stress so much over what to do when it came to preschool choices. I would love to get Isaac out of the house and to socialize but I think we may end up trying out some different classes first like tumbling and that kind of stuff.

Chris - I am glad you are doing well after your c-section and that Emy is co-operating with you. That has to be by far the biggest adjustment this time around for me.

mscherry - I see that your application was acceptedand are moving. Congratulations you must be so excited. I am sure it will nice to be in your own place with your girls. As for the guy stuff I am horrible at guy advice but I tend to side with Angel on letting things play out a little more if you can.

Lou Lou - Owen sounds like he is doing great. I cannot believe he is already trying to drop his nap. I would do anything to salvage the afternoon nap especially now. It's funny when I read your typical day it made me miss my days with just Isaac and I. Samuel adds a whole new dimension to everything and completely bursting any ideas I had for work outside of mom stuff.

My sister was visiting with her dh and 10 month old (and dropped off my parents) on their way to a wedding so things were a little crazy here. I think her daughter either brought a cold with her or we caught something when Samuel had his check up last week. Isaac had a fever (it hit 103 at one point) and was miserable for two days. He is better today or at least running around but he is snotty and still not feeling great. Samuel had a small fever yesterday but seems to be eating and so I am hoping that it is just a cold. So I am just trying to get back on my feet and back into our little routine. But I think I have may have caught the cold too because I just cannot seem to kick it into gear today.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6